Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kainalu
Wouldn't that melt the butter though? I want spreadable butter, not liquid butter - unless they're serving me lobster =D.

I think the hand technique is best because your hand temperature is enough to soften the butter but not melt it completely.
Obviously, you don't leave the butter under there for 10 minutes! About 30 seconds is good, maybe 1 minute. I'm sure I can come up with an equation that describes how long is required if you really need me too.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:00 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Cold nuts.

But enough about the other passengers...
i'll just say nuts in general (or nutz, depending upon the situation ) as after all we're only talking about nuts

Originally Posted by magemarq
Having to warm up the butter in your hands because it is rock hard cold and unspreadable.
easy solution-cut your dinner roll in half and put the little piece of butter (still wrapped) inside the roll (i.e. make a sandwich) and in about a minute (or less), the butter is soft and spreadable
Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goalie

easy solution-cut your dinner roll in half and put the little piece of butter (still wrapped) inside the roll (i.e. make a sandwich) and in about a minute (or less), the butter is soft and spreadable
Do you actually want the outside of that wrapper of that butter touching your bread? Sorry, I like my solution easier.

Seems to me that perhaps we should have a companion to the 'warm nuts' thread titled 'cold butter'.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
I'll complain about the limes, as well. First, the slices are so incredibly small. Second, there is hardly any lime juice in them. They are either hard because they were kept so cold or just juiceless to begin with. It takes three or four to get the normal juice that could be had from one regular lime slice.

If this is the biggest of my worries though...
Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
In PS, why does that blanket come wrapped in plastic bag, but the pillow does not?

Seems to me like it should be the other way round...
Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
bad rolls
Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat
Ah but this solution cools the roll down. By the first law of thermodynamics. (Which I believe is what hobo13 was actually going for, as the second law has to do with increasing entropy. Forgive him, he's an electrical engineer. )

As for my ridiculous complaint? I hate it when the purser is in the process of making the "prepare for landing" announcement, and before s/he is even finished the other FA, beginning in first class of course, comes to scold you for still having your seat back reclined. Just give me 2 seconds, would ya?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:47 am

Some of the headrests in domestic F require too much force to push up.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Seats with bad window alignment.

Why must I lean so far forward or backward in order to see out of the window?

Last edited by 419er; Jun 4, 2010 at 9:51 am Reason: Speled something wrong.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by intrepid720
Ah but this solution cools the roll down. By the first law of thermodynamics. (Which I believe is what hobo13 was actually going for, as the second law has to do with increasing entropy. Forgive him, he's an electrical engineer. )
Second law works fine in this case, too. Heat is the transfer of energy from a warmer body to a colder body. The second law states that heat cannot be completely transferred into work. And, heating butter with a hot dish increases entropy of the system, as well, with increased kinetic energy of the butter molecules. The first law simply states that the U = q + w, that total internal energy equals heat plus work, and that the energy of the universe is conserved.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:53 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by hobo13
Originally Posted by magemarq
Having to warm up the butter in your hands because it is rock hard cold and unspreadable.
Do you actually want the outside of that wrapper of that butter touching your bread? Sorry, I like my solution easier.
no worries as preference is preference as i prefer not to have the butter in my hands but you could also unwrap the butter and then insert it into the bread or put the wrapped "butter slug" under your dinner plate for about 30 seconds (assuming of course, that you're receiving a hot meal )
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I miss the bag of pretzels they served a long time ago in Y
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I miss the bag of pretzels they served a long time ago in Y
Oh, I loved that stuff, wasn't it called Fiesta Snack mix or something like that? I miss that...
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Not getting a gold stock boarding pass.

I've never done it, even though I would rather have one.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
Sparkling wine instead of Champagne for pre-departure beverage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.