Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
My wife and I both used TCB after years of having avoided it. She did the Black Friday bonus listed right above me. Nothing has shown up.

I bought something from the Microsoft store because they were offering 8% (1% normal plus 7% Black Friday bonus). I got the 1% but not the 7% bonus. I submitted a support thread but didn't hear anything.

Looks like they're back to their old tricks.

Mike
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeef
My wife and I both used TCB after years of having avoided it. She did the Black Friday bonus listed right above me. Nothing has shown up.

I bought something from the Microsoft store because they were offering 8% (1% normal plus 7% Black Friday bonus). I got the 1% but not the 7% bonus. I submitted a support thread but didn't hear anything.

Looks like they're back to their old tricks.

Mike
Same here - Signed up for the $3 extra cash back and made an IHG booking on Nov 22. The IHG booking tracked within hours whereas the extra $3 never showed up.

On the contrary, on the topcashback UK site, I made IHG bookings on 29 May and 31 Oct when they were running extra £2.50 cash back. Both times the extra cash back showed up quickly and at the same time as the IHG bookings.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by hightide
Same here - Signed up for the $3 extra cash back and made an IHG booking on Nov 22. The IHG booking tracked within hours whereas the extra $3 never showed up.

On the contrary, on the topcashback UK site, I made IHG bookings on 29 May and 31 Oct when they were running extra £2.50 cash back. Both times the extra cash back showed up quickly and at the same time as the IHG bookings.
LOL on IHG bookings. I did the same on the UK account, and it tracked immediately, along with the extra bonus, but a separate one on the US side nothing. Submitted a ticket to them and they came back saying that IHG claims I used a 3rd party coupon to invalidate the TCB claim. On the plus side, out off the blue, this past Friday I noticed a new transaction from IHG that is tacking as confirmed and it is for a hotel reservation/stay I did with them through TCB back in Feb 2016 and was completed in March 2016. It never tracked through TCB back them, but now it appears 21months latter as confirmed. Go figure.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by arollins
LOL on IHG bookings. I did the same on the UK account, and it tracked immediately, along with the extra bonus, but a separate one on the US side nothing. Submitted a ticket to them and they came back saying that IHG claims I used a 3rd party coupon to invalidate the TCB claim. On the plus side, out off the blue, this past Friday I noticed a new transaction from IHG that is tacking as confirmed and it is for a hotel reservation/stay I did with them through TCB back in Feb 2016 and was completed in March 2016. It never tracked through TCB back them, but now it appears 21months latter as confirmed. Go figure.
Hey, at least they replied to you...

So annoying. Well, on to a new site.

Mike
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by arollins
Same thing happened with me, for IHG and a couple other hotel chains, except for it ever tracking. It did track once a while back so for one of my trip's bookings I used TCB.... big mistake, less than half went through despite the click appearing. I'm 100% sure I didn't use any other portal or coupon, and I cleared cookies. At first they claimed I used another coupon or promotion; I proved otherwise. Now they claim I used some other affiliate link, can't tell me which because apparently nothing is their responsibility, nothing is guaranteed, and it's all up to their network. Don't know if their tracking is weak or their vendor relationships aren't as strong, but I agree it's like Russian Roulette and I'd rather just stick with a portal that will give me a higher rate of success.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:21 am

Hi all,

Does anybody know which regulatory group I can complain to about Topcashback? They renegged on a recent big purchase claiming BS items that I know are not true. I've offered receipts and even browser history, but they refuse to payout.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by stillmatic
Hi all,

Does anybody know which regulatory group I can complain to about Topcashback? They renegged on a recent big purchase claiming BS items that I know are not true. I've offered receipts and even browser history, but they refuse to payout.
I'm fairly sure that cashback is not a regulated industry. At least here in the US; maybe the more consumer-friendly rules in Europe offer some protection.

I always view cashback as a best-effort offer. It's nice when it works, but it should never be expected. There are far too many issues with cookies not being set property, browsers clearing sessions, affiliates having hidden exclusions, etc. If TopCashBack isn't paying you, then it's very likely that TopCashBack itself isn't getting paid.

But if it makes you feel more productive, feel free to try filing a complaint with the BBB, the FTC, the FCC, the FBI (wire fraud?), small-claims court, or even reaching out to a lawyer to file a class-action suit, because obviously they're engaged in systemic and widespread fraud, judging by the complaints on this thread.
m907 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by jackal
I'm fairly sure that cashback is not a regulated industry. At least here in the US; maybe the more consumer-friendly rules in Europe offer some protection.

I always view cashback as a best-effort offer. It's nice when it works, but it should never be expected. There are far too many issues with cookies not being set property, browsers clearing sessions, affiliates having hidden exclusions, etc. If TopCashBack isn't paying you, then it's very likely that TopCashBack itself isn't getting paid.

But if it makes you feel more productive, feel free to try filing a complaint with the BBB, the FTC, the FCC, the FBI (wire fraud?), small-claims court, or even reaching out to a lawyer to file a class-action suit, because obviously they're engaged in systemic and widespread fraud, judging by the complaints on this thread.

Thank you. Starting with BBB where they have a rating of B- already haha.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Summer Special bonus: Earn $3.00 extra cash back
Any qualifying purchase (selected merchant AND above $10) by August 26th, 2018 (Terms)
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
TopcashBack & Simplilearn

Hoping someone can help clarify as am a TCB novice.

I am looking to join a course thru simplilearn. Currently TCB pays 10% cashback and considering the course is $1299, thats $129 cashback and hence want to be sure its tracked properly !

When I click on simplilearn from tcb login, it takes me to general landing page for simplilearn. When I search for the course, it opens a new window to show me course details and from where I can enrol.

My query is as a new window is opened for the course details and enrolment, will that be tracked properly or is there some additional steps / precautions I need to take.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Do you like to gamble? Then buy all you want on TCB. Me, my first purchase I got burned on both the sign up referral and my cashback. It was $25, too, I thought of taking a screen shot that showed it successfully went thru, but I did not. I learned my lesson and will never buy on there again. I prefer savings I actually get!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Happened to me with 1250$ HP Laptop and 10%cashback did not track.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Hoping someone can help clarify as am a TCB novice.

I am looking to join a course thru simplilearn. Currently TCB pays 10% cashback and considering the course is $1299, thats $129 cashback and hence want to be sure its tracked properly !

When I click on simplilearn from tcb login, it takes me to general landing page for simplilearn. When I search for the course, it opens a new window to show me course details and from where I can enrol.

My query is as a new window is opened for the course details and enrolment, will that be tracked properly or is there some additional steps / precautions I need to take.
Update - this tracked for me, and I had created a video to prove to them if it did not, since it was more than $100 !

Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
Happened to me with 1250$ HP Laptop and 10%cashback did not track.
Hope you have some video / print screen's which you can use to dispute. $125 is not something I would let go easily.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I reported Topcashback to the Better Business Bureau, and got nowhere. Topcashback said they had no proof of my order despite my giving them the order number and price paid. They also take much longer to pay than other sites. I'd rather have less money quicker with real customer service and a sure thing than iffy transactions where you find out 1 month later they won't pay.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Runner123
I reported Topcashback to the Better Business Bureau, and got nowhere. Topcashback said they had no proof of my order despite my giving them the order number and price paid. They also take much longer to pay than other sites. I'd rather have less money quicker with real customer service and a sure thing than iffy transactions where you find out 1 month later they won't pay.
I used Lemoney for a few purchases. They don't make your cash back payable until it has been 90 days from your purchase. I requested a payout, and they said it would take a few days to verify the cash back before paying it. When I didn't see it within two weeks, I reached out. They said, "We just switched to a new processor. Give it another week or two." Finally, six weeks later, they paid me. However, they paid me via PayPal Goods and Services, so I lost a chunk of my cash back to PayPal's fees. It isn't just Topcashback that is shady with things like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.