Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Hong Kong Citygate

Good: Upgrade and drinks vouchers offered proactively, voucher for complimentary breakfast given which was unexpected and very welcome, welcome gift for my 7 year old provided, reminded that lounge access was available due to status and that afternoon tea was still being served. Pool was great, made good use of it

Bad: nothing

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

Lounge was great, when leaving after having had afternoon tea they let me know about the cocktail hour and what time it was

Good Value, liked how convenient it was for the airport especially as we had an early flight home, oddly enough we'd been there the week before at CX's expense after missing a connecting flight. Would happily return
Hmmm, I am interested to find out more about this hotel.

What are the hours of the club lounge, and when is happy hour?

Also, how convenient is it to the airport? I.e. complimentary hotel shuttles that runs very regularly, including late night/early mornings? Or easy to catch a taxi from the hotel to the airport?

Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
Hmmm, I am interested to find out more about this hotel.

What are the hours of the club lounge, and when is happy hour?

Also, how convenient is it to the airport? I.e. complimentary hotel shuttles that runs very regularly, including late night/early mornings? Or easy to catch a taxi from the hotel to the airport?

Thanks!
We got to the hotel around 4 and afternoon tea was in full swing, Cocktail hour was at 6, i suspect they don't do breakfast as we recieved a breakfast voucher for Essence (their main restaurant) and that's also offered to anyone staying on the Executive Floor, also no idea if they stay open in the evening after Cocktail Hour

Complimentary shuttle runs every 15 mins from early morning to if i recall correctly 2345, we got the shuttle from the airport the first time we ended up there, only had to wait a moment, when we went the night before flying home we did train and taxi, but shuttle to the airport was prompt early on Monday morning
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
We got to the hotel around 4 and afternoon tea was in full swing, Cocktail hour was at 6, i suspect they don't do breakfast as we recieved a breakfast voucher for Essence (their main restaurant) and that's also offered to anyone staying on the Executive Floor, also no idea if they stay open in the evening after Cocktail Hour

Complimentary shuttle runs every 15 mins from early morning to if i recall correctly 2345, we got the shuttle from the airport the first time we ended up there, only had to wait a moment, when we went the night before flying home we did train and taxi, but shuttle to the airport was prompt early on Monday morning
Sounds good!
What do they serve during afternoon tea & evening cocktail?

At least can determine if it is better to leave for airport lounges earlier or have food & drinks at this hotel.

Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2014, 7:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
Sounds good!
What do they serve during afternoon tea & evening cocktail?

At least can determine if it is better to leave for airport lounges earlier or have food & drinks at this hotel.

Thanks!
Afternoon tea was cake, desserts, sandwiches and tea/coffee (no cold drinks), cocktail hour had a good selection of alcohol, mixers, juice and they had canapes and chicken skewers
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Luxury, upgraded to Junior Suite (although they only wanted to upgrade me to Luxury Club at first).

- How are the rooms? Modern, comfortable.

Good: Club Lounge - soft drinks including evian and perrier all day with nice snacks. Great breakfast.

Bad: Dead cockroach in room upon arrival - housekeeping needs to improve. Only ONE alcoholic welcome drink for Platinums, 2 soft drinks for Gold. They said a few people have complained that Platinums can only have 1 alcoholic drink although fortunately it seemed to include any drink, including champagne.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. Excellent lounge.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Didn't use vouchers but took advantage of a triple points promotion and also used Advantage Plus so splurged on half price lobster etc. Yes, I would return.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Novotel London Tower Bridge

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was okay but it didn't wow me.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Superior Room, upgraded to an Executive Room.

- How are the rooms? Good sized, clean and quiet.

Good:
There's a great walk-in rainfall shower (note rooms either have a walk in shower or a bath), the room is a good size and I had a room overlooking a quiet side street so there was very little noise. The staff were very friendly and I was immediately given a drink's voucher for the bar when I checked in (although note that if you want a mixer drink then there's a restricted choice of spirits).

Bad: There wasn't anything bad so much as a number of small irritations:

1. I'd booked a superior room but when I checked in, asked if there was any chance of an upgrade. I got told 3 times that I'd already been upgraded to a superior room and the receptionist only believed me when I showed a print-out of my reservation. That wasn't great but there was a very quick make-up for it with an immediate upgrade to an executive room.

2. The executive room is supposed to have complementary water but it's stored in a mini-bar that lists it as costing money so if you don't know, you might not take it.

3. The nespresso machine in the room only had 2 pods with it (one of which is decaf) even though there were 6 slots for coffee. No idea if that was deliberate or an accident but it looked cheap.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? This was being paid for by work but the room bill was £211 for the night, which I thought was pricey even with the upgrade and I'm not sure I'd pay it for a Superior if travelling for myself.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Mercure Paris Cusset Opéra

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was fine.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Superior Room for 3 people and was told that was the largest room in the hotel.

- How are the rooms? Small, but newly renovated with a nice bathroom.

Good: Rooms have been renovated.
Was told we could each have a drink from the minibar, but the only alcohol in the minibar was a can of Heinie.
Great location for cafe's, bars and restaurants
Free WiFi for everyone, but premium WiFi is €9 even for Platinum members.

Bad:
The lobby is under renovation so they have a temporary desk set up in the hallway of the 1st floor.
The nearest metro is closed right now
The nearest parking lot is several blocks away at Place de la Bourse.

- Value for € or Vouchers?
Paris was extremely expensive this weekend everywhere, but this hotel had the most reasonable price for 3 people in the area I needed to be in.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
- Name of the hotel:

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

good stay, very good service, very happy

booked Deluxe Room (with points) got Executive Room at 25th floor

- How are the rooms?

spacious, good furniture, nice amenities, great bed

Good: sound proof room, great mattress, very friendly service, good breakfast, late check out at 2 pm was granted without any discussions

Bad: -

Original rate was 4.614 THB, used 4.000 points and finally just paid 1.046 THB. Imho a very good value. Will definately be back
Old Jun 20, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman

- Name of the hotel:
Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman

Gold

Very Happy

booked four rooms; 1 Deluxe and 3 Superior. Two of superior rooms were upgraded to Triple Rooms (which has the same size of Deluxe room).

- How are the rooms?
Spacious, classic but still well-maintained.

Good:
- Got early check-in at 12. (normal check-in time 15.00)
- Welcome drinks (only allowed for drinks under 18,000 Won) for 2 rooms (4 persons)
- Free Shuttle to Myeongdong. If you managed to know the hotel shuttle schedule, you could also save more money to catch the return trip to hotel.
- The points posted on the same day (only for two rooms)
- Great locations; near to anywhere in old Seoul.

Bad:
- The receptions seem to be quite persistent to provide upgrades.
- The Deluxe room already got breakfast for 2 persons (for free), however the upgraded rooms (from superior to deluxe) didn't get breakfast for free. It's okay for me. However, they charged the breakfast for the original booking for Deluxe room which supposed to have free breakfast. It was resolved later after I complained with the bills. Just imagine if I didn't take a look on the bills, probably I would have been charged.

The price quite steep but surely would be my options if I come back to Seoul.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Ibis Ambassador Busan

- Name of the hotel:
Ibis Ambassador Busan, South Korea.

Gold

Happy

Before I booked the rooms, I phoned the hotel and asked the room upgrade benefits for Le Club Gold member since they have Junior Suite - something that is rarely to be seen in Ibis. However, they told me that they only have 7 Jr Suite rooms so they couldn't provide free upgrade for Gold/Platinum members. Therefore I booked their Junior Suite and got the same.

- How are the rooms?
The Junior Suite is spacious. Got the living rooms as well.

Good:
- Got early check-in at 11 am.
- Welcome drinks (eventhough only for coffee, tea, and canned juices.)
- The hotel location near to Metro Station
- Beautiful view on the lobby; overlooking to the other buildings on the area. The Lobby is on the 17th floor.
- Points posted within the same check-out day.

Bad:
- The dining discount for Adv + member is only 10% (maximum). There's no 50% discount for two persons dining; 33% for 3 person; etc.
- No toothbrush at all

Sure.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Mecure Bowden Hall

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Bowden Hall

- What is your Le Club status? plat

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? yes due to staff

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Classic/Classic got drink voucher on arrival

- How are the rooms? more than a little worn

Good: Staff

Bad: The hotel externally is run down with flaking paintwork dirty windows and room worn

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return Okay value, don't think we will return
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Taoyuan Taipei

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, it's a nice modern hotel just minutes from the airport.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard King room, upgraded to executive level King room including drink coupons that we didn't use.

- How are the rooms? Room was on the small side, but for one night and less than 9 hours in the hotel, it served its purpose. The bathroom is very nice and quite large. There is free wifi throughout the hotel.

Staff were very nice and the breakfast spread was adequate although with the lack of service, it's more like a cafeteria. You have to get your own drinks including coffee.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes, had lounge access but didn't use it because of the few hours at the hotel.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good value if you can get a rate for less than $150/night. I wouldn't pay more than that.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 4:20 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
- Name of the hotel:
Ibis Koeln am Dom, Germany.

Platinum

yes.

Travelling last minute so booked late, booked three rooms, all standard rooms with twin beds (not enough double bed rooms left) and used the weekend package to include wifi and breakfast. No upgrades, however, not sure if they had any other room types!

- How are the rooms?
clean, comfortable but on the small side. I wouldn't want to spend a week here but for a couple of days it was okay. The bathroom was quite small with barely room to open the shower over the loo.

Good:

-clean room with laminate floors (no carpets)
-only three floors so easy to use stairs as elevator was rather slow and small
-stairway is open area at front of hotel with windows so pleasant to use
-breakfast was reasonable and plenty of space
-wifi speeds seemed okay
-received one drink voucher as platinum
-excellent location for the cathedral and inner city
-excellent rates for last minute and high season
-excellent for pax using rail services

Bad:

-had a problem with shower in original room, very little pressure. Asked to change rooms and was sorted in 10 minutes. ^
-a bit noisy for rooms facing the main area in front of the train station. Each evening you would hear somebody yelling or making noise late in the evening. Windows need to stay closed.

Yes, however, not as my first choice in Cologne if I had more time to find a deal at a better hotel. Excellent value for last minute stay though and very clean.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
- Name of the hotel: Mercure Troyes Centre (France)

- Were you happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, although Platinum status recognition was not spontaneous

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? booked a standard room, was upgraded to a Privilege room ... but had to ask for it.

- How are the rooms? Great

Good: excellent room

Bad: had to beg for platinum status recognition

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Not available

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good valueValue. The Mercure remains my favorite hotel in Troyes. Yes, I certainly will return.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
- Name of the hotel: La Residence Hue, Vietnam

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, it's a gorgeous old colonial property right by the river.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard queen room, upgraded to a top floor deluxe King river view room including free drink coupon and a gift, which was a nice notepad/journal thing.

- How are the rooms? The deluxe rooms are in a separate building from the regular rooms. Deluxe rooms have a separate sitting area and the top floor rooms have a really large balcony and patio.

All of the employees were amazing and friendly. The hotel was fairly empty and we were the only people in most areas most of the time. I think it was the low-season.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? n/a

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Booked the private sale, which brought down the price to about $90/night without breakfast. Totally worth it. This hotel is so luxurious, I would gladly pay much more per night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.