Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Milesbuilder
I am having issues with getting paid on thousands of dollars <snip>
In my case it's only about $30 in cashback, but still frustrating and irritating.

Four transactions back in March. I put in claims in April, still no resolution after more than six months. I send them a nudge every couple of months, and (as they warn) there are no replies to the nudges, but also no movement. I wonder what the record is for longest claim with no action?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:17 am

Hi Counsellor,

I am sorry to hear that you have delayed cash back with us. For your missing cash back claims, if you would like to leave a message on these asking for an update then we should see the claims team respond to you within a couple of days.

As for the delayed cash back which is already tracking, could I ask that you send a support ticket in to the customer service team? It'll allow us to take a further look into why this isn't payable yet.

I hope this helps,
Jack
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by TopCashbackUSA
Hi Counsellor,

I am sorry to hear that you have delayed cash back with us. For your missing cash back claims, if you would like to leave a message on these asking for an update then we should see the claims team respond to you within a couple of days.

<snip>

I hope this helps,
Jack
Thanks, Jack. I'm sending you a PM with details. I appreciate your interest and look forward to resolving these.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Counsellor
Thanks, Jack. I'm sending you a PM with details. I appreciate your interest and look forward to resolving these.
Following up on this, I'm happy (and chagrined) to report that the claims were in fact paid within 2 months, and for some reason I didn't realize the payment was for those claims and failed to update my records.

My apologies (and many thanks) to Jack and TCB!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: Most
Quick Reply to TopCashBackUSA from Hogdoc:

Quick Reply to TopCashBackUSA:

TopCashbackUSA,

It would take more than even a few hours to get everything together to submit a claim, to TopCashbackUSA, for all of the transactions that they have avoided paying and have cheated me out of. Frankly, TopCashbackUSA has wasted enough of my time.

Funny, how many others have complained that TopCashbackUSA screwed them also, here in this thread, and in countless other places online (try Googling it). 10 out of 10 separate transactions, in my case, and I got squat...no e-mails, no acknowledgements of any kind, and of course no cash. AND OF COURSE LET US NOT FORGET THAT TopCashbackUSA DOES NOT HAVE ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER. IN FACT NO PHONE NUMBERS EXIST FOR ANY DEPARTMENT OR CORPORATE ENTITY FOR TopCashbackUSA ON THE ENTIRE WEB!!!

Even funnier, is the fact that I've never had any problems with Ebates or any of your other competitors. IT SEEMS AS IF THE MAJORITY OF USER PROBLEMS INVOLVE TopCashbackUSA!

And please don't blame my lack of computer skills or lack of understanding of how the transactions may not have tracked due to having an adblocker installed. And yes, I always start the process in a fresh cookie-less browser session before each purchase process is started.

At this point, it is YOUR problem, and if you wish to really do something about it, feel free to e-mail or PM me with your NAME and PHONE NUMBER, or the PHONE NUMBER and NAME of a person who will actually take ownership of and remedy the situation.

Always remember, it is not the deal that is important, it is the people in the deal that are important!

Thanks,
Your unhappy customer,
Hogdoc

The original forum entries are below.
# 236: From: hogdoc
Angry Topcashback - forget it - life is too short
Have tried TCB for 3 purchases myself, a referral to my wife, and she tried 3 purchases and a special free k-cups ($12.50 rebate from TCB themselves) offer.

Of the 10 transactions, nothing was credited or paid. I saw merchant clicks, but purchases never tracked. I couldn't believe that I never even got the referral credit for my wife.

I read bad reviews, but this is beyond belief. Like I say, Life is too short, don't waste your time. Of course their rates are the highest and their deals sound the best...easy to do when you never pay off. Their customer service is so convoluted that it would take too long to even go through the motions to get resolution or satisfaction.
Hogdoc

#237 Response from TopCashBack:

TopCashbackUSA

Hi there!

@hogdoc, I can assure you that our customer service team are always happy to help and if you have any issues we'll try to resolve them as quickly as possible. Do you think these transactions may not have tracked due to having an adblocker installed? We often find this stops the transaction showing at all. It may also be worth trying to clear your cookies before a purchase. However, if this doesn't help then feel free to send a support ticket to us and we'll be happy to assist you further at improving your tracking.

I hope this helps and enjoy the rest of your week!

Thanks,
TopCashback Support
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:14 pm

Ebates or Fatwallet cashback comparison

Right now both ebates and fatwallet are giving 11% cashback on cruise reseravtion.

Can you tell me which site is better in terms of cashback reporting and quick money availability and service?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by hogdoc
Quick Reply to TopCashBackUSA:

TopCashbackUSA,

It would take more than even a few hours to get everything together to submit a claim, to TopCashbackUSA, for all of the transactions that they have avoided paying and have cheated me out of. Frankly, TopCashbackUSA has wasted enough of my time.

Funny, how many others have complained that TopCashbackUSA screwed them also, here in this thread, and in countless other places online (try Googling it). 10 out of 10 separate transactions, in my case, and I got squat...no e-mails, no acknowledgements of any kind, and of course no cash. AND OF COURSE LET US NOT FORGET THAT TopCashbackUSA DOES NOT HAVE ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER. IN FACT NO PHONE NUMBERS EXIST FOR ANY DEPARTMENT OR CORPORATE ENTITY FOR TopCashbackUSA ON THE ENTIRE WEB!!!

Even funnier, is the fact that I've never had any problems with Ebates or any of your other competitors. IT SEEMS AS IF THE MAJORITY OF USER PROBLEMS INVOLVE TopCashbackUSA!

And please don't blame my lack of computer skills or lack of understanding of how the transactions may not have tracked due to having an adblocker installed. And yes, I always start the process in a fresh cookie-less browser session before each purchase process is started.

At this point, it is YOUR problem, and if you wish to really do something about it, feel free to e-mail or PM me with your NAME and PHONE NUMBER, or the PHONE NUMBER and NAME of a person who will actually take ownership of and remedy the situation.

Always remember, it is not the deal that is important, it is the people in the deal that are important!

Thanks,
Your unhappy customer,
Hogdoc

The original forum entries are below.
# 236: From: hogdoc
Angry Topcashback - forget it - life is too short
Have tried TCB for 3 purchases myself, a referral to my wife, and she tried 3 purchases and a special free k-cups ($12.50 rebate from TCB themselves) offer.

Of the 10 transactions, nothing was credited or paid. I saw merchant clicks, but purchases never tracked. I couldn't believe that I never even got the referral credit for my wife.

I read bad reviews, but this is beyond belief. Like I say, Life is too short, don't waste your time. Of course their rates are the highest and their deals sound the best...easy to do when you never pay off. Their customer service is so convoluted that it would take too long to even go through the motions to get resolution or satisfaction.
Hogdoc

#237 Response from TopCashBack:

TopCashbackUSA

Hi there!

@hogdoc, I can assure you that our customer service team are always happy to help and if you have any issues we'll try to resolve them as quickly as possible. Do you think these transactions may not have tracked due to having an adblocker installed? We often find this stops the transaction showing at all. It may also be worth trying to clear your cookies before a purchase. However, if this doesn't help then feel free to send a support ticket to us and we'll be happy to assist you further at improving your tracking.

I hope this helps and enjoy the rest of your week!

Thanks,
TopCashback Support
I know how frustrating this must be for you, but I have no doubt that you will receive your cash back as long as you progress through their normal claims process. Over the years I've had perhaps 2% of transactions not post properly (amounting to perhaps 10 or so claims) and they've always taken care of the issue when I've made an official claim using their form. Sometimes it's taken a few months, but I've found them to be very responsive.

I do think it is impractical to expect phone contact since their margins are so slim and they're going to need the information on the claim forms anyway. It really shouldn't take you "hours" to compile the information. Sometimes the reasons for something failing to track is outside of yours or their control, but I don't see anything wrong with them just verifying via email that you didn't make some common browser related mistakes that can interfere with tracking. I found the email neither condescending or dismissive. Trust me: they want your claims to automatically track because it so much more work for them when they don't. Plus they run the risk of losing customers.

Give them a chance to rectify the situation. I have no doubt you will be pleasantly surprised.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
I do think it is impractical to expect phone contact since their margins are so slim and they're going to need the information on the claim forms anyway.
^^

Having managed support systems, I can agree that phone support is by FAR the most labor-intensive and inefficient methods of providing assistance. Something that takes 5 minutes by email can take 45 minutes by phone.

The only thing I'd say, though, is that I wish TCB's email response times were better. 2-3 days for a pre-purchase inquiry is too long (I had to make a purchase on blind faith that I was reading the T&C correctly and that cashback applied). The email support queues I've managed had sub-5-hour (and often in the less-than-one-hour range) response times. That's the type of support you need to provide via email.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Are others having this problem too? ... so far 3 transactions on TopCashBack and all three, after several weeks, were marked as "declined" with no further explanation. I've never had transactions declined like this on Ebates (same store, same type of purchase).
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Are others having this problem too? ... so far 3 transactions on TopCashBack and all three, after several weeks, were marked as "declined" with no further explanation. I've never had transactions declined like this on Ebates (same store, same type of purchase).
Decline doesn't necessarily mean 100% impossible to get--I had a HotelClub transaction that I booked and prepaid (nonrefundable, actually) 6 months in advance of the stay get declined, but once I completed the stay, I filed a claim and was paid the $30 or whatever it was for the stay. Try filing a claim.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Anybody had any luck with cardpool.com transactions that went $0 payable?

Sold $200 Marriott gift card x 5 to cardpool.com. I used incognito chrome so am fairly certain everything went as it's supposed to be.

First transaction clicked through and got $8 (4% cashback) on my topcashback dashboard. The other 4 transactions are still showing $0 payable. Topcashback doesn't allow missing cashback claims against cardpool.... Any suggestion?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by clockhand
Anybody had any luck with cardpool.com transactions that went $0 payable?

Sold $200 Marriott gift card x 5 to cardpool.com. I used incognito chrome so am fairly certain everything went as it's supposed to be.

First transaction clicked through and got $8 (4% cashback) on my topcashback dashboard. The other 4 transactions are still showing $0 payable. Topcashback doesn't allow missing cashback claims against cardpool.... Any suggestion?
Nothing less than a major debacle. TCB lurks here, please help those of us that do not understand how you can offer CB but then not provide support when it does not track?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Originally Posted by weezl
Nothing less than a major debacle. TCB lurks here, please help those of us that do not understand how you can offer CB but then not provide support when it does not track?

I managed to get a hold of TCB support folks via twitter and just cold-email their support email address.

Punchline is, they don't know why. They see the total order amount but cash back amount shows as $0 and since "the merchant doesn't allow TCB to follow up" there is nothing they can do...
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: M&M FTL, A3 Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I canīt order Amazon vouchers on TopcashbackUK since a few weeks, even tough all my purchase are made at resellers that are eglible for Amazon redemption. Anyone with the same problem?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I've been waiting for a payout on a Booking.com deal for $14 per booking made last year and the stay was in Nov. I've lodged a claim, nudged them once and sent anther message which is being ignored. I sent them the screenshots but they still say they are waiting for Booking.com to get back to them. How long does it take? I realize I am not the only one but surely some data-entry person should be able to punch in the booking ref, see it was paid and approve it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.