Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:07 pm

I gather TCB were offering cashback of 19.9% on Hilton a few weeks back. Did anyone successfully get it?

Last edited by goldencondor; Feb 17, 2016 at 1:20 am
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Do you want to give us a clue what you are reffering to ?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Do you want to give us a clue what you are reffering to ?
Oops. Hilton! *edits*
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I have bookings tracked at that rate. My stays are over the next few weeks so we shall see.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I have bookings tracked at that rate. My stays are over the next few weeks so we shall see.
I thought it looked too good to be true (and I didn't book because I had no need of a hotel stay at the time). Hope you get your cashback!
Old Mar 11, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by GREAKLY
I compared the price of a few night hotel stay purchased directly on hotels.com or on the same site, accessed via topcashback.com. The difference in my case was 587-556=31$ or about 6%. Topcashback promisses 7% rebate on hotels.com. Given the above-mentioned example, does it mean that Topcashback in fact only offers 7-6=1% rebate?
I stumbled upon your post and this related post about the TCB & Hotels.com combination.

FWIW: I've been very happy with this combination that I've used extensively for the past twelve months or so, domestically as well as abroad.
I've had no problems whatsoever with Hotels.com raising their prices when clicking thru TCB, since I usually check Trivago, Priceline and other websites to compare hotel stays.

On another note: just curious - did you happen to find a CashBack site to use for car rentals, domestic and overseas ?
I've used TCB for AutoEurope, but often AE is not the most economical site to book rentals in Europe.
Would love to hear other's experiences !

Edit to update:

Unfortunately just encountered what was mentioned before - the same room when clicking through TCB is priced higher !
I was about to book a room in Milan and discovered that IHG prices are about 10% lower than when clicked through TCB !

And now also a price mark-up for a car rental in Denmark as compared without the TCB clicks.

Last edited by Travelomania; Mar 14, 2016 at 2:27 pm Reason: to add info
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Just ordered TCB->Giftcards.com ...14 weeks it says...well need to see if it becomes payable sooner.Thinking would go regular if it works.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Thanks for bumping the thread...it reminded me to go claim my latest payout. $119 headed my way now. (I last requested a payout at the end of September, so this is about six months of activity.)

Also, I can vouch for the TCB+Hotels.com combo. I can basically get a 17% rebate on any hotel I book. That's usually more than the rewards points most hotel loyalty programs themselves would give on a typical stay and also opens up a wealth of properties that chain addicts can't consider (that are usually much, much cheaper than a typical Hilton or Sheraton or whatever). I've had a few issues in the past with Hotels.com showing slightly higher prices through an affiliate link (not just TCB but any other affiliate/cashback link), but that seems to have been less of a problem for me in the past year or so.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
so we can trust TCB ...i was planning to order all my VGCs on a regular basis, if this doesn't work the actual cost of VGCs is quite high on GC.com compared to SM
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Dirty Scammers

I tried to request an ACH payout of my payable earnings from TopCashBack (US) and was prompted to enter a "security question" of where I met my spouse/partner. That's interesting in that I don't remember being prompted for that security question when signing up for the site. I definitely never had to enter it when clicking through to merchant links from TCB.

Funny how the only time this security question appears is when it means TCB can weasel out of paying me my earned rebates.

Trouble tickets on the issue naturally go unanswered and there's no way to contact these a-holes by telephone. They do list a UK phone number for media inquiries only. Has anyone had any luck ringing them on their UK media inquiry line?

Does anyone have a contact name and title of a person in the TCB US offices?

Any other thoughts on how to get my money from these dirty scammers?

Last edited by Herb687; Jun 3, 2016 at 12:48 pm Reason: edit
Old Oct 9, 2016, 7:49 am

Re TopCashBack Subject: Please HELP!!!!

Subject: Please HELP!!!!

I am TRYING TO RECEIVE A PAYOUT AND HAVE WRITTEN 10 times already that I don't know the answer to the security question. I don't Remember answering that question.

I even tried call uk offices

I AM NOT RECEIVING RESPONSE
TO MY SUPPORT TICKETS!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only answers I get are to refer to rote Answers that do not address the issue

I do not know the answer to my security question I do not even remember ever answering that question

It seems to me that TopCashBack does not want to pay out the cash earned.

Ticket
Back to Tickets Post a message
Category Other/Unclassified
Title Re payout
Created 08 Oct 2016
Status Waiting for TopCashback
Notes
Comment

I can't retrieve my payout. Please help
I don't know the answer to my security question.

Confirm your payout
PayPal is trusted all around the world and you won't have to pay any fees for our cashback payouts.
Withdrawal amount $61.50
Paypal Email Jo
Please answer the following security question to confirm your identity and withdraw funds.

What is the name of your favorite childhood teacher?
Jo0 | 08 Oct 2016
Please review the following which may help to resolve your support ticket. Click 'support ticket Answered' against the appropriate suggestion to close your support ticket. Alternatively, click 'support ticket Not Answered' to add further comments of your own.
Why have I not received my American Express gift card?
All card requests do need to be processed by ourselves first before these are passed on to American Express to ship out and from here it can take around 10-14 days from this time to be received by our members in the mail. Unfortunately there is a delay with the card production vendor which is outside the control of both ourselves and American Express which has had a knock on delay with these cards being shipped out. Both sides are working to get this resolved as soon as possible but please can I ask if you are able to allow 17-21 in the meantime. Our sincere apologies for any frustration or inconvenience that this may have caused but please be aware that you can look to use an alternative payment method should you need this sooner.

I referred my friend but this isn't showing in my earnings yet.
If your friend is showing as having met the threshold but this is not reflecting in your payable earnings, could you send in a support ticket and we can look into this for you. If your referral performance is not showing as completed for a friend though, could you allow a little more time for them to reach this threshold.

I'm unable to view to my Amazon.com Gift Certificate.
You should be able to see your Amazon Gift Certificate from here.

It shouldn't be a problem if you've already marked your Gift Card as used or having problems finding it. If you follow the link below to the payment history and click on the payment you are after then the code should be displayed when you scroll to the bottom and press 'Click to use now'.

https://www.topcashback.com/account/payments/history

My cashback hasn't reached payable yet
We are always more than happy to chase your delayed cashback for you but before we do, it's always worth checking the estimated payable speeds on your account. You can do this by going to the 'Earnings' page and selecting the 'Cashback by Date' tab, or you can follow the link below.

https://www.topcashback.com/account/earnings/date

This is just an estimate and it can take several weeks longer sometimes, as we can't pass this on to you until we receive it from the merchant. Can we ask that you allow at least a further 4 weeks before getting in touch?

I haven't received my referral bonus yet
Please be aware that when you refer a friend to TopCashback, you will need to allow them to reach $10.00 of eligible cashback at payable status before you will receive the bonus in your account. You should then see this bonus payable in your TopCashback account shortly after.

I haven't had my authentication email
If you have not received your authentication email yet then please don't worry as this can take a few hours to come through sometimes. Please be assured that this will not affect the use of your account and you can continue to shop as normal.

If this still isn't showing and you've checked your spam/junk folder then you can send us an email to [email protected] with 'Authenticate' in the title and this should resolve the issue.

My transaction is payable, but says $0.00
If you have made a transaction through Booking.com and this has progressed to payable at $0.00 and has not uplifted after 6 weeks of completing your stay then could you lodge a missing cashback claim for this by going to 'customer care' and clicking 'lodge a claim'.

How do I view my missing cashback claim?
If you have an open missing cashback claim then you should be able to view this by going to our Customer care page, clicking ‘lodge a claim’ and then by going to 'open claims' in the navigation box on the right hand side. If you would like an update to your claim and it hasn’t been resolved within 12 weeks of being submitted, then you can always post a quick message on it and our claims team should pick this up.

Confirm your payout
PayPal is trusted all around the world and you won't have to pay any fees for our cashback payouts.
Withdrawal amount$61.50
Paypal [email protected]
Please answer the following security question to confirm your identity and withdraw funds.
What is the name of your favorite childhood teacher?

Help I've forgotten my security question
Edit PayPal details
You must have a valid PayPal account before you can transfer your cashback. Visit PayPal to create an account if you don't already have one.

Navigation
Payout Request
Payout History
Amazon.com Gift Cards

Last edited by Spiff; Oct 11, 2016 at 10:39 am Reason: Please don't post multiple times.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 1:38 am

I have had pending eBay transactions confirmed but not moved to payable for 3 months from transaction date. I have since moved my eBay spending elsewhere until this is resolved. Anyone else facing this problem?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
any luck with getting cash back from Budget? This is for the US side, all of mine track and are confirmed at $0.00, since 2014.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by waver99
I have had pending eBay transactions confirmed but not moved to payable for 3 months from transaction date. I have since moved my eBay spending elsewhere until this is resolved. Anyone else facing this problem?
eBay transactions take a long time to process over TCB.

mine took 6 months and it just became payable.

Hotels.com is amazingly fast though.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by tycosiao
eBay transactions take a long time to process over TCB.

mine took 6 months and it just became payable.

Hotels.com is amazingly fast though.
Agreed. I used it and it took longer. Now I don't bother using Topcashback for ebay at all, it's not worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.