Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
I am having issues with getting paid on thousands of dollars in Hyatt Stay. Book them through the site, stay, pay and then they show up as cancelled/rejected on Top Cashback. I can see one or two getting messed up but we are talking a dozen Hyatt transactions.

No significant issues with other merchants.

Still waiting for a response from them after repeated queries.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Glad to see you're learning. I also had problems with TCB. Although I've also had problems with the others too. It's not a perfect science and they all seem to miss some purchases. But for me the sign is how they respond and handle issues. TCB and Coupon Cactus are the worst offenders from a CS perspective. While the others (ebates, shopathome, mr rebates) have issues, at least I find their CS to be top notch and they always make things right. I no longer use TopCashBack or Coupon Cactus. I simply cannot trust them with their poor CS attitudes.
ebates.com is not squeaky clean either. They denied me a claim for an all-inclusive hotel that cost me almost $200. I made them aware of my concern two days after using the site, but did nothing. They made me wait for almost 6 months before even investigating...then said they couldn't do anything about it. I have refused to use that cash back site after almost 8 years of loyal, exclusive use.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:49 pm

Still nothing but talk six months after the purchase....They don't even respond to my support ticket messages anymore and I hadn't messaged them in a month lol. What a sorry company.

Last edited by diseased; Aug 16, 2014 at 1:11 am
Old Aug 29, 2014, 4:56 pm

Here's an additional data point about TCB's overall competence. Clicking on any of the merchant links results in an error although other parts of the site are fine. This has been happening for several hours. I assume the site will just run on autopilot for the weekend so nobody will be able to make any purchases until Monday at the earliest.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:57 pm

Topcashback

I thought it was just me. I can't get expedia to come up.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 2:58 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by mommafrica
I thought it was just me. I can't get expedia to come up.
Tried all Friday to get Raise to come up on TCB, and it still won't early Saturday morning.

You would think with all of the purchases made during Labor Day Weekend in the U.S. that they wouldn't want issues to happen.

Hope this doesn't mean the site could go belly up soon...
Old Aug 30, 2014, 11:51 am

They have fixed the problem sometime Saturday. So they apparently have someone available to monitor and fix problems on weekends. That's more than I expected but it's still disappointing that their cashback links were down for a long time (between 12 to 24 hours).
Old Sep 7, 2014, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Just an update--

I don't normally carefully track my cashback, but I do periodically glance at my account to see what's coming in, and there's a lot of it, so it certainly seems to me that things are working fine.

The only discrepancy I did notice, though, was that I did not receive cashback on a recent stay at the Super 8 Sitka, Alaska. (Don't judge; it's one of two hotels in town.) This was a hefty stay--booked through HotelClub.com at 17% cashback for two nights at the bargain-basement (for Alaska) price of $125 a night. I had booked this prepaid, non-changeable/non-refundable rate back in March for travel in July, and the cashback hadn't posted when I made the res nor several weeks after I completed the stay.

I couldn't use the automated missing-cashback form as it didn't show any clicks from TCB to HotelClub in March. In a panic, I contacted them saying that I *knew* I HAD to have gone to HotelClub via TCB (because I *always* do because of the great cashback percentage), and I got a reply very quickly that they had reactivated my hidden clicks (they apparently hide old ones more than 90 days old) and that I could submit a missing cashback report using the automated form.

I did and saw the pending cashback figure soon increase by $30ish, so all is well now. Not sure why it never posted; I've had several other things from HotelClub post this year, but then again, most of my hotel stays are booked a few days or less (often an hour or two) before arrival, so there's rarely such a long lead time between booking and completing the stay.

I just transferred $150 out to my bank account. I remain completely satisfied with TCB.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I love being able to triple dip with TCB. Yesterday AMEX posted a special offer of $12 off a $60 purchase at Vitacost. Today TCB offers 10% cashback on Vitacost. Combined with 1% cashback from my credit card, that gives me over 30% off this order. And I continue to receive lots of cashback from TCB for referrals.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:20 pm

I finally received my AT&T cashback after seven months, but it was for $10 less than what was advertised when I made the click. Glad to be done with them!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: Most
Angry Topcashback - forget it - life is too short

Have tried TCB for 3 purchases myself, a referral to my wife, and she tried 3 purchases and a special free k-cups ($12.50 rebate from TCB themselves) offer.

Of the 10 transactions, nothing was credited or paid. I saw merchant clicks, but purchases never tracked. I couldn't believe that I never even got the referral credit for my wife.

I read bad reviews, but this is beyond belief. Like I say, Life is too short, don't waste your time. Of course their rates are the highest and their deals sound the best...easy to do when you never pay off. Their customer service is so convoluted that it would take too long to even go through the motions to get resolution or satisfaction.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:38 am

Hi there!

@diseased, I am sorry to hear that this amount has tracked at a lower amount than you expected. If you'd like to lodge a missing cashback claim for your AT&T purchase then we should be able to question this with the merchant and hopefully get the correct amount reflecting in your account.

@hogdoc, I can assure you that our customer service team are always happy to help and if you have any issues we'll try to resolve them as quickly as possible. Do you think these transactions may not have tracked due to having an adblocker installed? We often find this stops the transaction showing at all. It may also be worth trying to clear your cookies before a purchase. However, if this doesn't help then feel free to send a support ticket to us and we'll be happy to assist you further at improving your tracking.

I hope this helps and enjoy the rest of your week!

Thanks,
TopCashback Support
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
We love TCB...almost a side income for us. Keep up the good work!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:05 am

FYI guys, been a pretty loyal TCB user over the past few years (over $1700 paid out) and haven't had too many problems with them. For the past few months, I've had to submit a claim for > 90% of my transactions because of them failing to record my click throughs (even though the record of it is there when I submit the claim). Today was the last straw. They denied my cash back on four separate AMEX consumer/business gift card purchases totaling $21k. Cash back due is $639.

I'm filing a small claims suit again TCB (akak MediaNet Systems Ltd) as soon as I can get all the paperwork together.

Needless to say, I won't be using TCB again and I strongly advise against you guys doing the same for large purchases.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:24 am

Hi CalGuy,

I am sorry that your cash back has been declined in your account. We'd like to take a look into why this has happened and if you could please send a support ticket in to us through the customer care section of your account, then we'll be more than happy to get started on this. We understand that it can be frustrating when cash back goes declined/untracked but we may be able to offer some tips on how to improve this.

If you would also like to mention that you are from Flyertalk then I will pick this one up myself and investigate it further.

I hope this helps,
Jack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.