Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by reclusive46
If nexus processing quicker if you already have GE?
No.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by reclusive46
If nexus processing quicker if you already have GE?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:20 am

Hubby and I both applied Feb 23rd.

He is Canadian only and got an email on April 5th to make an interview appointment. He did so for the soonest time at YUL. May 16th.

I have not heard anything yet, I have dual UK and Canadian citizenship.

He says when he gets his he will drop me at the border as foot traffic and go through the Nexus line without me. Hahaha! Well at least I think he is joking.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
He says when he gets his he will drop me at the border as foot traffic and go through the Nexus line without me. Hahaha! Well at least I think he is joking.
I'm pretty sure that is EXPLICITLY mentioned as being against the rules.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm pretty sure that is EXPLICITLY mentioned as being against the rules.
It 100% is, that why I said he was joking. Because it is a joke.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:03 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by 18sas
I renewed my Global Entry application, and apparently it is a known bug or "feature" that if you do that, then you cannot renew NEXUS until it expires.
That is correct and it is the subject of the following thread:
It is also discussed in the Wikipost in The NEXUS Information Thread:
<snip>

NOTE: If you renew Global Entry alone whilst your NEXUS card is active, you will not be able to renew your NEXUS card until it expires. The option to do so disappears from your GOES pages.

Dear mxzblftspk,

Your NEXUS membership is not set to expire until July 11 2016.

As an approved NEXUS member, you added Global Entry for an additional $100. When you completed your Global Entry application, you received a Global Entry card. When you activated the Global Entry Card, your NEXUS Card was deactivated and the option to renew NEXUS was removed from your account.

If you wish to renew NEXUS, you will have to wait for your NEXUS membership to expire. Once it expires, you will have the option within your GOES online account to renew NEXUS. After you follow all of the steps to become a NEXUS member again, including the completion of an interview at a NEXUS Enrollment Center near the Canadian border, you will receive a new NEXUS card and will have Global Entry benefits at no additional cost.

When your Global Entry account expires 5 years after your application, do not renew it. Global Entry benefits are included with your NEXUS membership.

It is our goal to provide you the best information we have in response to your question. If you follow the information provided in our response, and still need assistance, please reply to this email and we will investigate how we may further assist you.

Thank you again for contacting the CBP INFO Center.

Sincerely,

CBP INFO Center
And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming, i.e., NEXUS application processing time.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by TWA884
That is correct and it is the subject of the following thread:

It is also discussed in the Wikipost in The NEXUS Information Thread:

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming, i.e., NEXUS application processing time.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Yes, thanks TWA884. Sadly I didn't read this until after I renewed Global Entry, and searched the forums to try and figure out how to renew NEXUS too.

I guess I'll know better next time.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:56 am

Post Nexus application processing time

Applied: Feb 28/March 5/March 12 2017
Conditional Approval: Still waiting
Interview:
Approved:
Card arrived:

Last edited by mosh513; Apr 10, 2017 at 7:56 am Reason: added year
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by spy118
Seems to be multiple times from what I experienced. It was still pending for me in the morning and updated a couple hours later. For other family members, it was updated first thing in the morning. Still I wouldn't check too many times as you won't gain much from that, may be at the start of the day then once at night.

Finally got a response today:

Applied(initial): Jan 22, 2017
Conditional Approval: April 10, 2017
Interview: April 11, 2017
Approved: N/A
Card arrived: N/A

Took 55 Business Days.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:17 am

Applied(initial): Jan 22, 2017
Conditional Approval: April 10, 2017
Interview: April 11, 2017 - Fort Erie.
Approved: April 11, 2017
Card arrived: N/A
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Wow - now showing 51 business days as of 3/31. I'm at 47 today.

Hoping this doesn't go on too much longer, I'd like to schedule an interview. Hoping to catch a last minute cancel when I'm in YYZ at the end of the month, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:48 pm

Thanks for the reply. As you'll read further on down the line, I didn't choose to wait until it expired.

There is a known bug in the process that once you renew your Global Entry, then you can't choose to renew NEXUS until it expires. It's completely stupid, but that's what it is.

I didn't know that beforehand. Why would I? I'll just know better for next time.
Just out of curiosity, why would you renew your Global Entry when your NEXUS was still valid? NEXUS provides you with GE privileges at half the price of GE.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:49 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I didn't know that beforehand. Why would I? I'll just know better for next time.
Slightly off topic, but there should not be a next time as there is no reason to renew your Global Entry. NEXUS includes all the benefits of Global Entry. The subject is extensively discussed in the thread that I linked in my earlier post.

P.S. 1KChinito types faster than me.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884

P.S. 1KChinito types faster than me.
I reacted sooner, that was all. 18sas's post was 23 minutes earlier.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
The simple answer is that I didn't know. I was a GE member long before I was NEXUS, so the fact that I got GE benefits from NEXUS was not apparent to me because I already had them.

But I know now thanks to FlyerTalk.

On a positive note, I do have my expired NEXUS card back now, so I can try it next time I cross the border.

Last edited by 18sas; Apr 11, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.