Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by jblpro5
Hey All,

Going to ask a question that has been brought up multiple times in this thread but I am hoping to get some more input from folks that have been to these props recently.

The new wife and I are headed on our honeymoon in January - the trip takes us to Thailand for a few days at the end of the month. I wanted to get any suggestions or tips on which property to book for a nice romantic, relaxing stay (although I do love a good swim in the ocean). At this point I think I am between the JW Khao Lak, JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, or Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa. I am only slightly leaning towards the JW Khao Lak at this point.

I was also looking at the Renaissance Koh Samui, however, I read that the beach there is a little shallow (also seems a little more tricky to get to), so I was looking for the other places above around Phuket.

I am plat if that means anything.

I have read through the last 15 pages of this thread and am slowly working my way back so I appologize if anyone repeats themselves.

I appreciate the help.

-J
The last time I stayed at the JW Phuket was about 10 years ago, before the timeshare units were built. I was platinum, stayed on points and was upgraded to a very nice ocean front suite. Breakfast was free.

Stayed at Ren Koh Samui last year as gold on points. Received upgraded room and free breakfast but no ocean view. Beach is right at the pool, not hard at all to reach. Unless you stay in the villas you will do some walking from the rooms to the restaurants and the oceanside pool. The lagoon scenery is nice, but the water is shallow and the entire area has rocks - not a great place for swimming.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 54austin
Hello,

Does the Ren or JW have a lounge that serves complimentary (for MR Gold) cocktails/canapes in the evening? Thanks.

JW KL just brought back their Happy hour from 6~7PM.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by HWN33
Thanks for posting this info. Does anyone have experience with hotels extending the breakfast for Plats to include one child (8 yrs old in our case)? In particular, I have a reservation at the JW Khao Lak.
HW

Most Thailand's Marriott properties do not charge children for breakfast. At least under 13, I can think of.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Couple of questions

1. We were headed to JW Mai Khao over Thanksgiving. I hear the rains are tapering off in November. Can anyone provide an update on how the weather was at that time of the year from past stays?

2. We are looking at the 1 bedroom pool suite at the JW. Any opinions on that?

Did the search through the thread and didn't find what I was looking for although searching through such a long thread isn't easy either

Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Just checked into a Pool Villa at the Ren Phuket and I must say, at first glance, I am disappointed.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucycan
Just checked into a Pool Villa at the Ren Phuket and I must say, at first glance, I am disappointed.
Amanpuri just a few km down the road recently launched a series of new pool villas so if you are disappointed you can always move as it isn't peak season yet.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:15 am

Did you get upgraded? Is breakfast included if you're platinum? What's disappointing about the hotel? I am contemplating making a booking there myself.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:50 pm

Did you get upgraded? Is breakfast included if you're platinum? What's disappointing about the hotel? I am contemplating making a booking there myself.[/QUOTE]

It is a great property if you don't have any children. You get upgraded with free breakfast here, no problem.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Yes, I was upgraded to a Pool Villa from a base room. Plats get free breakfast. My issues are with the room. I had to call 3 different maintenance people when we arrived to fix the door (lock was broken) lights (burnt out) massive swarms of ants, and a broken toilet (would not flush). On top of that the beach bar has a DJ that plays bass thumping music until midnight every night. There are no spring breakers here, only young families. The music was ridiculous as there was NO ONE in the bar. I called down to complain and they said "tough".

That said the pool is excellent, the pool bar great, and the beach is killer.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Headed there next week to the JW in a Pool Suite. How is the weather?

Yes, I was upgraded to a Pool Villa from a base room. Plats get free breakfast. My issues are with the room. I had to call 3 different maintenance people when we arrived to fix the door (lock was broken) lights (burnt out) massive swarms of ants, and a broken toilet (would not flush). On top of that the beach bar has a DJ that plays bass thumping music until midnight every night. There are no spring breakers here, only young families. The music was ridiculous as there was NO ONE in the bar. I called down to complain and they said "tough".

That said the pool is excellent, the pool bar great, and the beach is killer.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:02 am

[QUOTE=filelover;23840601]Headed there next week to the JW in a Pool Suite. How is the weather?

I've just got back from Phuket and Khao Lak tonight. Weather is nice though it does rain time to time.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Sitting in a pool suite now at the Ren. You're crazy if you don't like it. So you had mechanical problems, that happens in normal rooms but don't blame it on the room type.

For previous posters with questions:
- It rains daily but only for about 15 minutes so don't worry about it spoiling your vacation
- Someone asked which prop is better for romantic getaway -- Highly suggest the JW KL. It is the only prop on the stretch of beach, it is less crowded, in better shape than the JW Phuket, and not as noisy. If you want non-traditional romantic (ie you are younger) do the Ren Phuket and get a pool villa. Plats are regularly upgraded to these but the beach ones are better for $100 a night more.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:57 pm

I booked 3 rooms at Ren Phuket in Feb 2015. What can I expect as Gold? Will I get free breakfast for all three rooms? What is the chance of any upgrade? Seems everyone here is platinum, not sure whether gold get any benefit there.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Getting ready to leave for Marriott Beach Club Phuket.....

Quick question.......this hotel what type of power plug do I need?

From North AMerica and I have several European power plug adapters....
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by tasnam
Getting ready to leave for Marriott Beach Club Phuket.....

Quick question.......this hotel what type of power plug do I need?

From North AMerica and I have several European power plug adapters....
They have standard North American plugs BUT run 220v-as my MIL found out a few years ago when she plugged in a regular USA extension cord. MOST electronics are dual voltage. They will say 110/220 on them.

Have a great time! We are there Jan 18-25!

Last edited by Mr. Vker; Dec 17, 2014 at 8:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.