Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
All my missing credits from several *A carriers have been posted in the past couple of weeks. One took more than 11 months.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 6:18 pm

I emailed MP and got this reply (miles haven't yet posted, btw).

Please allow 15 days from travel for your flights to post.
Originally Posted by PHXonUA
I have a UA mainline flight on 12/21 that has not posted.

I find it interesting that the timeframe for posting is now 72 hours, wasn't the goal originally stated to be 48 hours for UA flights?
Originally Posted by malgudi
Anybody else seeing delays in posting since Friday (12/21)? Have a UA and LH flight that haven't posted yet
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:34 am

I went through the web form to request the miles from my ORD-IST flight on TK. The IST-ORD flight posted already. Denied.

Emailed MP customer service. Asked for more info. I sent the Receipt/Itinerary from TK, online check-in BP, and the new BP we were issued at the TK counter at ORD. Rejected.

Thank you for contacting MileagePlus Service Center again.
Your request for flight credit was rejected by the Star Alliance member carrier. It may take up to 15 days for this discrepancy to be corrected so that we can credit your MileagePlus account.
Thank you for your patience during this processing delay.
We're glad we could help. Don't hesitate to contact us again if there's anything else we can do.
What a pain. I'm not giving up just yet.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Did your fare class qualify? Check it on this page. All the Star Alliance carriers are listed.
http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...ePartners.aspx
Old Dec 29, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Any recent experience with US flights posting? I flew BOS-PHL on 12/24, credited to my UA account, but the miles haven't posted yet. My UA miles expire on 12/31; if my US miles post on 1/1 or 1/2 (for example), will they reinstate my miles since the flight date was 12/24?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Not 1K yet...Missing Mileage from SQ!

All,

I'll make 1K for 2013, but not quite yet! I did the SQ SIN-LAX in C which will get me above 100k for the year, but the mileage hasn't posted yet to MP. I waited the 15 days and submitted my missing mileage request online.

My question is, does anyone know how to check the status of this? I don't see anything on the UA website when I log in, other than that my status is still Plat. I'm kinda antsy since I am happy to hit 1K, but it's annoying that there's no credit for that last flight which puts me over the top.

Thanks!!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by goonercb21rf
My question is, does anyone know how to check the status of this? ....
before 1/1/13 you will be able to see your 2012 YTD numbers.
After the start of the new year, the posting will show in your detailed activity but with a 2012 date.

Additionally your elite status, now or next year will flip over to 1K once the miles post. And then in a few days, the GPU/RPUs will post.

So there is a number of ways you will be informed of a successful outcome. No overt notice is provided for an unsuccessful outcome.

There is no way to track / monitor a specific missing mileage request online, you will have to call for that.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:20 pm

Status is granted based on when your flights were scheduled to fly, not when the miles post, so as long as the miles post (at some point), you'll be fine...even if it posts in the new year.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
I don't think that there is a way to check online. All you can do is call the Mileage Plus service center and get an update on the request.
I am also waiting on some miles from Turkish Airlines to post from November and beginning of December that would have brought me past the 1K level.

I did some last minute flying on Christmas Day and technically I would have been 1K then but only Platinum status applied in regards to CPU and mileage bonus. I wonder if my Flight delay coming back would have been handled different if I would have had the new status.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by stefan76
I don't think that there is a way to check online. All you can do is call the Mileage Plus service center and get an update on the request.
I am also waiting on some miles from Turkish Airlines to post from November and beginning of December that would have brought me past the 1K level.

I did some last minute flying on Christmas Day and technically I would have been 1K then but only Platinum status applied in regards to CPU and mileage bonus. I wonder if my Flight delay coming back would have been handled different if I would have had the new status.
Wow that's a long time to wait! What did the MP service center tell you?

What's weird is that the miles from my outbound flight posted within a week but not the return. You'd think since they are part of the same itin the return would also post pretty quickly!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Manual Processing

Originally Posted by megalab
Just returned from a trans-Africa trip booked via SA. None of the legs (two on SA, two on MS) have credited... We'll see how long after my mileage request it will take to show up...
I submitted the missing miles request via the website but still nothing 2 wks later. Called 1K line to follow up. They found some of the request pending, but my submissions didn't seem to go through correctly, primarily because several of the flights were codeshares, plus oneleg I stood by for an earlier flight, thus not matching my itinerary.

The 1K agent cleared everything up and tried to get her supervisor to okay immediate credit (as happened with a missing LH segment earlier this year). No dice, it had to be put in the queue. Apparently, at some point the verification and posting of missing miles that didn't clear by the standard *A partner method is processed manually by a few clerks somewhere. Thus we just have to wait for our requests to get through the line. That could explain why some people seem to have to wait so long for requests to post.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Any recent experience with US flights posting? I flew BOS-PHL on 12/24, credited to my UA account, but the miles haven't posted yet. My UA miles expire on 12/31; if my US miles post on 1/1 or 1/2 (for example), will they reinstate my miles since the flight date was 12/24?
Just to follow up, the miles hit my UA account today with no further action on my part. So now another 18 months before I have to worry about this again.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:45 pm

Question Copa (CM): Posting time to MileagePlus

What's the average length of time it's been taking (post 3/3/12) for your miles earned on Copa (CM) to post to your MileagePlus account? I'm closing in on the magic 15-day cooling off period, and I'm simply curious if it's typical for the miles to post promptly (or not).

FWIW, my tix were all purchased directly on Copa's website, using my MileagePlus number. My MP number showed up on all 4x boarding passes, all flights were coded and operated by Copa itself, and there weren't any irregular operations that might have affected things.

P.S. if you'll indulge me for a moment in a totally off-topic rant: The time it took from disembarking the jet bridge at JFK (CM #804) to the start of the baggage carousel was >30 minutes, followed a minute or two later by kettle-bags showing up. The time it took for the *A gold priority-tagged bags to make an appearance on the carousel was an additional ~15 minutes. At ~11:25 p.m., the terminal at JFK was empty, without any lines at passport control, so the wait for checked-baggage was a little frustrating and inexplicable. Whew! Thanks, I feel much better now for getting that off my chest.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Unfortunately, more often than not, with COPA (at least during the last year or so), I have had to make a missing miles request on the UA website on all but my last trip in November. Strangely enough, it has been my experience that on tickets bought directly with COPA the wait time is longer than when going to UA to buy the ticket. But when the credit comes it has in my case always been correct. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I just cannot believe how bad the system is with posting United's own metal/flights into MP!

Forget about partner airlines - why can't they credit their own flights within days like earlier? Why does it have to wait at least a week or more?

This CO takeover of United is really the pits...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.