FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread
Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:19 pm
1nfrequent

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Novotel London Excel

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a superior but upgraded to an executive on my second night.

- How are the rooms? The hotel is undergoing refurbishment and I think the superior room was waiting to be redone. It was a decent size but the bathroom was very pokey (although it did have a small bath and shower, whereas the executive rooms only have a walk in shower). The executive room is about the same size but the layout is less crowded and it comes with a Nespresso machine, free robe and slipper, free water and better power point locations.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Staff were very friendly and helpful. One of the neighbouring rooms was playing music very loudly early in the morning and when they refused to answer the door when I knocked, I reported it to reception who promptly got them to stop. Location is excellent for those who need the Excel centre (5 minutes walk from the entrance) and handy for the DLR. Staff were also good about accommodating the upgrade despite the fact that they were full (which I appreciated).

Bad: The breakfast buffet wasn't great (quality was only so so) and although the hotel was full, it took staff a long time to restock items when they ran out. I didn't get a free drinks voucher (something I only realised on my second night).

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? It was fairly good value for money and if I was attending a conference, I'd definitely book it again.

1F