Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:18 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

As last year please post your mini review/experiences as Le Club Accorhotels silver/gold/platinum here. For full reviews please post in the existing thread or start a new one if the hotel does not show up in a search.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Sofitel Sukhumvit Bangkok

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Sukhumvit Bangkok

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Booked Luxury Room, upgraded to Luxury Room Club Millesime (with access to lounge)

- How are the rooms? Still in reasonable condition although a few minor issues (tap loose in bathroom, ants reappearing in the toilet area every day). Bose sound system, coffee machine and Hermes amenities are good extras.

Good:

Nice gym and swimming pool

Breakfast in lounge with a la Carte options.

L'Appart - great food but service lacking (asked 3 times for a cold towel and nearly gave me the duck instead of chicken until I corrected it).

Bad:

Internet - only the free version is offered to Gold and Plats I was told. Even 2Mbs is chargeable with other faster options of 5Mbs and 10Mbs. At least 2Mbs should be offered to those on the Club floor, Gold and Plats. You can't do business on the free option. I raised this issue with the staff as previously when the hotel first opened, I think a faster option was free but this was changed recently.

As reported earlier, the lounge has capacity problems and on one night, it was a bit of a disaster with nothing filled up and having to wait 20 - 30 minutes for a cocktail. However, we should remain grateful for the upgrade and to be fair, it was very peak season and even on the other 5 nights of my stay, there weren't the same issues. They still have the breakfast area open for the cocktails and have set up a second bar / food station to cope with demand.

Not enough hot snacks - now only 3 small canapes are given to each guest whereas before it was self-service with more choices.

Turndown service only 2 out of 6 nights.

They clean the rooms very late in the day - sometimes past 5pm when the room service sign was on since 10am!

No welcome gift but drinks voucher for lobby bar given when asked.

Probably. Still value for money but the lounge has deteriorated slightly (lack of hot snacks and capacity issues) so I may not pay for the Club room and rely on upgrades in future. The big issue that will determine whether I return (after 3 stays) will be the internet charges. On this occasion they waived them for me.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Mercure Saint Malo front de mer

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Saint Malo front de mer

Platinum

mixed feeling : I stayed several times before in this small hotel, conveniently located and on the sea (area of St Malo called "le sillon" very close to the old fortified part of the city). This new stay (during the new year's eve period) was good in itself but bad for everything related to status recognition
I will report details about this in the thread dedicated to Le Club improvements
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...l#post22084477

booked standard double room. No upgrade, despite possibilities

- How are the rooms?
not huge, comfortable, quiet, small but nice bathroom

Good:
- price (booked an offer which has a very attractive fare, including breakfast and which did not require advance payment)
- location of the hotel
- staff : nice people at reception, breakfast and for housekeeping

Bad:
- inexistent Le Club status recognition and benefits. As said previously, see details in the other thread.

Not applicable

Yes but may start to look at some alternatives if they don't improve on Le Club things

Last edited by Goldorak; Jan 4, 2014 at 4:26 pm
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:45 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Birmingham Centre

Platinum

Yes
Booked standard room and got an executive room (skipping superior room)

- How are the rooms?
The room was pretty good, no bigger than a superior room from my experience but included enhanced toiletries, coffee machine, complimentary water, slippers and bath robe

Good: Drinks voucher included with room key, gift for my 7 year old, got a letter from the hotel manager welcoming me to the hotel as a Platinum member and got a nice bag of Cadbury Dairy Milk buttons (155g) nice touch with Cadbury's being local (guessing this was their VIP offering, much better all round than the stay in Bristol's Novotel a few days earlier)

Bad: sofa bed wasn't made up, however when we mentioned this to them on the way to dinner they sorted that themselves

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Not applicable

I paid £42 in the sale so with the double upgrade was fantastic value and was really made to feel welcome (my partner commented on this also) would definitely return
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:49 am

Sofitel Agadir Royal Bay Resort

- Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Agadir Royal Bay Resort

Platinum
---Obviously no status recognition at this hotel

Neutral - Negative

Reserved Superior Room but DOWNGRADED to Classic Room

- How are the rooms?
Nothing special. Dated. No view.

Good:
Buffet restaurant at NEXT property was nice
Only familiar name hotel in Agadir
No parking fee

Bad:
Far from central area of beach and also from downtown.
Poor security system -- DO NOT TRUST HOTEL RECEPTION or HOUSE KEEPING staff
Poorly maintained room furniture etc.

No maybe no lounge there. No welcome drink or alike

N/A - Difficult to compare with other hotels.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:10 pm

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Brisbane (King George Square)

- What is your Le Club status? Plat

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Have stayed a few times. Very happy on every occasion.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Upgrade from a basic room to deluxe. Also given free access to exec lounge. Very happy. It is the first time I have not booked a lounge room here.

- How are the rooms? Nice, clean, good amenities.

Good: Lounge access, upgrade etc. Good recognition of loyalty.

Bad:None.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes - good selection of wines and beers. Food was just OK. Breakfast was good.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Definitely.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
MGallery Am KonzertHaus Vienna

Platinum

7/10

Standard/Deluxe

Small but comfortable

Nice check-in process, nice staff in the lobby

Good: Centre located hotel

Bad: NOT a MGallery standard hotel (since MGallery collection should be an high level hotels, I can say that it could be easily considered as a Mercure or Novotel, NOT a MGallery)
Rude staff in the bar
Unpolite staff in the breakfast area.

No lounge available in the hotel.

I think I'll consider another hotel next time, but anyway is a good hotel.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
- Name of the hotel:
Ibis Al Barsha Dubai

Platinum

enough!

Standard/Standard

- How are the rooms?
small: Ibis style

Near to the mall of emirates (10 min walk)

Bad:
always overcrowded, near to the highway.

Not availab.

- Would you return?
Only if i can't find another structure available in the area.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
- Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Nusa Dua Bali

Platinum

It was okay. Could be better.

Booked standard room and got "ocean view" with club access. It's not direct view, it's actually on the side. You have to get out to the balcony, and look sideways for the "ocean view".
And it's a really far walk from the lobby/restaurant/pool.
I would actually recommend the lagoon room, with direct access to the lagoon/pool, which is a category below the ocean view room for some reason.

Hotels still in soft opening, none of the suites are open, and only some rooms are open.
Spa/fitness not open yet. The pools are open.

- How are the rooms?
The room was decent size, shower layout was a bit weird.
There's a big stone (you can't move it) on the floor, in the middle of the shower. Is it for if you want to sit during shower? Doesn't seem comfortable.
And it's right in the middle, below the shower head. It's really awkward if you tried to use the shower.

Good:
Price was cheap($140 nett), considering the property and during peak season. Breakfast had a pretty extensive selections.

Bad: Even though it's confirmed that i got club access, but when i accessed the lounge and during breakfast, they have to double check to front desk.
See above for the stone seat in the shower.

Yes.
It's a temporary location. Only accessed once for a drink. Can't really tell what the offerings are.

If the price stays the same, with club access/breakfast, i would return once the hotel is completely open
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Pullman Bangsar, Malaysia

- Name of the hotel:
Pullman Bangsar, Malaysia ^

Platinum

Yes, you can see they are making an effort both as an hotel and as a loyalty program, which is great!

Booked the cheapest room and got upgraded to a larger corner room.

- How are the rooms?
The building is an odd shape so are some of the rooms! The rooms were ok, there were nice amenities in the bathroom and a coffee machine too.

Good: The breakfast spread looked quite good-unfortunately I didn't have time to sample, upgrades for elites and a warm welcome!

Bad: The building is an old structure and was abandoned for over a decade before recent activity. Plus the location means it can be hard to navigate into the hotel by car and also on foot to the nearest LRT station.

Yes- the lounge was pretty good with decent beer, spirits and selection of one red/one white wine. The bites were quite tasty too and the lounge staff friendly.

Yes its a decent enough value for those who know the city.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:44 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

The Pullman Bangsar building was not designed as a hotel... It was originally designed as an office building.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Convention Centre Ancol, Jakarta.

Gold

Very happy !!!

Booked two rooms; Grand Deluxe and Deluxe Ocean View. Was told that both of them were located in different part of the hotel. Therefore, my Deluxe Ocean View was upgraded (double upgrade) to Executive Ocean View. It seems that Executive Ocean View is not bookable online so it makes me very special ^^

- How are the rooms?
Eventhough the hotel looks old; but both of my rooms are very new. The GRO told me that the hotel is having an ongoing renovation; Grand Deluxe and Executive Ocean view room are the example of the latest renovated room (having just opened after renovation on January 2014). Both of the rooms have seaview and even the Executive room has a double seaview (both from the north and the east side).

Good:
- When I was checked-in, I was told that I shouldn't check in here but instead on the priority desk. ^^ Which is very nice touch !! considering most of other Accor properties left their priority desk unattended so it was nice !!
- Double Room upgrade
- Got a welcome drink voucher; thought that I would get ordinary fruit punch, but when I went to the bar, the staff told me that I could get juices, soft drink, liquor, anything that I want. Wow !!! cool !! Feels like staying in Sofitel !!
- Friendly Staffs
- Internet is very satisfactory; it was around 5-7 Mbps during my stay; much better than other hotels in Jakarta. And..did I mention that the internet is free ?
- The Le Club points were posted within 1 day after my check-out time. ^

Bad:
As I previously said, the hotel is actually quite old and it seems that the Grand Deluxe is the only the last renovated room that is bookable online; so I don't recommend if you book other type of the room.

No lounge.

Surely I will; especially with such a great services ! ^^

Last edited by virtualaris; Jan 13, 2014 at 11:05 pm
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Sukhumvit, Bangkok
Stayed 8 to 12 Jan 2014

- What is your Le Club status?Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Deluxe (cheapest) upgraded to corner room and lounge access (with breakfast thrown in) Fruit basket and daily NY times.
Check in at lounge 31st floor. Received welcome drink voucher which we did not use: went to lounge instead.
Third stay, got 3 different rooms, liked the one with office desk in alcove and bathroom at end of room most, but won't comply for any of them.

- How are the rooms?
Excellent, found airco control weird, you modify temp but display shows initial temp, you have to wait 1 or 2 hours before the display shows the new temp. Also loudness of TV is controlled via Bose system, if OFF you won't hear anything and a few time there was an auto shut-off...

Good:
On the contrary of previous poster mentioning problems we had none: rooms made up by 14.00, turn down each day around 18h.
Could not fault breakfast spread unlike poster mentioned in Sofitel Sukhumvit thread, everything refilled on the go. Excellent choice in cheese department.
We are well know by staff now, especially with our little one, almost 3y young charming little girl, even the 7/11 next doors remember her by name as soon as she walked in....

Bad:
Nothing really

Yes, Lounge very quite as opposed previous visit (october)
Warm welcome and excellent service by lounge staff.

Booked with 40% discount, thus excellent value considering lounge access and breakfast thrown in.
We will be back somewhere 2014.

Last edited by tartempion; Jan 14, 2014 at 3:39 am
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
- Name of the hotel:
Ibis Christchurch
Nice and central. Takes coach parties so there can be catering clashes at dinner times. I had to wait for an hour for the coach party to be fed and watered before they would take my order.

Gold

- Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, it was sort-of forgettable - just how I like my workaday stays. Spent four nights/five days there

They have one type of room, though I did get a city view, across to the Port Hills. However, rear-facing rooms seem to look straight onto a huge concrete wall, so definitely the better of the two options.
Hardly any traffic down the entrance road so no road noise from the city-facing rooms.

- How are the rooms?
Simple and clean, but far more luxurious than the Ikea version of the Scandinvian detention centre called the Ibis Melbourne Airport.
Small bathroom but ok. Nice double bed. Small kettle and beverages selection. Mini-fridge to store your milk.

Good:
Really good food in the restaurant. Enjoyable lamb main course and a nice pasta in wine sauce, too. Most diners were complimentary about the dining.
Some very helpful restauarant staff
A good night's sleep - perhaps the only real test of a good hotel.

Bad:
Horrible uncomfortable chair in the bedroom - made it difficult to work at the workbench.
Please teach your (generally young and female) staff to look at their customers, not to mumble and not to appear bored. It really is not my fault you hate your job. I encountered the same pepole over five days and not one managed a 'hallo'.
I really like an electrical socket by the bedside cabinet for phone charging and laptop use - none here.
No soap/shampoo top ups for three days.
Group parties can choke the restaurant

No lounge, but a drink voucher, free internet and sullenness was free to all customers, irrespective of card colour.

Yes, at the rate I paid (I also got $20 room credit). The rates crept up to Novotel rates, and the Novotel rates crept higher, so once we hit $170 for an Ibis, I am out.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:55 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Name of the hotel: Pullman Xiamen Powerlong

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Booked Classic Room, upgraded to Deluxe Club Floor Room Lake view (with access to lounge)

- How are the rooms? Not huge in size but nicely renovated with a sofa, comfy desk chair and beautiful bathroom. Had a wonderful view of a lake to wake up to in the morning.

Good: staff friendly; prompt service ; decent evening canapé ; organised a musli for breakfast for me; comfy bed ; can't fault anything.
No welcome gift but got cut fruits and a bottle of VOSS water. Colleague who travelled with me was granted (invited) lounge access too as they weren't busy.
Friendly FOM: Ben

Bad:
Window was not 100% soundproof - damaged seal I guess - so had wind noise. But I did sleep very well.

Definitely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.