Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2013, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by TopCashbackUSA
Hi macchiato,

It's not unusual for a hotel stay transaction to move to payable at $0.00. In fact, we expect this. The $0.00 amount signifies the booking and then a new transaction is added once the stay has been reported as completed. The payable $0.00 will always disappear when you make a payment request, as everything which is payable is included in this payment regardless of the value. If you need the date/time or any information on a $0.00 which has disappeared, you will usually find it by going to the payments page and clicking 'payment history'.

For your other claim, I agree that you should have seen this post by now. Your claim should resolve the problem, but feel free to email in at [email protected] or send a support ticket if you need an update.

Many thanks,
John

All my hotels.com transactions with TCB now have a zero pending amount. All transactions are tracked with the correct amount. My stay is not completed yet. Is it normal?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:03 am

Hi catfishoctopus,

This is normal and the transactions should uplift soon after the stays are completed.

If you would like me to take a look at your account and double check, I'd be glad to!

Please just email in on [email protected]

Many thanks,
John
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: Miles and More FF, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Jet Airways Silver
Recently I booked on Accorhotels.com for a 5 nights stay, the cashback was not tracked and when I lodged a missing cash back request the reply was unsatisfactory.
They are just not ready to pay up the amount.

You can check up their reply below.

Having chased your claim with the merchant network it unfortunately appears that your claim could not be approved. The comment that has been provided regarding this rejection is that 'Another marketing channel was credited with the sale'.

This comment is designed to inform us that Top Cashback was not identified as the last referrer to this transaction. Please note that this is not suggesting that you used another cashback website but indicates that another entity such as a search engine, comparison website, coupon code websites etc. may have become directly or indirectly associated in some way with this transaction.

Unfortunately the entity that has been identified as the last referrer is not specified to us due to strict confidentiality reasons, and therefore we do not have this information to pass on to you. However please note that it is very unlikely that this outcome has been a mistake on the part of the merchant or any of the intermediary agencies that may have been used to arrive at this decision as there are robust systems in place to trace back the sale to the last referrer.

Following an outcome of this nature there is invariably little we can do as the merchant will not pay out to ourselves due to our not being identified as the last referrer. We can only advise that to try and help prevent things like this from happening in the future that you always clear your cookies prior to making a transaction and that you then go on to make a transaction immediately and wholly online.

We are very sorry about this unfortunate outcome; we can appreciate that this can be a very disheartening experience and we hope that any future transactions you may go on to make run more smoothly for you.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Best wishes,
Top Cashback Support.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by akshayg1
Recently I booked on Accorhotels.com for a 5 nights stay, the cashback was not tracked and when I lodged a missing cash back request the reply was unsatisfactory.
They are just not ready to pay up the amount.
Their reply makes sense.

Please reference posts earlier in this thread where the best way to ensure your purchase tracks correctly is discussed. The optimal way to ensure your purchase tracks is to use a dedicated browser for TCB (different from your normal browser) and ensure that third-party cookies are enabled. I had trouble getting purchases to track until I discovered that setting. I now use IE for TCB purchases with that setting enabled, and I only use IE for that purpose (Chrome and FF for everything else).
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: Skyteam
I've been using TC for almost 1.5 years now. In the beginning I had doubts but, in 2013, I've had 10 or so purchase payout without a hitch. They do take longer than other sites to pay off though. Hotelclub purchase took almost 5 months to payout.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Recent Issues

I've been using TopCashBack for about a year now and have had nothing but the best things to say about their offers, reliability, and customer service. I've made literally thousands of dollars of purchases through their portal, and have received all my cashback as promised.

Back in April, however, I booked about six different hotel reservations through hotels.com and booking.com through TopCashBack. I only completed the stays in July, so I wouldn't have expected them to post to my account until a few weeks ago, but they still have not posted. All of the reservations tracked on TopCashBack but say "payable at $0.00."

Just today I've lodged a missing cashback claim and am fully confident that they'll take care of it. But I'll be sure to update this post when it's resolved--either way!

Edit: They've been able to successfully process 5 out of my 6 manual claims. 1 $20 claim from hotels.com is still "Waiting on the Merchant."

Last edited by CMHFlyerOH; Nov 17, 2013 at 12:06 am
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do think topcashback.com is getting better in tracking orders. I use them pretty regularly. I'll still choose another cashback site if the rate is the same, but topcashback usually has better rebates. It is definitely wise to keep a record of the cashback site you used for every online order and check that once a month to see if there are any omissions.

I have had success getting topcashback to pay missing rebates when I've filled out the complaint form. Last month, they somehow missed a Choice Hotels stay. I've filled out the form and will hope for the best.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:00 pm

I had a really disappointing experience with TCB.

I made two purchases from CVS.com on Feb. 2013 and expected a little more than $10 cashback.

The purchases did not track (although it tracked me using their links correctly), so I filed two claims on March. It says it can take 4 weeks to several months in their words. I waited patiently, but on August I "nudged" them when there was no update.

Today, I was told because the ORDER IDs cannot be found, CVS rejected the cashback claim, and thus I can't get anything. I check my purchase emails and my order details on my CVS.com website, and the order numbers are indeed correct.

If you are going to leave the claim in limbo for almost half a year and forget about it until your customer "nudges" you and find out that the merchant is not cooperating, stand up for your customer. Don't just go around saying "sorry" when you forgot about the claim for half a year.

I used TCB quite a few times, and I usually dealt with your ridiculously long wait for claim process because you usually came through with it. But this is it. I'd rather get paid slightly less and actually deal with a company that's more expedient and actually stands up for the customer.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 4:22 am

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
All I use is ebates.com and mrrebates.com and have nothing but positive things to say. Ebates post the cash back faster and you receive the cash every 90 days, where mrrebates has a policy that you can't get the cash until 90 days after the cash posts. Been using both for a couple of years and would say there have been no major problems.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:33 am

Hi Parioneti,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with us.

Although it may seem like your claim was neglected, I can assure you that this isn't the case. We are continually working on these but they can take a very long time in exceptional circumstances. I am sorry that we didn't keep you as informed as we should have done.

I'd like to take a look at your claim for you if I may? Can you email [email protected] with the details?

Best wishes,
John
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TopCashbackUSA

I'd like to take a look at your claim for you if I may? Can you email [email protected] with the details?
Done.

I'll report results here.

Edit: no response from TCB rep. Referring to Illinois AG. Class action to follow.

Last edited by sonofzeus; Oct 7, 2013 at 7:37 am
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:22 am

My account gets closed without notice, and the loss is several hundred dollars unredeemed cash back. Anyway to appeal besides the email? I know those shopping portals get paid from merchants then pay users. Then my loss (potential reliable cashback from other websites) and merchant loss become topcashback.com's profit. Am I understanding it correctly?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Huang
My account gets closed without notice, and the loss is several hundred dollars unredeemed cash back. Anyway to appeal besides the email? I know those shopping portals get paid from merchants then pay users. Then my loss (potential reliable cashback from other websites) and merchant loss become topcashback.com's profit. Am I understanding it correctly?
What were you doing to get your account closed? And why did you have "several hundred dollars" unredeemed? There must be more to your story.

BTW, I think we should change the title of this thread to something like "Questions/Problems with TopCashBack." It is obvious that the company is not "a total scam." Personally, I would note that their automatic reporting has SIGNIFICANTLY improved in the past year or so, and I now use them more than any other cashback site -- because they generally have the highest cashback. I still watch my earnings more carefully with topcashback than other sites, but that's more habit than anything else. Indeed, they are reliable enough that I would now actually recommend the site, since more cashback is better than less!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:14 am

I've been entirely happy with my TCB experience. Typically offers the highest cashback, quick tracking and fast payment. As long as you know what you're doing (private browsing / incognito) and don't leave payable funds sitting in the account, all is ^.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:04 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
I've had nothing but good things to say about TopCashBack and I still HIGHLY recommend them. Most of the time transactions post automatically and in the rare instance they don't, they have always been able to successfully process my manual claims.

I've bought literally thousands of dollars of gift cards at Staples through TopCashBack and have always gotten the 3% promised. Lately, though, I've been buying gift cards individually (around 3-4 gift cards a day all in separate transactions), rather than 10-20 at a time, and about 20% of my orders never post to my TopCashBack account.

Given the hassle of filing manual claims, I'm only going to be ordering bulk gift card orders moving forward, so that in the event that something doesn't post automatically, I have one manual claim to process instead of 12. :P

TopCashBack really is a reliable, quality site with good customer service, but it helps to learn its limitations. Multiple transactions at the same retailer on the same day seems to be one of those limitations--at least with Staples--and its entirely possible that this limitation exists with other portals as well.

I really do love TopCashBack, though. Best portal site out there by a wide margin!

Last edited by CMHFlyerOH; Nov 17, 2013 at 12:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.