FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:47 am
shull22

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, LeClubAccor Gold, Enrich
- Hotel name
Ibis Seoul Myeongdong. Stayed for 2 period (2D1N then 6D5N)

- What is your Le Club status?
Silver (qualified for Gold halfway into the stay)

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Standard room, no upgrades due to the still Silver (then) status.

- How are the rooms?
Small room consisted of a king bed, a small table, a 20" LCD TV(with adult paid on-demand movies) and a small wardrobe with in-room safe. After opening 2 luggages (27" size), there are not much walking room left.

Rooms are clean and even though we hung up the towels nicely, we still find a fresh new set of towels everyday. The same is with the bed linens, even though we leave the card telling housekeeping that we don't need the linens changed, they still change a new one for me. One sour point is, on the last day when we were checking all the drawers to be sure we don't leave anything behind, there's an open pack of condom (but unused) in one of the drawers.

Bathroom has no amenities, even the shampoo/soap combination are those kind which are hung on the shower wall and only refilled when it's empty.
Good thing is the toilet seat has those seat warmer and automatic washing system (so loved by the Japanese).

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Excellent location in the heart of Seoul. Many food options nearby and subway station is less than 5 mins walk.
Service was excellent though rather inconsistent, welcome drinks are served upon my 1st period of stay, but not the 2nd.
Self-service laundry facilities are available in the hotel. Cost USD 2.50 for wash and dry (detergent included).
My requests for high floor room with a proper city view are accommodated even with the hotel fully booked.

Bad:
Check-in lobby on the top floor, meaning we have to lug our luggages to the top floor before going down to our rooms.
Rooms are small.
Not value for money, especially since there are almost zero room amenities.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No lounge available for Ibis

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
First time staying in ibis, which i understand is slightly above the "budget" category. But this is less than i expected for an international chain. For the money paid, there are better options nearby.