Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Doing Status Matches on Twitter! (11/19/15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: solewalker
On Thursday, November 19 at 12:43 PM EST, @HyattConcierge sent the following tweet via the Twitter social media platform:

"Looking for a new loyalty program? DM us and let’s talk."

12:43 PM EST - https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/status/667397894987767808
2:55 PM EST - https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/status/667431140815450112

Q: What was offered by Hyatt Gold Passport?
A: Hyatt Gold Passport offered a status match for qualifying elite status in qualifying hotel loyalty programs to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond. This status level remains valid through the end of February 2017.

Q: Which hotel loyalty programs? Which elite status level?
A: As of Friday, November 20 at 12:00 PM EST, it appears that requests with proof of elite status with almost any hotel loyalty program were matched to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond. It has been reported that Marriott Rewards Gold, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, and others were matched to Hyatt Diamond.

After Friday, November 20 at 12:00 PM EST, it appears that only some top-tier elite status level in some hotel loyalty programs were being matched, for example Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Platinum. There is no supporting evidence that any sort of cut-off date/time was implemented in actual denials. However, this is most likely due to the fact that requests made after the cut-off date/time have not yet been processed (refer to the "How long will it take" question below).

There are a number of reports that indicate being told by Hyatt representatives that there was a cut-off date/time and that the current status match is for SPG Platinum members only.

It seems there have been varied reports around what elite status and hotel loyalty program qualified, which ones didn't qualify, which level of Hyatt Gold Password was matched to, etc. More information should be available on November 24 when it is expected that the cut-off date/time is processed and the wiki will be updated as we have some additional reports roll in.

As always, YMMV.

Q: How does this differ from the previous Diamond Status Challenge or Diamond Fast Track offers?
A: The requirements for the current status match were: 1) proof of elite status with a qualifying hotel loyalty program and 2) proof of ONE stay during this calendar year. This is an outright status match not a status challenge.

Q: How long will it take for the status match to be applied?
A: As of November 24 at 1:30 AM EST, it appears that they have reviewed requests made up to around November 20 at 11:30 AM EST. The initial response was "within 48 hours," but that has since been extended to "within 14 days." Based on reports, it appears that requests are being processed on the weekends and late into the evenings (author note: my status match was processed at 1:30 AM EST).

Q: If I am matched to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond level, will I receive the Diamond Suite Upgrade awards?
A: Yes. As with any Diamond member, you will receive four DSU awards within one to two business days. These will expire at the end of February 2016. You can attach these to future reservations - past February 2016 - as long as they are used prior to their expiration - changes to the reservation may result in the loss of the expired DSU though. You will receive an additional four DSU awards next year for use by early March 2016 which will expire February 28, 2017. This is no different than any other Diamond member.

Q: If I currently have Diamond status, will Hyatt extend my status an additional year?
A: No. Hyatt is not offering extensions on existing Diamond status. Once again, this is based on reports from the community, so YMMV. Anything is possible if you ask; nothing is possible if you do not ask.

Q: If I previously attained Diamond level status through a Diamond Status Challenge or Diamond Fast Track offer, am I eligible for the current status match offer?
A: As long as you are not currently a Diamond member and meet the other qualifications, it appears you will be eligible for this offer. Previous status challenges should not affect this offer.

Q: Why would Hyatt make this kind of offer?
A: While the reasons can only be discussed as hypothetical situations, the recently announced acquisition of Starwood Hotels by Marriott Hotels and the subsequent disgruntled reaction from many SPG elite members most likely played a role. However, this is unconfirmed and merely speculation.

Q: I missed this promotion before. Is this promotion still active? If so, how do I request a status match?
A: At this time, there is no evidence to suggest the promotion has ended. To request the status match, email [email protected] with a screenshot of 1) proof of your current elite status level with a competing hotel loyalty program AND 2) proof of at least one stay during the current calendar year AND 3) your Hyatt GP membership number.

NOTE: It appears that only new requests from SPG Platinum members will receive the Diamond status match. This does not mean you should not try if you have some other type of status, but you should expect the request to be declined. Again, "YMMV" applies.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Doing Status Matches on Twitter! (11/19/15)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
In Hyatt's point of view one can get Ritz Platinum status by spending on the CC.

I don't think you can get Mariott Platinum by spending on an CC though yes they are the same company.
You can get Mariott Platinum by spending, but it takes a lot. You get one room night credit for every $3K, plus 15 for having the card. So you'd need to spend $180K.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
In Hyatt's point of view one can get Ritz Platinum status by spending on the CC.

I don't think you can get Mariott Platinum by spending on an CC though yes they are the same company.
Marriott credit card provides one elite night credit for each $3000 in spending on the card. Since the card provides 15 nights credit, one could get Marriott Platinum status by spending $180K.

With the Ritz-Carlton card, it takes $10K in spending for Gold and $75K for Platinum.

The Marriott and Ritz-Carlton programs are interchangeable and members can switch between the programs by calling. The only real difference is that one must usually be a member of the appropriate program in order to participate in promotions. In the past, Marriott had better promotions than Ritz-Carlton, but I prefer the RC double elite night credit that has been available recently.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:51 pm

For those who have twitted their request for Diamond upgrade before Hyatt shut their doors, all I can say is push back and persevere, and insist to be escalated to Hyatt Guest Relations.

I received rejections by email - thrice. Each time I pushed back to insist they honor.

Today, I finally received another email from Guest Relations sincerely apologizing for the issues I had encountered, and that having investigated that I indeed had contacted Hyatt via Twitter before noon CST on 20 Nov 2015, my Diamond upgrade is successful (matched from Hilton Diamond) until 28 Feb 2017.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
For those who have twitted their request for Diamond upgrade before Hyatt shut their doors, all I can say is push back and persevere, and insist to be escalated to Hyatt Guest Relations.

I received rejections by email - thrice. Each time I pushed back to insist they honor.

Today, I finally received another email from Guest Relations sincerely apologizing for the issues I had encountered, and that having investigated that I indeed had contacted Hyatt via Twitter before noon CST on 20 Nov 2015, my Diamond upgrade is successful (matched from Hilton Diamond) until 28 Feb 2017.
Something tells me the PH Vendome breakfast buffet will be quite crowded this year.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sethb
You can get Mariott Platinum by spending, but it takes a lot. You get one room night credit for every $3K, plus 15 for having the card. So you'd need to spend $180K.
True but someone can easily spend 75k while spending 180k is an different story.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hi guys, I just sent them evidence of the following memberships:

• Le Club Accor: Platinum
• IHG: Spire Elite
• Hilton Honors: Diamond

Do you think I will be matched at all? To which tier? Of course I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
True but someone can easily spend 75k while spending 180k is an different story.
This makes no sense... both of those spending levels are very high for a vast majority of people (and small businesses) out there. Differentiating between 75k and 180k seems a bit off. Both are a massive amount of spend.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 81romeo

Do you think I will be matched at all? To which tier? Of course I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.
Have you read the Wiki? They are only matching SPG Platinums to Diamond. You will only get matched to Hyatt Platinum.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by austin_modern
This makes no sense... both of those spending levels are very high for a vast majority of people (and small businesses) out there. Differentiating between 75k and 180k seems a bit off. Both are a massive amount of spend.
Both are massive but 180k is more than double.

Small business purchasers can easily reach 75k annually. 180k is harder depending on the size of the company.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: HH D, IHG G, SPG G
My friend (Hilton Gold) gets matched to Hyatt Diamond. I'm Hilton Diamond and get matched to Platinum. Logic? None. Lost business? Lots.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by 81romeo

My guess is you'll get matched to Platinum.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wildthing271
My friend (Hilton Gold) gets matched to Hyatt Diamond. I'm Hilton Diamond and get matched to Platinum. Logic? None. Lost business? Lots.
Did your friend request it the first day, and you didn't?
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:45 am
Suspended

Did your friend request it the first day, and you didn't?
I don't think it matters. The poster was arguing about the logic of it (or lack thereof) and he's completely right.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I don't think it matters. The poster was arguing about the logic of it (or lack thereof) and he's completely right.
Only by leaving out the key fact. They mis-stated their intent, and anybody who applied before they corrected it got the benefit.

Even though I lost out (Hilton Diamond, applied too late, already Hyatt Platinum so got nothing) I don't object to what they did.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:15 am
Suspended

I don't object to what they did.
From a business POV, what they did was stupid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.