FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:35 pm
virtualaris

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Convention Centre Ancol, Jakarta.

- What is your Le Club status?
Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very happy !!!

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked two rooms; Grand Deluxe and Deluxe Ocean View. Was told that both of them were located in different part of the hotel. Therefore, my Deluxe Ocean View was upgraded (double upgrade) to Executive Ocean View. It seems that Executive Ocean View is not bookable online so it makes me very special ^^

- How are the rooms?
Eventhough the hotel looks old; but both of my rooms are very new. The GRO told me that the hotel is having an ongoing renovation; Grand Deluxe and Executive Ocean view room are the example of the latest renovated room (having just opened after renovation on January 2014). Both of the rooms have seaview and even the Executive room has a double seaview (both from the north and the east side).

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- When I was checked-in, I was told that I shouldn't check in here but instead on the priority desk. ^^ Which is very nice touch !! considering most of other Accor properties left their priority desk unattended so it was nice !!
- Double Room upgrade
- Got a welcome drink voucher; thought that I would get ordinary fruit punch, but when I went to the bar, the staff told me that I could get juices, soft drink, liquor, anything that I want. Wow !!! cool !! Feels like staying in Sofitel !!
- Friendly Staffs
- Internet is very satisfactory; it was around 5-7 Mbps during my stay; much better than other hotels in Jakarta. And..did I mention that the internet is free ?
- The Le Club points were posted within 1 day after my check-out time. ^

Bad:
As I previously said, the hotel is actually quite old and it seems that the Grand Deluxe is the only the last renovated room that is bookable online; so I don't recommend if you book other type of the room.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No lounge.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Surely I will; especially with such a great services ! ^^

Last edited by virtualaris; Jan 13, 2014 at 11:05 pm