Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by megalab
I submitted the missing miles request via the website but still nothing 2 wks later. Called 1K line to follow up. They found some of the request pending, but my submissions didn't seem to go through correctly, primarily because several of the flights were codeshares, plus one leg I stood by for an earlier flight, thus not matching my itinerary.

The 1K agent cleared everything up and tried to get her supervisor to okay immediate credit (as happened with a missing LH segment earlier this year). No dice, it had to be put in the queue. Apparently, at some point the verification and posting of missing miles that didn't clear by the standard *A partner method is processed manually by a few clerks somewhere. Thus we just have to wait for our requests to get through the line. That could explain why some people seem to have to wait so long for requests to post.
The standby leg posted a few days after I called, and the reverse of that leg posted a few days after that, both SA flights purchased from SA. Still waiting on the four MS legs, all code shares from either SA or UA.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by golmaale
Has anyone else experienced delays in miles getting posted? I took flights on TG (1 Jan) & UA (2 Jan) - both in Business Class - but none of them have posted yet. Normally, the UA flights post within 24 hours.
I've taken about 6 TG flights mid-late dec & they consistently posted 5 days after the flight - both Thai domestic and international. UA flights tend to take 3-4 days to post.

In my latest example, Dec. 31 TG flight and Jan. 1 UA flights all posted the same time sometime between yesterday afternoon and evening. I'd guess you'll see these post tonight or tomorrow latest.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:16 pm

I have a trip on Turkish from early November that still has not posted (just hit the 2 months mark today). I have had multiple emails back and forth with MileagePlus CS and the last communciation this week they requested my boarding passes. Of course, as luck would have it, I can only find 6 of the 8 boarding passes (2 people, 4 legs). I am missing a boarding pass from leg 1 and leg 3.

It really frustrates me as it even says "UA MP XYZ123 *G" etc on the boarding pass, yet the miles didn't automatically post. I figured when I first emailed Mileage Plus, they could've figured it out. But to be 2months deep and just now they're requesting my boarding passes and receipt, from a fellow STAR ALLIANCE carrier, is absurd.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by golmaale
Has anyone else experienced delays in miles getting posted? I took flights on TG (1 Jan) & UA (2 Jan) - both in Business Class - but none of them have posted yet. Normally, the UA flights post within 24 hours.
My last flight of 2012, the one which requalified me for 1K, was 12/14 on UA metal -- I didn't see it post until the morning of 12/21. Prior to that, all flights in 2012 posted in 2 or 3 days.

The RPUs and GPUs posted one day later.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 2:29 am

When I called on 1/4 trying to get my TK G flights credited (followup after the initial missing miles credit and two resubmissions that were denied by TK) I was directed to the united.com/contactmp URL to write in a request yet again. Maybe I should call the service center yet again to escalate it to get manually processed.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: UA, HH
Had some problems with miles posting from Brussels flight... Took 3 calls and about 90 days, but I was not following the situation too closely - it was about 4,000 miles that did not affect status. As I understood Brussels were denying miles for K class, while on ua.com it was showing 100% credit.

When posted it took me to 55,554 miles for 2012 - I wish it would be 55,555
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A551 Safari/8536.25)

Nothing from 1/2 yet. Has anyone gotten anything credited past 1/1?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by demkr
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A551 Safari/8536.25)

In-laws just had some HKG flights from 1/2 credit, so it is possible...
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold

I'm still awaiting credit for EWR-ORD-YVR, flown on UA metal, Jan. 2.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
New Year’s Mileage Posting Delays?

We’ve seen the comments about posting problems with miles from recent year-end and new-year flying. I’ve noticed that my UA credit cards miles, from 2 credit cards, which both usually post on the 2nd of the month, have not posted. Anyone else with the same problem? Is this an annual event that I’ve forgotten about?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Missing mine too - but whereas with PMUA where they were always there the 2nd of the month, post-PSS conversion it can be anywhere from 4 to 7 days into the month. Technology downgrade you know...

I'm going to SMS Chase tomorrow if they haven't posted.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 6, 2013 at 11:55 am Reason: unnecessary
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I don't understand why this airline can't promptly post mileage credit.

The website says "within 48 hours" but even that's spotty.

Why can DL and AA post the flight the next day, and United, I'm waiting 4 days now --- is it impossible to get reliable posting of flights?

Over the course of the year, I was regularly getting flights posted within 2 days. Slower than the other airlines, but atleast it had remained consistent.

Now it seems recently that more and more people seem to be going over the 48 hour mark -- and now I'm up to 4 days after the flight and counting without a posting, the longest I've waited since the conversion.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't understand why this airline can't promptly post mileage credit.
"Technology regression" pretty much sums it up
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Missing mine too - but whereas with PMUA where they were always there the 2nd of the month, post-PSS conversion it can be anywhere from 4 to 7 days into the month. Technology downgrade you know...
Thanks neighbor. I reviewed my 2012 MP activity. Since March 2012 my credit card miles posted on the 2nd 9 times and the first once. One of the few aspects of miles last year that worked like clockwork!

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'm going to SMS Chase tomorrow if they haven't posted.
I bet you a UDU that you get the typical “technical difficulties” and “they'll post when they post” reply.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 6, 2013 at 11:55 am Reason: response to deleted quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:58 pm

Datapoint: Sometime today (Sunday 1/6 afternoon) all expected credit card miles posted with a posting date of 1/2/13.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.