Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Brentford

Platinum

Yes

Booked Superior Premium Room and got that

- How are the rooms?
They are ok, however the wall to the shower is clear glass so can see straight through, there is no separate door to the toilet so no privacy although there is a door to the bathroom

Good: Did get a drinks voucher although had to ask, really enjoyed the breakfast, good selection of cheese and salami

Bad: They are a fairly new hotel and check-in took 10 minutes as the person checking us in didn't really seem to know what she was doing, she also wasn't aware of any benefits of Le Club, thankfully her colleague who'd come to help her did. The internet also refused to load despite apparently having a good signal

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? n/a

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Am returning later this week, it's fairly convenient for New Wimbledon Theatre
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:42 am

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Executive historical wing. Offered upgrade Club Lounge floor - declined

- How are the rooms? Historical rooms, very nice, given one of the better ones supposedly. The Opera Wing (new one) seems more chaotic and more stressful than the Historical Wing. Smaller lobby area, etc....

Good: Best hotel in Hanoi, good service, friendly staff. All the benefits of platinum given

Bad: Too many rooms for the hotel for the amount of public space. Enough bars etc... but pool area continuously crowded, people turned away from sun loungers, pool too small. If you elect not to have a room in the Opera Wing, you need staff from reception to let you up to the club floor as the cards are not compatible with the historical wing

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. Very busy at times, good selection of drinks (i.e. their wines were some of the top wines they were offering for sale in the bar area.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? If to Vietnam, yes, by virtue of it being the best hotel. We booked the third highest available category and only paid ca. €200 per night - they could easily charge more it would appear and have slightly calmer atmosphere. Very touristy...
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:47 am

- Name of the hotel: MGallery Hue

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? River view executive room. Offered suite upgrade, declined as it faces the road. Appears only one suite face the hotel complex, everything else on to the road. Chose river view as more quiet

- How are the rooms? Well-appointed. Shower awful (pressure + small shower heads)

Good: Excellent staff, all benefits of platinum given (drinks of choice). Best hotel in Hue by a stretch. We booked airport pick-up (crap Toyota), had also asked for a car two days later to drive us to My Son and Hoi An. When we asked if they had a better car (for extra pay), we were given a Mercedes E-Series for no extra charge.

Bad: None for the hotel type and category

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, would stay again if in Hue. Recommended.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel and Spa

Platinum

Yes

Booked Family Room and got just that

- How are the rooms? It was really good, amazing amount of space!!

Good: Drinks voucher given, swimming pool was nice, got a additonal 2 hour late checkout

Bad: No upgrade but suspect that was more to do with the room type booked, also no welcome gift

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? n/a

Price was great at £70, would return
Old Aug 15, 2014, 6:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by Kromas
Name of the hotel: Pullman Dubai Deira City Centre

Yes. Lounge was quiete and nice. However for breakfast I would suggest you go to the normal restaurant as the selection there is much better
Hi Kromas, can you advise more details on the lounge? Did they have evening cocktails and canapés? Anything else? Are kids allowed in?

Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by nicolas75
It seems very shocking that Platinum members have no room guarantee at Accor!

A new program by Accor: "enjoy how our competitors do better than us?"
haha indeed.

still no reply to my complaint email sent on the 31st July!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:42 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Bristol Brigstow

Platinum

Eventually

Booked superior room and was upgraded to privilige room

- How are the rooms?
Room was pretty good

Good: Once status was finally confirmed was upgraded to privilige room which gave free soft drinks, nespresso machine and newspaper, plus a drinks voucher for two drinks. Had breakfast included in the rate and was very impressed with the selection of hot items and also cheese

Bad: For some odd reason my status was showing as Silver on their booking system, I found this out when asking about drinks voucher and possible upgrade, when they then put my membership number in they could see I'm Platinum but had issues transferring this onto their system to the point where I had to log on to my own account and prove to them that I am indeed Platinum, after this was confirmed they couldn't have been nicer but all took it's time. This was the 4th time in a week I'd stayed in an Accor Hotel and none of them had any problems with seeing my Plat status so no idea what happened here

n/a

I booked this in the sale but would probably return
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
haha indeed.

still no reply to my complaint email sent on the 31st July!
I tend to tweet or post on their facebook pafe, i've found that gets a quicker response than email
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
I tend to tweet or post on their facebook pafe, i've found that gets a quicker response than email
great idea thanks! I tweeted to them just now
Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Novotel London Excel

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a superior but upgraded to an executive on my second night.

- How are the rooms? The hotel is undergoing refurbishment and I think the superior room was waiting to be redone. It was a decent size but the bathroom was very pokey (although it did have a small bath and shower, whereas the executive rooms only have a walk in shower). The executive room is about the same size but the layout is less crowded and it comes with a Nespresso machine, free robe and slipper, free water and better power point locations.

Good:
Staff were very friendly and helpful. One of the neighbouring rooms was playing music very loudly early in the morning and when they refused to answer the door when I knocked, I reported it to reception who promptly got them to stop. Location is excellent for those who need the Excel centre (5 minutes walk from the entrance) and handy for the DLR. Staff were also good about accommodating the upgrade despite the fact that they were full (which I appreciated).

Bad: The breakfast buffet wasn't great (quality was only so so) and although the hotel was full, it took staff a long time to restock items when they ran out. I didn't get a free drinks voucher (something I only realised on my second night).

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? It was fairly good value for money and if I was attending a conference, I'd definitely book it again.

1F
Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:48 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
- Name of the hotel: Novotel London Excel

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a superior but upgraded to an executive on my second night.

- How are the rooms? The hotel is undergoing refurbishment and I think the superior room was waiting to be redone. It was a decent size but the bathroom was very pokey (although it did have a small bath and shower, whereas the executive rooms only have a walk in shower). The executive room is about the same size but the layout is less crowded and it comes with a Nespresso machine, free robe and slipper, free water and better power point locations.

Good:
Staff were very friendly and helpful. One of the neighbouring rooms was playing music very loudly early in the morning and when they refused to answer the door when I knocked, I reported it to reception who promptly got them to stop. Location is excellent for those who need the Excel centre (5 minutes walk from the entrance) and handy for the DLR. Staff were also good about accommodating the upgrade despite the fact that they were full (which I appreciated).

Bad: The breakfast buffet wasn't great (quality was only so so) and although the hotel was full, it took staff a long time to restock items when they ran out. I didn't get a free drinks voucher (something I only realised on my second night).

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? It was fairly good value for money and if I was attending a conference, I'd definitely book it again.

1F
I've stayed with them a number of times and never recieved a drinks voucher, nowadays I normally stay at the Ibis where I've found the reception much warmer
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:23 am

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Auckland, New Zealand

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard Room upgraded to club floor with club access.

- How are the rooms? Very nice, better than Sofitel Auckland.

Good: Club Access, Suite Upgrade.

Bad: Nothing bad to say.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. Good selection of wines and beers and really good food.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Returning soon.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: KrisFlyer
Mercure Paris Terminus Nord

Had 2 stays recently. Got upgraded for the first one of 3 nights. Didn't get an upgrade two weeks later for the second stay of 5 nights.

Name of the hotel: Mercure Paris Terminus Nord

What is your Le Club status? Silver

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?: Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard, upgraded to Privilege Room.

How are the rooms? The room was very spacious with street view of the beautiful Gare du Nord. A bit tired and needs revamp. The sofa in the room was flat in the center and hard.

What was good and what was bad?

Good: Location of the hotel is literally 4 steps from the Metro and Gare du Nord station. Free non-alcoholic mini bar. Friendly and helpful staff. A parcel arrived for me before my stay which I was given at check-in without asking for it. Fantastic breakfast buffet.

Bad: Double bed was made out of 2 singles and it was easy to slip in the middle.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, good value for the rate I booked. Would definitely return.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
Name of Hotel: Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam

Booked luxury room and received that. Offered junior suite upgrade (after asking) but declined as was only available for one of the three nights we were staying

- How are the rooms? Generally good, with a few areas for improvement. Desk was badly scratched and shower floor tiles were badly stained with scale.

Good: Platinum status acknowledged. Drinks voucher offered upon check-in (valid for anything); 4pm late check-out request honoured when requested; Two little gifts provided each of the three days we stayed (typically chocolates / local sweet products).

Travel cot already set up with gifts (baby toiletries and teddy bear) for our 5 month old son. We used a ledge in the bathroom as a makeshift changing table for our son and the next day the towels we were using were replaced with a proper changing mat by housekeeping. That was a nice touch.

Nice pool.

Bad: Bridges restaurant for breakfast - service a bit wayward. Cutlery removed and not replaced when hot breakfast served. Two salt mills given instead of salt & pepper. Hot breakfast order incorrect when delivered - and this was three different members of staff.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/a

Would definitely return
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
great idea thanks! I tweeted to them just now
Me ‏@pmarrsouth Aug 16

@Accorhotels any chance of a reply to my email sent on 31st July wrt not having a room upon checkin - plat member CAS-357266-R5V1N9 ?

Accorhotels.com ‏@Accorhotels Aug 16

@pmarrsouth Hi Peter, we sincerely apologize for the delay. Could you please check your DMs? Thank you.

Me ‏@pmarrsouth Aug 21

@Accorhotels Any updates on my complaint from July? Over 3 business days since Saturday when you said its been sent to relevant dept

Accorhotels.com ‏@Accorhotels Aug 22

@pmarrsouth Hi Peter, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. Could you please check your DMs? Thank you.

Me @pmarrsouth · 1h

@Accorhotels over 7.5 business days since my initial tweet about not receiving a reply to a complaint email sent on 31st July

----

DMs just say that its been passed to the relevant department and says my patience is highly appreciated

Still no email response

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.