Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I posted back in June after visiting PHL and they said they expected the new food in the "Fall" so any day now I guess.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I posted back in June after visiting PHL and they said they expected the new food in the "Fall" so any day now I guess.
They didn't state which year though.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:32 pm

top shelf liquor

Now that Delta brought top shelf back to it's skyclubs, how soon do you think before we will see United follow suite? Back in the days, whatever DL did, UA followed.......
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:59 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Ya know, United is starting to grow on me. I'm stuck in EWR for 3 hours until 1am (not really UA's fault -- weather borked everything), and dropped into the C120 club expecting relatively little.

Instead, I got corn chowder, bread, kale salad, bean salad, some slices of squash and tomato, and an espresso with my chocolate-covered graham crackers. Was it gourmet? No, but it was free, and it made a genuinely decent dinner.

I'm sure I'll get sick of the same spread soon enough, but these are some serious improvements from my perspective. The soup is genuinely tasty (in contrast to the tomato veg stuff), I can fill up on the salad and feel virtuous, and there's edible bread to dip in the soup. It's not an LH Senator lounge, but I actually think the UC is getting within spitting distance of a MLL (except for booze).

Kudos to UA.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Thanks for the update - I was wondering if PHL had gotten the new menu yet. Last passed through two weeks ago and will be there again on October 22nd - I'll report of any changes.
One good thing about PHL is that they usually serve apple cider this time of year.
I was at PHL last week, nothing new.. But the Pepper Jack Cheese Blocks are still a personal favorite. I mentioned that they are (and no one said to the contrary that they are soon to be leaving). Lots of weather that day (low ceilings) the agents were very proactive to route me through IAD back to LAX. I haad my dinner at the LH Senator Lounge (Think Tattinger La Frances and Brisket).. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Oct 10, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
One good thing about PHL is that they usually serve apple cider this time of year.
All IAD clubs switched from lemonade & iced tea to apple cider a couple of weeks ago. Presumably a system-wide seasonal change...
Old Oct 10, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Finally had the oatmeal at BOS this morning, and it was fantastic. Here's hoping they don't switch over to congee as they have elsewhere.

(Now if only UA could get the delay situation under control. An hour and counting for UA 1961....)
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Finally had the oatmeal at BOS this morning, and it was fantastic. Here's hoping they don't switch over to congee as they have elsewhere.

(Now if only UA could get the delay situation under control. An hour and counting for UA 1961....)
What time were you there? I was at the BOS UC around 05:00 this morning and there wasn't any oatmeal. Just muffins, yogurt, fruit, and cereal.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
What time were you there? I was at the BOS UC around 05:00 this morning and there wasn't any oatmeal. Just muffins, yogurt, fruit, and cereal.
According to the food service team, they only put out the oatmeal between 6am and 8am. I don't understand it either.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
According to the food service team, they only put out the oatmeal between 6am and 8am. I don't understand it either.
Same at ORD a few weeks back. I'm not sure of the time but at 4:30 when C17 Opened it was not ready (closer to 5:30 I recall) They seem to have a set up routine that happens once the Club opens..
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Not strong showing currently in the IAH B gate united club, no soup, no plates and no Astros game on the TV to the locals dismay, at least they finally filled the bar snack container
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
At the ORD high gate B club.

Smoked Gouda cheese cubes. The roll I had crumbled apart it was so dry and stale. Some kind of lettuce salad that looked decent, but completely dry. The only thing to dress it with is hot sauce. Some kind of corn salad that doesn't look very appetizing and corn chowder.

At least the hummus was good. The spread seemed a lot better when this first rolled out. Or did I just catch it on a bad day?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Alaska Gold
Originally Posted by JBord
At the ORD high gate B club.

Smoked Gouda cheese cubes. The roll I had crumbled apart it was so dry and stale. Some kind of lettuce salad that looked decent, but completely dry. The only thing to dress it with is hot sauce. Some kind of corn salad that doesn't look very appetizing and corn chowder.

At least the hummus was good. The spread seemed a lot better when this first rolled out. Or did I just catch it on a bad day?
Just left the low B club and the spread was looking about the same. Not particularly appetizing.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kseaflyr
Just left the low B club and the spread was looking about the same. Not particularly appetizing.
Yes, seems some small changes in place. No brownie wafer/crumbs but chocolate covered graham squares. Cheese was dry and no Skittles.

This was the low B club as well. I visited F's club earlier today and was impressed with the facility. Not the hole I remembered from my last visit.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
While I'm thinking about it....

What's the deal with no Coke Zero in the ORD UCs? Other clubs have given me a can but the answer is always "Diet Coke?" Not the same......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.