Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:26 am

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in my response.

I can see how this may make us look but I can assure you that whatever we receive from the merchant is the same as what reflects in your account. If this hasn't tracked to your account for you then this will mean we are not getting passed across any cashback for this and therefore we are unable to pay our members.

We do always aim to get your cashback to you and chase this as best we can but this isn't always possible. I've given Cardpool a look into and I can’t see any general issues with the tracking of cashback so there are still a lot of members who are still benefiting from the cashback. This is the main reason why we do not take a merchant off of our website when a few transactions don’t track.

We do have this shown in the terms and conditions for the merchant that we can’t accept these claims so it is made clear before anyone purchases through our website and we never put a guarantee on cashback until it’s shown as payable in your account for you.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this causes but I do hope this has helped to explain things a little clearer.

Thanks,
Jack
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Did anyone get their cashbacks to post for US Air share bonus transactions back in Oct /Nov last year?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I joined TCB about 1 1/2 years ago and never had a problem with my clicks tracking and paying. Then I had to open a claim for a Marriott stay months ago; so far no results. My January Marriott stay didn't post either, and none of my Cardpool orders this year have posted. I'm done with it.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:23 pm

I have two purchases back in December and it's been almost 3 months now and two nudges and my purchases still listed as "Waiting for Merchant".
Old Mar 20, 2014, 5:25 pm

I was once a full supporter of this business. However, dozens of my buys now are seriously late in payment or have not tract at all. What's going on?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I have the first cashback not tracked; we'll see how this goes. Even if I don't get the $2 on this one I have $850 so far and this is still much better than I would have ever gotten elsewhere.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by chauming
I was once a full supporter of this business. However, dozens of my buys now are seriously late in payment or have not tract at all. What's going on?
I'll admit to not paying super close attention to what tracks and doesn't, but a quick skim of my "Cashback by Date" seems to look pretty complete with a couple dozen Hotels.com and Hotelclub.com entries, most now in "Payable" status and a few remaining in "Pending" status and a couple of Hertz and Budget entries and one Hyatt entry in "Pending" status.

It's about time to cash my $78 out, which has all built up since only January 9th of this year. Seems to be working for me!
Old Mar 21, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I just received another $20 from referrals. Some of the easiest money I've gotten. In fact I've gotten a lot more from referrals than from purchases. Thanks topcashback!
Old Apr 7, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: vi, PuTTY, XFE
Originally Posted by MClab
I'm in the middle of a claim at the moment from November. Not a huge purchase but from a retailer I frequent a bit. I've used other sites in conjunction with this merchant in the past, but I tried TopCashBack for this one because the rate was higher as a test. In my mind, it's out of TopCashBack hands' now - if the merchant pays, I'll get the promised incentive. If not, I won't. It's not like that for all merchants at TopCashback. Most of my click-throughs have tracked and paid fine.
Just a quick update on this. Purchase made in November, did not track, etc. It was a small purchase as I said above but I was using it as a test since it's a merchant I frequent often.

Submitted a Missing Cashback Claim in the middle of December. I set a reminder on my rebate calendar to follow-up. Sent a Nudge and a message last week. Reply today from TopCashBack that the transaction was denied because “Customer applied a coupon”.

This the kind of merchant that has "coupon codes" for specific products right on their own site, for specific products. It wasn't like I was using a competing site's code or anything like that. Also, the Merchant Notes did not specify anything related to the use of coupon codes. The terms have since been updated, but I had a screenshot of the terms at the time of my click-through, so I replied with that.

TopCashBack offered me a goodwill credit of same value of the cashback amount I would have received. I wasn't aware they were doing that sort of thing, so it was a welcomed surprise. It may have been because it was a small amount or it may be a new policy. I have no idea, but I thought I'd at least report I haven't yet read anything about TopCashBack doing that.

TL;DR:

Make sure to record documentation during your click-through and subsequent purchase.

TopCashBack may offer goodwill credits on some purchases or not. YMMV.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
I just received another $20 from referrals. Some of the easiest money I've gotten. In fact I've gotten a lot more from referrals than from purchases. Thanks topcashback!
Is the money in your hand, or their account?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Get $3.50 ($5.00 bonus, crayons are $1.49) and free crayons from TCB today. Pretty simple stuff. See my blog post here. Sorry, changed my siggy.

Mike
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mikeef
Get $3.50 ($5.00 bonus, crayons are $1.49) and free crayons from TCB today. Pretty simple stuff. See my blog post here. Sorry, changed my siggy.

Mike
Sweet deal and one I can use. Thanks.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:56 pm

This site is terrible. I used it twice last year on the same day and had to file a claim but did eventually receive my $16 after a very long time. Decided to give them another shot this year with the ATT promo, so I ordered a tablet in February and what would you know, I had to file a claim in May. It was quickly confirmed but not payable. I guess to shut me up for a while? No response for another month so I messaged them and was told it takes longer when you file a claim, wait 3-4 weeks. 3-4 weeks passed and no cashback while I was still being told "it takes longer when you file a claim". This place really is a joke. I have NEVER had any problems like this with Ebates. They've fooled me twice; it won't happen again.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:12 pm

I am sure everyone reads no matter what CB website you use, Cardpool will not pay after a total of $1000 in sales or purchases. I am not saying this is the problem, but it could be one.

Now me personally I have never had a problem with TCB, other than with CardPool. That was my first purchase of about $998.

One thing to think of is this is probably a CardPool problem only. It is after all owned by the Blackhawk network. And we know how as on of those prepaid card companies, they are out to take advantage of the poor.

After that I did purchase gift cards from cardpool on many occasions. One of my orders, however, had a gift card with bad pin. CardPool refused to help me out with it.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by diseased
This site is terrible. I used it twice last year on the same day and had to file a claim but did eventually receive my $16 after a very long time. Decided to give them another shot this year with the ATT promo, so I ordered a tablet in February and what would you know, I had to file a claim in May. It was quickly confirmed but not payable. I guess to shut me up for a while? No response for another month so I messaged them and was told it takes longer when you file a claim, wait 3-4 weeks. 3-4 weeks passed and no cashback while I was still being told "it takes longer when you file a claim". This place really is a joke. I have NEVER had any problems like this with Ebates. They've fooled me twice; it won't happen again.
Glad to see you're learning. I also had problems with TCB. Although I've also had problems with the others too. It's not a perfect science and they all seem to miss some purchases. But for me the sign is how they respond and handle issues. TCB and Coupon Cactus are the worst offenders from a CS perspective. While the others (ebates, shopathome, mr rebates) have issues, at least I find their CS to be top notch and they always make things right. I no longer use TopCashBack or Coupon Cactus. I simply cannot trust them with their poor CS attitudes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.