Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
- Name of the hotel:

Toronto Novotel Centre

- What is your Le Club status?

Platinum

Fine with hotel, terrible process after booking (for best rate GTD)

Standard King, got (Exec?) King on top floor

- How are the rooms?

Very nice, spacious, nice bathroom and rain shower. Mine had a large work desk in it and a separate table & chairs

Good:
Price (in the end after BRG finaly being applied) - $322 CAD for 3 nights - Wed, Thurs, Fri
Spacious rooms
Sauna, gym (was good for a hotel for a short stay), nice pool too
Couple of staff members knew my name by 2nd day
Booked car service to airport night before I left and had no issues
2 lots of cheese boards, fruit, etc sent to room - 1 when I arrived, other on 2nd day from the Director of Sales and Marketing with a longish hand written card
Great location if you are going to Raptors/Maple Leafs and also Blue Jays games

Bad:
Best Rate GTD being applied - posted in the BRG thread with all the issues
My rate had not been updated when I checked in, so I was not to happy signing the form that had the old price on it. Night manager assured me that it would be taken care of the next day. Check-in took about 15-20 mins due to this

No lounge on site

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Would definitely return even if it was a slightly more expensive rate

pics of each welcome gift (also got a drinks voucher):

in room when i arrive

2nd day with card from Director

Last edited by pmarrsouth; Mar 3, 2014 at 5:32 pm Reason: Picture blowout
Old Mar 4, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Name of the hotel: MGallery Convent Hotel Amsterdam

What is your Le Club status? Gold.

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very much so, yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I'd booked a classic room with king-size bed. I received an upgrade to a Luxury Room with king-size bed and lounge area.

How are the rooms? Very much to my taste - simple decoration and elegant, very good sized and although there were a couple of nitpicky issues (a seal was loose in the walk in shower) the room itself was splendid.

Good:
The staff were excellent - friendly, jokey and very kind. I asked about the upgrade on check-in and immediately had my status recognised, got an upgrade and the VIP gift was some chocolates and some mug mats decorated by a local artist. The location is also great - 10 minutes walk from Amsterdam Central and only 30 minutes walk from the museum district or 10 minutes from the main shopping streets and, erm, the more erotic parts of the city. Also, I was taken ill during my stay and the staff were great - got a doctor for me and could not have been more solicitous (I should say I was not ill due to anything in the hotel at all)

Bad: I wasn't that impressed with the cooked breakfast option - very basic, although hot and filling. The restaurant staff were proactive though and I really liked the coffee (which I mention because so often it's watery pap). The continental option did look excellent though with a good range of cold meats and cheeses. I only realised after my stay I never got a drinks voucher, but TBH I wasn't that bothered by it. If you're looking for quirky character, then I have to say that this isn't the place for you as it does have a clean, corporate feel.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Not applicable.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Definitely - I'm hoping to go back later in the year and am already recommending it to friends and colleagues.

1F
Old Mar 6, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Amex Plat, BA Amex PP
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Gatwick

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?Classic, no upgrade.

- How are the rooms? Very nice, clean and modern. Good size. Better than expected.

Good:Friendly staff, modern rooms, very convenient location.

Bad: No acknowledgement of status, very poor free wifi.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good value for what i paid and i would return due to location.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:39 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Pullman Brussels Midi

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Brussels Midi

- What is your Le Club status? Plat

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No, zero recognition and refusal to upgrade to next category

Deluxe (2nd night was eventually upgraded to a mini suite after a lot of hassle)

- How are the rooms? Modern, new, clean, functional

Good: good transport connections, new modern property, Pullman Connectivity system (allowing streaming from your personal devices to the TV)

Bad: Staff attitude: refusing upgrade, black carpets in the hallways which show every speck of dirt, rude breakfast staff, no welcome gift beyond the one that comes with the room anyway.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge at this hotel

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Reasonable rate, will never return

(full review with pictures to follow shortly)
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No to begin with but ended with a partial yes

Booked: LUXURY ROOM, 1 King Size Bed, Pool and Sea Side

Upgrade I : Prestige Suite (100m2)

From the outside - Bottom Corner (the whole side)

Upgrade II : Opera Suite (104m2)

- How are the rooms? The suites were both top notch and at a very high standard - as expectected from a Sofitel Hotel. Very clean and pleasing on the eye with all possible amenities one could dream of. Well equiped minibar including after sun(burn) products and of course IMO the unbeatable L'Occitan products. Eye for detail, and nothing missed... ^

Good: The staff, and that Plat members were treated as VIPs. Had a few issues that we took up with the 2nd in command and he sorted it without even blinking (upgraded us once again from the Prestige Suite to a Opera Suite) and became our new best friend while in Krabi ^^^ The staff otherwise were unbelievably friendly and helpful. For instance, we rented a Sofitel Boat for a day with crew and days after, we would meet some of them and we'd chit chat as we were good old friends. The activity bookings through the hotel is amazing with unbelievable things to do, either in groups or privataly which we did.

Bad: I hate to say this, but the hotel has signed a deal with a few Nordic package holiday makers (the worst you can ever dream off - I'm ashamed to admit it but I'm from that part of the world myself) which brings in the clientele to match I gather this was an unfortunate choice the former GM had to make (with HQ in France) as I believe the tourist market declined due to misc reasons.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes, there is a café opposite the Reception that servers as a Club Lounge between 17:00 and 18:30 (if I remember correctly) with lots of really good food offereings and as always we ate too much in here so no appetite for dinner :-(
Good selection of drinks available and great staff as well...

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, I'd say pretty good value for money (it's a Sofitel after all) so we would definitely return based on the quality of the hotel, its staff and the immaculate plat treatment we received from Alfredo and Andreas, but not until the hotel gets rid of those cheap package holiday tourist groups which are devaluating the Sofitel brand

Seperate TR in the working to be posted soon...

Last edited by Cupart; Mar 9, 2014 at 1:01 pm
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Sofitel So Bangkok

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel So Bangkok

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a SO COMFY room, 1 king bed, Lumpini Park view, and ended up with a Water element room on the 28th floor. Not sure if this was an upgrade at all, as it basically was just as per the room description we initially made. Being plat we did get access to the Lounge and free breakfast.

- How are the rooms? Small and a bit cramped for my liking BUT we had just arrived from a 100+m2 plus room so maybe not fair. Still too cramped and a bit dark for being a Water element room...

Room 2806

Good: The staff were top notch and made the stay very enjoyable. The Apple media center was actually quite good fun to use with lots of info by your fingertips. The BMW BKK airport transfer was out of this world and highly recommended.

Bad: Rooms a bit too small for my liking. The breakfast area was not straight forward meaning it was difficult to find stuff and it was all "messy" in the sense that it seemed to be all over the place. Orange juice had to be "ordered" which in fact tasted more like mandarin juice and on the first day we got a full pot of coffe to the table while on the other day we just got two little cups. Butter was quite hard to get hold off and getting things one asked for could take time...

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. The hotel interior has been designed by Christian Lacroix back in 2011 and tbh I think this type of design is quickly going to go out of fashion. Lots of plastic white animals, lots of silver and North African influences on pillows, fabrics and colours thrown in with a little Parisian fashion week. I did not particularly like it and could not have stayed for much longer than the two days we were there as it kind of started to disturb me... I couldn't quite relax in the "night club lounge" type setting for very long. It reminded me very much of lounges one would hang out in 15 years ago in London and Dublin.

They made a big deal out of Mr Lacroix being in charge of the design

Anyway, the lounge served drinks from 17:00 to 19:00 (I think) and had the usual food servings. Did not eat there as we went to the North East restaurant around the corner as recommended by the lounge staff ^^^

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Great location so value for money yes I'd say. We did not quite fall for the decor (too dark, to loungy, to wannabe-a-tad-too-late trendy) so would probably not go back again... Next time we'll stay at the other Sofitel in Bangkok.

As before a detailed TR to appear soon...
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by acbs
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Gatwick

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?Classic, no upgrade.

- How are the rooms? Very nice, clean and modern. Good size. Better than expected.

Good:Friendly staff, modern rooms, very convenient location.

Bad: No acknowledgement of status, very poor free wifi.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good value for what i paid and i would return due to location.
Bad that you got no status recognition, have stayed here on a number of occasions and status has been recognised everytime
Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Pullman London St Pancras

- Name of the hotel: Pullman London St Pancras

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? booked Classic, received Deluxe

- How are the rooms? Very nice, very large, amazing view from top floor, great amenities

Good: the staff was amazing, very caring
breakfast was a real feast
Wifi was strong, fast and available everytime automatically just by clicking once at checkin
the location was awesome, steps away from St Pancras/King's Cross and Euston stations

Bad: nothing

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Amazing value, amazing hotel, amazing service, this will definitely my address for upcoming trips to London

probably one of my best stays with Accor in Europe
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Sofitel So Bangkok

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Absolutely. Still remains my favourite hotel

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked So Cosy (cheapest) and first night upgraded to So Comfy Park view Water Element on 26th floor. Second and third night upgraded to So Lofty Suite (second best room) Water Element on 27th floor because of status!!!

- How are the rooms? I absolutely love this hotel and the rooms. I much prefer the chic nature of this hotel, rather than the normal Sofitel style hotels. I don't feel that the hotel is dating as others do - I just love it. I've stayed in all 4 elements now and love the Water (more black) and Earth (blue) elements.

Good:
I just love this hotel. The welcome from "So Paul" is sensational and he goes above and beyond in his desire to make you feel welcome and special. Red Oven has great food. Afternoon tea and evening cocktails in the lounge are great - better than the Sofitel Sukhumvit. Especially love the Thai Coconut Daquarie - just amazing. Gym, pool and spa is sensational. Overall I just love the hotel.

Bad: my only comment is that there seems to have been a fair amount of staff turnover since it first opened and the new staff could smile a bit more. I certainly felt more welcome by the staff where were here at first but almost all have moved on now.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. I really like the lounge - evening cocktails are great and plenty of variety (again better than the Sukhumvit). I've always done breakfast in Red Oven rather than the lounge but I find the lounge relaxing and secluded.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Will definitely return. For the value for money, you can't go past it. I've stayed in a lot of the other Accor properties in BKK and will always go back here.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Le Club Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PabloM

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. I really like the lounge - evening cocktails are great and plenty of variety (again better than the Sukhumvit). I've always done breakfast in Red Oven rather than the lounge but I find the lounge relaxing and secluded.
Do you have to pay for the breakfast in Red Oven or do you have the choise to take breakfast in the Lounge or in Red Oven ?

And please is it difficult to get a meter taxi to Suvarnabhumi Airport at 06 pm

I am still not sure to stay at Sofitel Suk or at Sofitel SO.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Gurkenschneider
Do you have to pay for the breakfast in Red Oven or do you have the choise to take breakfast in the Lounge or in Red Oven ?
No, its up to you where you have breakfast, they won't charge you
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by Gurkenschneider

And please is it difficult to get a meter taxi to Suvarnabhumi Airport at 06 pm

I am still not sure to stay at Sofitel Suk or at Sofitel SO.
No charge for breakfast in Red Oven if you have lounge access.

And I Don't think you would have trouble getting a meter taxi at 6pm although whether you stay at either hotel, traffic could be bad at that time. There's an MRT straight across the road that will connect you with the airport link if it's easier and traffic is bad.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Name of the hotel: Pullman London St Pancras

What is your Le Club status? Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a classic with king-size bed. I was upgraded to a deluxe room with king-size bed.

How are the rooms? Very pleasant. I'd stayed in a classic last year, which has bright orange featuring. The deluxe room has bright blue accents, which was more to my taste (although I think they will date quickly). The room is a very good size with plenty of space and an excellent rainfall shower.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Staff were very friendly and welcoming. I'd stayed last year and had an issue getting my (then) silver status recognised but there was no such problem this time - the upgrade had been given before I asked about it and I was given a drink's voucher and told that the VIP gift was two bois d'orange products in the bathroom (a perfume spray and perfumed soap, which are very nice). The room was comfortable with a good view of the British Library forecourt. The sound proofing was good as I never heard road noise. The room came with a Nespresso machine with a choice of espresso or decaf pods.

Bad: The rooms don't have baths so if you like a long soak before you go to bed, you're out of luck. That is clear in the room descriptions but it's worth bearing in mind.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes I would if the price was right. I think this is one of those hotels where I'd want to book 30 days out to get the best price available.

1F
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Sofitel LGW

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel LGW

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Classic.upgraded to executive floor

- How are the rooms? Clean and comfortable if a little small

- What was good and what was bad? upgraded

Good: received full privileges

Bad: nothing

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Small but good

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good value already booked for May

Last edited by thejohn; Mar 18, 2014 at 9:41 am Reason: Surplus text
Old Mar 21, 2014, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Pullman Brussels Midi

Mixed review. I liked most everything except the check in and out which was terribly slow with a poor desk design.

Booked Classic, upgraded to Superior. And I was given the usual drink coupon.

- How are the rooms?
Nice and new and modern, but the designer of this hotel does not like desks, which can be a problem for business travelers. At the end of the couch, fitted into the couch, was a power outlet and Ethernet jack. At least the Ethernet jack worked well and gave decent quality Internet. The bathroom was quite nice and had good Roger & Gallet amenities.

Good:
Excellent service at the bar and restaurant.
Good price for the set dinner menu €26. Good quality too.
Decent free Internet, wired or wireless in the room.

Bad:

No desk in the room.

A small round front desk. Absolutely no privacy, plus you have to hear all the details of the person checking in next to you, because they are actually facing you! Why a round desk?

Extremely slow front desk.

I filled out the questionnaire that was emailed to me and listed the pros and cons. I quickly received an email from Emile Lannoy, General Manager that said that my experience was exceptional and that they are taking appropriate measures to correct the problem. Note that you can choose to check out virtually and just not show up at the desk and they will mail you the bill. But they don't slip a bill under your door in the morning like US hotels so you'd be trusting a lot to use this feature.

No lounge at this hotel

- Value for € or Vouchers? Would you return?
The price was quite good for the Brussels market and I would probably return, especially if I had a morning train from Midi. It is super convenient, attached to the train station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.