Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2013, 4:28 pm

I've been using TCB for awhile, and I don't have much complaint. Yes, sometimes, the missing cashback takes awhile (upto 6 months), but they were all 100% solved eventually. Would I prefer them to be faster? Sure. But it also looks like if the merchant doesn't pay them, they can't really pay you, and the whole process could take some time.
I don't really need these cashbacks immediately. As long as I get it eventually I'm fine. And the cb rate of TCB is better than other companies, so as for me, I'll continue using them.

One tip: I found out filing a missing cash back claim form is much better than trying to contact a CS to fix the problem.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:29 pm

Is that an Indians' company?
You know all the tricks they play with.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:13 am

Another satisfied customer here for TCB USA. I guess I've used them about 6 times and always got my cash back as promised, true some did take a while (a few months) but the transactions showed up in their tracking system and as they state that I do not get paid until the merchant pays them I was prepared to wait - so bottom line - no complaints here.

OK now I'm ready for the flame(r)s!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by seolfor
It's based (AFAIK) in the UK.

FWIW, I had a similar reaction to you when first visiting the site as it was obviously not created by a native American English speaker. "USA's most generous cashback site" sounds like something you'd see in a spam email (many of which originate in India or Pakistan). That tagline needs the definite article in front of it: "The USA's most generous cashback site." However, on the recommendation of a friend, I went ahead with using it and have been satisfied with it since (as described above).
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:16 pm

I've been using TCB for over 1 year now and have been mostly satisfied. It took them about 12 months to set-up their US-based network, but some of their payments have been very fast since the start of 2013 (<2 weeks for 1 transaction!). In my experience, claims can be slow and "Nudges" do not work. You're best off contacting customer service with a brief message. The only transaction I did not get paid for was my fault (a special promotion not valid with other offers).

Some of the early posts sum up the best uses of having your items track properly. I imagine some of the larger or non-standard deals (i.e. referrals, phone contracts, etc.) are difficult to track given it's not a simple "click-through" and the amount of time and processing done by the merchant (or refusal to pay). Shopping portals are the middle men, and I feel a lot of users are blaming them for ALL of their issues!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Max M
TCB/John-

My father made a purchase using TCB on January 29, 2013.

Cookies and caches from all browsers were cleared prior to visiting TCB to make his purchase.

He filed a support ticket on February 9, 2013 as there was no indication of pending cashback. He received a canned, non-personalized response from TCB customer service saying that TCB would work on it.

April 16, 2013 he sent a "nudge" as TCB CS did not give a detailed response.

And with no response even in June 2013, he again sent a "nudge" on June 9, 2013--- again no response from TCB.

Is the lack of response because the expected cashback from the merchant is in excess of $200 and TCB doesn't feel obilgated to pay?

I hardly call nearly 6 months of attempting to get a solid response from TCB "customer service" as customer service.
Hi Max,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry your claim is not resolved yet.

Please could you either submit a support ticket www.topcashback.com/help/54 and we will look into your claim or provide your username here and I will look at your claim.

Many thanks,
Sally
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:42 am

Hi there,

www.topcashback.com is an American registered company.

If you have any other queries please contact us.

Many thanks,
Sally
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by TopCashbackUSA
Hi Max,

I am sorry your claim is not resolved yet.

Please could you either submit a support ticket www.topcashback.com/help/54 and we will look into your claim or provide your username here and I will look at your claim.

Many thanks,
Sally
This is where many of us are frustrated... We've submitted support tickets, have received no response, or have received a generic response. I understand that it may take time, however I think 6 months without a real response is horrible customer service.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:56 am

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your posts on here it is great to see your positive comments and feedback. As John mentioned in the previous post we are always striving to improve your experience on our site; so your comments and feedback on here help us to look at ways to improve our site for our members.

I am sorry that you are not happy about our service Kat007 please could you email me [email protected] FAO SALLY R.E Flyertalk. Please email with your account email address/username and I will look into your issue and try and resolve this for you.

kipper please could you also email me direct at [email protected] FAO SALLY R.E Flyertalk and I will look at your account.

Please keep posting your feedback and questions and we will do our best to help you out on here.

Many thanks,
Sally
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:13 am

I've had good success with TCB except for one Amex GC purchase and I am stuck in wait mode as well for that $40-60. Its kind of disappointing because I did file the ticket but there has been no resolution. I am leery of continuing to make big purchases until this gets cleared up. But I was good on about 30 purchases until I got clipped on the Amex GC.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by TopCashbackUSA
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your posts on here it is great to see your positive comments and feedback. As John mentioned in the previous post we are always striving to improve your experience on our site; so your comments and feedback on here help us to look at ways to improve our site for our members.

I am sorry that you are not happy about our service Kat007 please could you email me [email protected] FAO SALLY R.E Flyertalk. Please email with your account email address/username and I will look into your issue and try and resolve this for you.

kipper please could you also email me direct at [email protected] FAO SALLY R.E Flyertalk and I will look at your account.

Please keep posting your feedback and questions and we will do our best to help you out on here.

Many thanks,
Sally
Why don't you suggest your management to look at all the submitted tickets instead of resolving the tickets for FT members only when they complain in this thread.
I understand this could be an issue if the internal controls are so bad that the tickets are closed without any resolution.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 2:11 am

Hi Everyone,

That is a good suggestion by fandu. In fact, our management team have got together in the last few days, more or less directly as a result of the 10 or so people who are particularly unhappy on this thread.

Without always knowing exactly what the individual issues are, they have looked across the board at anything that they think could be improved.

Communication has clearly been an issue at times. Part of this may be to do with the systems we have in place for Missing Cashback claims compared to the systems we have in place for General Customer Enquiries. General Customer Enquiries are always responded to promptly. Missing Cashback claims however rely on us hearing back from the stores – so sometimes we may seem to be less responsive in dealing with these. We will therefore need to address this and try to communicate better exactly how the process works and what we are doing throughout the whole process.

As other cashback sites take a cut of your cashback (sometimes as much as half of it), it may well be the case that they have fallen into the habit of ‘paying off’ Missing Cashback claims – as theoretically, they may be able to afford to pay off almost every other claim. This is impossible for us to be able to do, as we pass back all of your cashback.

We are going to be approximately doubling the resources (man-hours) of our ‘Missing Cashback Claims’ team. This should allow our team to check that all communications are effective and correctly worded – and also proactively look for any Missing Cashback claims where someone may feel that an answer is needed. (Sadly, often we will only be able to say that we are still waiting to hear from the store – but at least we will be able to keep people better informed).

This will also give us the opportunity to look out for any really old claims, that have ‘fallen through the cracks’ and to see what we can do to sort those out.
We are also going to be reaching out to the affiliate networks, as we notice that the approved Missing Cashback claims percentage isn’t anywhere near as high in the USA as it is in the UK. We’re not sure why this might be – perhaps because other cashback sites have been in the habit of paying off claims out of their own pocket – meaning fully robust systems haven’t yet been put in place? Theoretically though, every cashback site uses the same tracking code, as provided by the same affiliate networks. So there should be no difference between any cashback website.

Finally, we are also hoping to bring in a transparent display of tracking statistics and Missing Cashback claim resolution rate on a store by store basis. This way, everyone will be able to see the performance of each store and make their own decision whether to go ahead or not. This may also help us to chase up any stores with particularly bad resolution rates in case there is a problem that might have been overlooked. Yes, this system also gives you guys ammunition to complain to us, and tell us that certain stores need to do better on our site. But we would welcome this feedback, as it keeps us on our toes and helps us all (ourselves, the affiliate networks and the stores) to get better.

We won’t be able to achieve all of this overnight – but we’re aiming to achieve most of this within the next month or two.

We hope that helps.

Many thanks,
TopCashback
Old Jun 27, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
I'm another long time satisfied customer of topcashback.co.uk. Never yet had an issue, although sometimes things take a while, which is outside their control.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: vi, PuTTY, XFE
Originally Posted by Max M
He filed a support ticket on February 9, 2013 as there was no indication of pending cashback. He received a canned, non-personalized response from TCB customer service saying that TCB would work on it.
Originally Posted by Kat007
Why would I write this person an email if he already told me he couldn`t do anything about it?
Originally Posted by kipper
This is where many of us are frustrated... We've submitted support tickets, have received no response, or have received a generic response.
To those who reported issues and have RECENTLY contacted TopCashback as instructed by the TopCashback reps in this thread please continue to post updates on any resolutions or attempts to resolve your issues.

Some of us are actually interested in this topic as long as the complaints are coming from those actively seeking a resolution.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
What tricks do we play?
Are we the "new" Nigerian princes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.