Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Doing Status Matches on Twitter! (11/19/15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: solewalker
On Thursday, November 19 at 12:43 PM EST, @HyattConcierge sent the following tweet via the Twitter social media platform:

"Looking for a new loyalty program? DM us and let’s talk."

12:43 PM EST - https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/status/667397894987767808
2:55 PM EST - https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/status/667431140815450112

Q: What was offered by Hyatt Gold Passport?
A: Hyatt Gold Passport offered a status match for qualifying elite status in qualifying hotel loyalty programs to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond. This status level remains valid through the end of February 2017.

Q: Which hotel loyalty programs? Which elite status level?
A: As of Friday, November 20 at 12:00 PM EST, it appears that requests with proof of elite status with almost any hotel loyalty program were matched to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond. It has been reported that Marriott Rewards Gold, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, and others were matched to Hyatt Diamond.

After Friday, November 20 at 12:00 PM EST, it appears that only some top-tier elite status level in some hotel loyalty programs were being matched, for example Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Platinum. There is no supporting evidence that any sort of cut-off date/time was implemented in actual denials. However, this is most likely due to the fact that requests made after the cut-off date/time have not yet been processed (refer to the "How long will it take" question below).

There are a number of reports that indicate being told by Hyatt representatives that there was a cut-off date/time and that the current status match is for SPG Platinum members only.

It seems there have been varied reports around what elite status and hotel loyalty program qualified, which ones didn't qualify, which level of Hyatt Gold Password was matched to, etc. More information should be available on November 24 when it is expected that the cut-off date/time is processed and the wiki will be updated as we have some additional reports roll in.

As always, YMMV.

Q: How does this differ from the previous Diamond Status Challenge or Diamond Fast Track offers?
A: The requirements for the current status match were: 1) proof of elite status with a qualifying hotel loyalty program and 2) proof of ONE stay during this calendar year. This is an outright status match not a status challenge.

Q: How long will it take for the status match to be applied?
A: As of November 24 at 1:30 AM EST, it appears that they have reviewed requests made up to around November 20 at 11:30 AM EST. The initial response was "within 48 hours," but that has since been extended to "within 14 days." Based on reports, it appears that requests are being processed on the weekends and late into the evenings (author note: my status match was processed at 1:30 AM EST).

Q: If I am matched to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond level, will I receive the Diamond Suite Upgrade awards?
A: Yes. As with any Diamond member, you will receive four DSU awards within one to two business days. These will expire at the end of February 2016. You can attach these to future reservations - past February 2016 - as long as they are used prior to their expiration - changes to the reservation may result in the loss of the expired DSU though. You will receive an additional four DSU awards next year for use by early March 2016 which will expire February 28, 2017. This is no different than any other Diamond member.

Q: If I currently have Diamond status, will Hyatt extend my status an additional year?
A: No. Hyatt is not offering extensions on existing Diamond status. Once again, this is based on reports from the community, so YMMV. Anything is possible if you ask; nothing is possible if you do not ask.

Q: If I previously attained Diamond level status through a Diamond Status Challenge or Diamond Fast Track offer, am I eligible for the current status match offer?
A: As long as you are not currently a Diamond member and meet the other qualifications, it appears you will be eligible for this offer. Previous status challenges should not affect this offer.

Q: Why would Hyatt make this kind of offer?
A: While the reasons can only be discussed as hypothetical situations, the recently announced acquisition of Starwood Hotels by Marriott Hotels and the subsequent disgruntled reaction from many SPG elite members most likely played a role. However, this is unconfirmed and merely speculation.

Q: I missed this promotion before. Is this promotion still active? If so, how do I request a status match?
A: At this time, there is no evidence to suggest the promotion has ended. To request the status match, email [email protected] with a screenshot of 1) proof of your current elite status level with a competing hotel loyalty program AND 2) proof of at least one stay during the current calendar year AND 3) your Hyatt GP membership number.

NOTE: It appears that only new requests from SPG Platinum members will receive the Diamond status match. This does not mean you should not try if you have some other type of status, but you should expect the request to be declined. Again, "YMMV" applies.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Doing Status Matches on Twitter! (11/19/15)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Globehopper
At the time I requested the status match, and based upon the posts I read prior to my request, there was no mention of a need to send proof of a 2015 stay. I did send in the screenshot.

That said, in my request, I did mention the name of a recent Hyatt stay (just days earlier) as a sample of my good faith effort to direct more business to Hyatt.
What they were asking for was proof of stay with the competitor you were matching with, not proof of a stay with Hyatt.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by austin_modern
for a year or two... then never again, assuming the companies continue their rules of only 1 challenge per customer.
Hyatt and Hilton have been allowing repeated challenges per customer account. And there is nothing to stop many people from draining out an account, demanding an account closure and then starting a new account with many of these companies.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Re: #975, you sent in proof of SPG Platinum plus proof of at least one 2015 *Starwood* stay?

After a certain date, the proof-of-stay thing was how Hyatt started weeding out the no-stay elites.

(EDIT: I see I was beaten to the punch by #976.)
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
What they were asking for was proof of stay with the competitor you were matching with, not proof of a stay with Hyatt.

Didn't realize, since I was traveling and didn't see the requirement for a proof of stay.

That said, my SPG screenshot included both recent past stays and forthcoming bookings. Maybe I need to send a different, more detailed screenshot.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Didn't realize, since I was traveling and didn't see the requirement for a proof of stay.

That said, my SPG screenshot included both recent past stays and forthcoming bookings. Maybe I need to send a different, more detailed screenshot.
Or, as I postulated earier, they may not be offering Diamond status to anybody any more.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:44 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

For those who were matched to Platinum/Diamond, do you know if a new membership card will be sent in the post (and, if so, roughly how long it takes)?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by paul00
For those who were matched to Platinum/Diamond, do you know if a new membership card will be sent in the post (and, if so, roughly how long it takes)?
I have not received a card. Is the app sufficient for proof of status?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I am Lifetime SPG Platinum and currently have Hyatt Platinum (via Hyatt credit card). Today I received this email (after several days of processing) from Hyatt (original formatting retained):

Good Afternoon Globehopper,

Thank you so much for your email to Hyatt Gold Passport.
I apologize for the delay and any frustrations that this may have
caused. Thank you so much for reaching out regarding the tier match
offer that we have offered. Currently, you are eligible for the Platinum
status based on your status with the competing hotel. You are currently
at the Platinum level with Hyatt Gold Passport. We are unable to upgrade
your status any further as you are holding Platinum status with us
currently. We are always evaluating our offers based on the needs of our
guests and business needs. We are exploring new options for the future
to help make maintaining status more exciting.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

__

Based upon that poorly worded and incomprehensible reply, I cannot tell if the Hyatt rep thinks that SPG Platinum = Hyatt Platinum, or that they are simply no longer matching SPG Plats to Hyatt Diamonds because of a policy change.
Someone else posted something similar as well. It appears as if they are denying you because you already have some status with Hyatt. They wanted "new" customers. However, I would definitely appeal since SPG Plat is specifically what they are matching. You having platinum already shouldn't matter (esp from a CC). I have not heard anything about them stopping the Diamond matches. If so, they would have stated that specifically in your email rather than this long response.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Someone else posted something similar as well. It appears as if they are denying you because you already have some status with Hyatt. They wanted "new" customers. However, I would definitely appeal since SPG Plat is specifically what they are matching. You having platinum already shouldn't matter (esp from a CC). I have not heard anything about them stopping the Diamond matches. If so, they would have stated that specifically in your email rather than this long response.
Thats correct. They denied me as I have platinum status from CC. but my wife was matched to diamond as she did not have any status. we both submitted IHG plat amb statements right when this thing started
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:52 am

Now matched!

Update to prior posts...

Spoke with Hyatt guest relations. Explained situation. They said I should have been upgraded to Diamond.

They also said that since the initial offer, there have been several changes in what is required to qualify. The latest change I was told is that new applicants on or after 12/5 must be both SPG Platinum and have 20 or more stays (presumably in 2015). Since applied around 2 weeks ago, I did not have to meet the latest qualification.

I mentioned that as Lifetime Plat I didn't have (or need the 20 stays). They admitted that Life Plats required special attention because of that. Those who are Life Plats that did not get the match may want to call Hyatt and request a review.

I did ask whether holding any lower status with Hyatt would preclude a SPG Plat from getting the Diamond match; I was told that shouldn't be reason for disqualification. So those who posted they have Hyatt Plat status may want to call Hyatt and request a review.

My account has been updated to the new status.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:04 pm

Smells like a dressing exercise.
Loyal and larger customer base = better sale price
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr
I have not received a card. Is the app sufficient for proof of status?
Yes. I just took a screenshot of my iOS card.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Accor, SPGCorp, BA, Virgin
Hyatt Status Match Customer Service

I recently found out about the Hyatt Status Match opportunity and as a Hilton Gold member decided to try it out (as I have an upcoming stay at a Hyatt Regency).

I sent off the screenshot of my Hilton Gold status together with my stays over the last year.

I received a reply saying that as I was Gold, they would only match me to Platinum. Fair enough. They then wanted to see a recent stay with my name on it as the Hilton website doesn't show names against stays.

I sent off a recent folio for my stay at a Waldorf Astoria.

A few days later, I get a reply saying that they only match people with Elite status at Hilton, IHG etc and that they couldn't offer me a match at this time.

It almost seems as though:

1/ They didn't read the email trail to see that I was a Hilton Gold Member
2/ They didn't know that Waldorf Astoria is part of the Hilton brand.

I'm fairly new to Hyatt. Is this the usual level of their customer service at the reward desk and should I expect this level of service were I to stay more at Hyatt using the reward desk? I have always found the hotels themselves to be great (I typically use Regency's but not that often).
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Mail service is always a bit spotty.

I've found that the best service comes from those on the social media front lines. Send a DM to Gold Passport Concierge and they should be able to set things straight.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:59 am

Could be much simpler. Hopefully they are learning...

Last edited by dbeach247; Dec 10, 2015 at 8:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.