Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
I did see that - would that work if my miles don't post by Thursday? Would the tickets just be re-released?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Can't say for sure that the inventory will be re-released. Depends on the route, Inventory Management, and if this flight is UA metal. I believe others on FT have reported being able to call in and extend holds on award tickets while they wait for miles to post.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by USFdonWill
Can't say for sure that the inventory will be re-released. Depends on the route, Inventory Management, and if this flight is UA metal. I believe others on FT have reported being able to call in and extend holds on award tickets while they wait for miles to post.
Route is IST-BOS, TK/LX are the carriers
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
Have you called them to expedite your mileage posting?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by donjo
Have you called them to expedite your mileage posting?
I thought we had to wait the 15 days...
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:18 pm

1) Have you tried increasing # of passengers on the search to see how many award seats there are available?

2) As a sidenote, all of my TK flights have required filling out the form online with the seat number etc; Its never posted automatically, and miles posted about 3 days after I submitted the online form.

3) I know when I did holds with TG Award inventory, the seats were re-released when I let the hold expire.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:52 am

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Missing TK miles (W class)

Missing miles from IST - OSL - IST. I expected problems as TK were not able to registered my UA card at checkin. They got a message saying something like wrong format for the UA number. Even 30 minutes at TK ticket office did not fix it.

I filed a missing miles claim with UA 2 weeks after the trip, and now it's been more than 2 weeks after I filed the claim, nothing happened. I need these 3000 miles to qualify for 1K for next year.
What should I do ?

This was booked on turkish own website and the booking class is W.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 3:19 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by nick5000
Missing miles from IST - OSL - IST. I expected problems as TK were not able to registered my UA card at checkin. They got a message saying something like wrong format for the UA number. Even 30 minutes at TK ticket office did not fix it.

I filed a missing miles claim with UA 2 weeks after the trip, and now it's been more than 2 weeks after I filed the claim, nothing happened. I need these 3000 miles to qualify for 1K for next year.
What should I do ?

This was booked on turkish own website and the booking class is W.
That happened to me, too. I booked the tickets at TK site and the fare is P.
For the outbound flights TK couldn't register my UA number, but somehow for inbound flights I got *G on my BPs. Now it's been one week since I completed the trip but no mileage hasn't been credited yet.
I need those miles to requalify for 1K, too.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 5:47 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
UA has updated their MP page. Near the statement activity area, it now states,"MileagePlus partner mileage credit will be posted to your account within six weeks of your transaction."

Six weeks! They are setting the bar so very low so that they can achieve it.

Are their technology, systems and processes so antiquated that this is all that can be done?

I also noticed that my UA December mileage is posted - but you can't see the detail for December anywhere. It would be nice if the detail were available and would add up to match the summary.......
Old Dec 4, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by 1liketofly
UA has updated their MP page. Near the statement activity area, it now states,"MileagePlus partner mileage credit will be posted to your account within six weeks of your transaction."

Six weeks! They are setting the bar so very low so that they can achieve it.

Are their technology, systems and processes so antiquated that this is all that can be done?
Of course not - any miles will post within a week or not at all. They merely hope that after six weeks, you'll have forgotten and/or lost your boarding pass.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
No such luck for me. I was booked in G which according to UA is 100% and TK has denied my request twice as per MP Customer Service.

Suggestions? Submit again?

Originally Posted by hellyea
1) Have you tried increasing # of passengers on the search to see how many award seats there are available?

2) As a sidenote, all of my TK flights have required filling out the form online with the seat number etc; Its never posted automatically, and miles posted about 3 days after I submitted the online form.

3) I know when I did holds with TG Award inventory, the seats were re-released when I let the hold expire.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by thegrailer
No such luck for me. I was booked in G which according to UA is 100% and TK has denied my request twice as per MP Customer Service.

Suggestions? Submit again?
Fax in the documentation to the MP Service Center. Copies of Itinerary, Ticket #, Boarding Pass, etc.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by hellyea
Fax in the documentation to the MP Service Center. Copies of Itinerary, Ticket #, Boarding Pass, etc.
And a copy of their own mileage earning tables - they seem to do whatever the operating carrier tells them without checking, unless challenged.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: Priority Pass, DL SM, UA G, VA GM, SPG GM, HHonors GM, Marriott PM
Will UA ever fix all the Mileage posting glitches?

The first few months I chalked it up to the merger when segments did not post, but the last 4 trips I have taken all required me contacting UA to get segments to post. One took a representative 3 tries to get it to post.

So this week my EWR-HKG segment posted with a K class when I was a B class fare, so had to have them manually remove the posting and put it back in B to get the 50% PQM's. Now the same trip has not posted my HKG-ORD segment, yet the SIN-HKG & ORD-DEN segments have posted and even my segments from this past monday's trip have posted and those were after the Singapore trip.

This is really becoming annoying having to contact UA constantly to get things to post. It just amazes me that an automated system can have so many glitches. Now if the HKG-ORD segment would have posted I would already be a 1K instead of still a Plat and most likely not clearing the upgrade list for my flights today. If I am having all these issues I assume that plenty of others are running into the same BS.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by vsop
It just amazes me that an automated system can have so many glitches.
It was built by CO, are you surprised?

Originally Posted by vsop
Now if the HKG-ORD segment would have posted I would already be a 1K instead of still a Plat and most likely not clearing the upgrade list for my flights today. If I am having all these issues I assume that plenty of others are running into the same BS.
Maybe you can convince an airport agent that you should be added to the 1K upgrade list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.