Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jjjj198282
I requested payment to my paypal, after 15 days still no payment. I wrote the ticket and got something like this:
"Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately there has been some recent fraudulent activity on a merchant that you have used. The details on those accounts and your own do bear some similarities which hopefully we can discount. In order to do this can you provide a copy of some form of official photo ID, you can send it to me at [email protected], Thanks.

Kind regards,
TopCashback Support. "
Who encountered this situation? What should I do? I guess I also can not get money after I send my photo ID to them.
Never heard of this, but why not try sending the copy of your ID as they request?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jackal
Never heard of this, but why not try sending the copy of your ID as they request?
Identity theft?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:03 am

I've very rarely had issues with TCB, but in the last week I've had two Amazon purchases fail to track, despite being items clearly within one of the designated categories.

As with most portals, TCB won't investigate problems with Amazon purchase tracking (presumably because amazon refuses to assist?). Anyone else had this issue? Pretty annoying since the alleged rate was 10%, although now that I look I don't know that I've ever had an amazon purchase track on any cashback portal...
Old Jan 15, 2016, 5:00 pm

I have severe problems with TCB tracking in Chrome so I use Firefox, just for TCB purposes, and clear the cookies and cache completely every time. As I rarely use Firefox, I don't mind!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:42 pm

PayPal Payout

Currently I'm having problems getting a payment via PayPal. It keeps asking for an answer to a security question but won't allow me to type it in (I never had to do this before). I tried sending a support ticket but it won't allow that as well. It will only allow you to ask about previous payouts. Has anyone had this problem as well and how did one solve this?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:47 pm

Just completed my first transaction via TCB & they sent me 15 email confirmations.... at least I know they recorded it I suppose.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:19 pm

On Topcashback, Ladbrokes offer 30 quid cashback for opening an account and depositing £10. I had a go at this last month.

Unfortunately it tracked at 0:00 and I was informed today that it was declined by Ladbrokes. The recent reviews on the merchant page show the majority of people had the same problem. Avoid this offer - you''re wasting your time.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Any one had problem logging to TCB website? I keep getting an error yesterday & today.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by allanfan
Any one had problem logging to TCB website? I keep getting an error yesterday & today.
No problems here.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:40 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I had a number of hotel stays in 2014 that initially appeared to track properly but were later (wrongly) ruled ineligible (status "payable" but amount $0.00). I gave up chasing after several months but was surprised this weekend to see a larger than expected amount available to withdraw: some of those stays had been updated in the past week or so.

This was TCB USA. The hotels in question were mostly Accor plus one Radisson.

It may be worth checking your TCB account if you have had similar difficulties.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I have had major problems with Skyparksecure tracking at correct rate then dropping so that the cashback earned rate is now the purchase amount. Can't get any sense out of them.

As for Hilton been waiting for over 6 months even after sending my invoice to them to proe I made the stay.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by goldencondor
On Topcashback, Ladbrokes offer 30 quid cashback for opening an account and depositing £10. I had a go at this last month.

Unfortunately it tracked at 0:00 and I was informed today that it was declined by Ladbrokes. The recent reviews on the merchant page show the majority of people had the same problem. Avoid this offer - you''re wasting your time.
Immediately after the above, I put a second claim in and forgot about it. Now the £30 is pending. Why not do this the first time? Weird.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Got to pay for the competitions somehow
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IMH
I had a number of hotel stays in 2014 that initially appeared to track properly but were later (wrongly) ruled ineligible (status "payable" but amount $0.00). I gave up chasing after several months but was surprised this weekend to see a larger than expected amount available to withdraw: some of those stays had been updated in the past week or so.

This was TCB USA. The hotels in question were mostly Accor plus one Radisson.

It may be worth checking your TCB account if you have had similar difficulties.
Thanks for posting this. I gave up on a number of hotel stays and haven't even checked TCB in months. I checked tonight and cash from two Marriott stays from Nov 2014 posted recently. I didn't get an email notifying me of the deposits.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:03 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by linsj
I checked tonight and cash from two Marriott stays from Nov 2014 posted recently.
Interesting. With (at least) three different hotel chains affected this was clearly a TCB issue. Good to see them fixing it, late though it is. I hope they also make the effort to contact and pay people whose TCB accounts have lapsed between 2014 and now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.