Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
Just ordered TCB->Giftcards.com ...14 weeks it says...well need to see if it becomes payable sooner.Thinking would go regular if it works.
I'm fairly new to TCB but here are my recent purchases / DPs:

ebay: 6 weeks (ordered 4 weeks ago)
walmart: 14 weeks (ordered 4 weeks ago)
giftcardmall: 9 weeks (ordered 2 weeks ago and again this week, both at 9 weeks)

I recently saw someone mention that Giving Assistant "has been paying out within 2 days of the shipping date." Anybody have knowledge?

TCB seems like a nice idea in theory but I'm not sure I'll continue using them if it is going to take 3-7 months.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:02 pm

I placed several hotels.com orders via TCB US on Dec 25th, but they don't seem to be tracked. Usually I can find the order numbers and order amount in my account within one day. Anyone has the same issue?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by perkunas

giftcardmall: 9 weeks (ordered 2 weeks ago and again this week, both at 9 weeks)

I recently saw someone mention that Giving Assistant "has been paying out within 2 days of the shipping date." Anybody have knowledge?

TCB seems like a nice idea in theory but I'm not sure I'll continue using them if it is going to take 3-7 months.
I haven't had TCB pay out a dime. Ever. I have since given up on them.

As for Giving Assistant, they were great when they first started. Virtually every order processed quickly and automatically. Payment was received quickly as well. Now 95% of my orders have to be processed manually. I send them receipts and get a response that they will look into it. On most occasions I never get a second response and have to contact them again to get the issue resolved. Most of the time I do eventually receive credit for the purchase, but occasionally they will simply deny it. On many occasions they will pay out and then deduct the cashback from my account months later stating the merchant reported a return, modification, etc. to the order even though no such event occurred. This seems to happen only with certain merchants, but it happens over and over again.

Payments are made every 3 months. My payment amounts are often incorrect. For example, let's say I earned $60 for the previous quarter. My payment might be $40. The other $20 remains in my account. I then have to contact them to request that the other $20 is paid.

The overall theme for me has been that GA usually pays out, but it requires a lot of effort on my part in order to ensure that I get what I am owed. I have not quite figured out if they are scammers or simply incompetent.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by ManUpOrShutUp
I haven't had TCB pay out a dime. Ever. I have since given up on them.

As for Giving Assistant, they were great when they first started. Virtually every order processed quickly and automatically. Payment was received quickly as well. Now 95% of my orders have to be processed manually. I send them receipts and get a response that they will look into it. On most occasions I never get a second response and have to contact them again to get the issue resolved. Most of the time I do eventually receive credit for the purchase, but occasionally they will simply deny it. On many occasions they will pay out and then deduct the cashback from my account months later stating the merchant reported a return, modification, etc. to the order even though no such event occurred. This seems to happen only with certain merchants, but it happens over and over again.

Payments are made every 3 months. My payment amounts are often incorrect. For example, let's say I earned $60 for the previous quarter. My payment might be $40. The other $20 remains in my account. I then have to contact them to request that the other $20 is paid.

The overall theme for me has been that GA usually pays out, but it requires a lot of effort on my part in order to ensure that I get what I am owed. I have not quite figured out if they are scammers or simply incompetent.
I finally had a positive experience with TCB. I placed an Advance Auto Parts order in December, and a few days ago, my earnings changed from pending to payable.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:09 am

Quoted post is now 1 month old... not much forward progress...

FWIW, here is an update:

ebay: still at 6 weeks
walmart: still at 14
giftcardmall (3 purchases between 12/5 - 12/21): all at 7 weeks
Old Jan 28, 2017, 8:21 pm

Quoted post is now 1 month old... not much forward progress...

FWIW, here is an update:

ebay: still at 6 weeks
walmart: still at 14
giftcardmall (3 purchases between 12/5 - 12/21): all at 7 weeks
Another week has passed:

Walmart: still at 14 wks (original order ~Nov 23)
GCM: at 6 weeks (original orders ~Dec 5-15th)
ebay: "payable"
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:44 am

Giving Assistant

Hi All,

My name is Ryan Quiel and I am a CoFounder at Giving Assistant.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Giving Assistant (both the good and bad) ManUpOrShutUp. Sorry to hear your recent experiences.

We strive to always pay correctly, fully and quickly. I just emailed (PM) you so that I can personally look into your account and make sure your issues get ironed out moving forward.

A note to all other forum readers, to increase the likelihood of cashback working correctly for almost 3k+ partnering stores, please install our extension on Safari or Chrome.

As always, we have very friendly customer service 24/7 to help you if something does not work perfectly. Majority of the time though, we work flawlessly as you experienced in the past.

Best,

Ryan

Last edited by Ryan Quiel; Jan 31, 2017 at 12:23 pm
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
TCB UK

email today: Explore the world with up to 8% cashback at Hilton!

clicking the link:

We are currently unable to offer cashback discounts on any purchases made at Hilton Hotels. Please see below for details

Great job!

Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:49 am

I have 10+ IHG stays where the purchase amount tracked correctly, but the cashback is confirmed at $0. I may have used AAA rates for one or two of these bookings, but other than that these were all normal stays. Anyone else having issues with IHG booking cashback crediting correctly?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
How does this Hilton promo work ? $50 daily credit for every night of your stay,

While I am aware how the general cash back offers work, need info on whether the below promo works for all bookings and when do we get this $50 credit to be used during the stay or is it for only future stays post completion of stay booked using this promo ?

Looking at the 4th offer in this link - https://www.topcashback.com/hilton-worldwide/

" $50 daily credit for every night of your stay, at thousands of hotels worldwide, across a variety of Hilton brands. Use your on-property credit for dining, shopping, relaxing, and more! + cashback "
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by mster
I have 10+ IHG stays where the purchase amount tracked correctly, but the cashback is confirmed at $0. I may have used AAA rates for one or two of these bookings, but other than that these were all normal stays. Anyone else having issues with IHG booking cashback crediting correctly?
I had some Wyndham stays that I paid for at checkin - as indicated for the Wyndham MasterPass promo.
Stays are tracked correctly, but cashback is zero.
Did the research on why and found out that ONLY prepaid stays qualify for cashback with Wyndham.

Following is the fine print for IHG before booking, because I usually have no problem with cashback posting for IHG stays and I never use a special rate.

Completed Booking
Cash Back is only available for commissionable IHG rates. Specialty rates such as corporate, negotiated rates, and IHG Friends & Family are not eligible for Cash Back. Rooms booked and paid for with IHG Rewards Club Points are not eligible for cash back incentives. Cash Back for travel may not appear in your account until up to 40 days after travel has been completed.

You can always send an inquiry email to customer service and they'll explain.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Is there any way to use TopCashBack when booking an IHG bonus points rate that does not appear via regular searches on IHG, rather only through this link: https://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glo...points-package ? It's a commissionable rate (1K bonus points per night + breakfast), but not sure how to use it with TopCashBack.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by moe8555
Is there any way to use TopCashBack when booking an IHG bonus points rate that does not appear via regular searches on IHG, rather only through this link: https://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glo...points-package ? It's a commissionable rate (1K bonus points per night + breakfast), but not sure how to use it with TopCashBack.
Try this: TCB > IHG > Offers > Hotels Offers > Hotel packages > Earn Up to 5k Bonus Points...

Presumably well-tracked, you’ll get paid “30-60 days after the completed stay”. Otherwise, you’ll need to lodge a claim.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by shahr04360
Try this: TCB > IHG > Offers > Hotels Offers > Hotel packages > Earn Up to 5k Bonus Points...

Presumably well-tracked, you’ll get paid “30-60 days after the completed stay”. Otherwise, you’ll need to lodge a claim.
Thanks, these kinds of insights are what I love about FlyerTalk!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Black Friday bonus: Earn $3.00 extra cash back.
Any qualifying purchase (selected merchant AND above $10) by November 22nd, 2017 (Terms)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.