Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Doing Status Matches on Twitter! (11/19/15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: solewalker
On Thursday, November 19 at 12:43 PM EST, @HyattConcierge sent the following tweet via the Twitter social media platform:

"Looking for a new loyalty program? DM us and let’s talk."

12:43 PM EST - https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/status/667397894987767808
2:55 PM EST - https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/status/667431140815450112

Q: What was offered by Hyatt Gold Passport?
A: Hyatt Gold Passport offered a status match for qualifying elite status in qualifying hotel loyalty programs to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond. This status level remains valid through the end of February 2017.

Q: Which hotel loyalty programs? Which elite status level?
A: As of Friday, November 20 at 12:00 PM EST, it appears that requests with proof of elite status with almost any hotel loyalty program were matched to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond. It has been reported that Marriott Rewards Gold, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, and others were matched to Hyatt Diamond.

After Friday, November 20 at 12:00 PM EST, it appears that only some top-tier elite status level in some hotel loyalty programs were being matched, for example Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Platinum. There is no supporting evidence that any sort of cut-off date/time was implemented in actual denials. However, this is most likely due to the fact that requests made after the cut-off date/time have not yet been processed (refer to the "How long will it take" question below).

There are a number of reports that indicate being told by Hyatt representatives that there was a cut-off date/time and that the current status match is for SPG Platinum members only.

It seems there have been varied reports around what elite status and hotel loyalty program qualified, which ones didn't qualify, which level of Hyatt Gold Password was matched to, etc. More information should be available on November 24 when it is expected that the cut-off date/time is processed and the wiki will be updated as we have some additional reports roll in.

As always, YMMV.

Q: How does this differ from the previous Diamond Status Challenge or Diamond Fast Track offers?
A: The requirements for the current status match were: 1) proof of elite status with a qualifying hotel loyalty program and 2) proof of ONE stay during this calendar year. This is an outright status match not a status challenge.

Q: How long will it take for the status match to be applied?
A: As of November 24 at 1:30 AM EST, it appears that they have reviewed requests made up to around November 20 at 11:30 AM EST. The initial response was "within 48 hours," but that has since been extended to "within 14 days." Based on reports, it appears that requests are being processed on the weekends and late into the evenings (author note: my status match was processed at 1:30 AM EST).

Q: If I am matched to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond level, will I receive the Diamond Suite Upgrade awards?
A: Yes. As with any Diamond member, you will receive four DSU awards within one to two business days. These will expire at the end of February 2016. You can attach these to future reservations - past February 2016 - as long as they are used prior to their expiration - changes to the reservation may result in the loss of the expired DSU though. You will receive an additional four DSU awards next year for use by early March 2016 which will expire February 28, 2017. This is no different than any other Diamond member.

Q: If I currently have Diamond status, will Hyatt extend my status an additional year?
A: No. Hyatt is not offering extensions on existing Diamond status. Once again, this is based on reports from the community, so YMMV. Anything is possible if you ask; nothing is possible if you do not ask.

Q: If I previously attained Diamond level status through a Diamond Status Challenge or Diamond Fast Track offer, am I eligible for the current status match offer?
A: As long as you are not currently a Diamond member and meet the other qualifications, it appears you will be eligible for this offer. Previous status challenges should not affect this offer.

Q: Why would Hyatt make this kind of offer?
A: While the reasons can only be discussed as hypothetical situations, the recently announced acquisition of Starwood Hotels by Marriott Hotels and the subsequent disgruntled reaction from many SPG elite members most likely played a role. However, this is unconfirmed and merely speculation.

Q: I missed this promotion before. Is this promotion still active? If so, how do I request a status match?
A: At this time, there is no evidence to suggest the promotion has ended. To request the status match, email [email protected] with a screenshot of 1) proof of your current elite status level with a competing hotel loyalty program AND 2) proof of at least one stay during the current calendar year AND 3) your Hyatt GP membership number.

NOTE: It appears that only new requests from SPG Platinum members will receive the Diamond status match. This does not mean you should not try if you have some other type of status, but you should expect the request to be declined. Again, "YMMV" applies.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Doing Status Matches on Twitter! (11/19/15)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt G, Marriott LG, SQ *G
SPG Plat/HH Diamond, requested match on 11/26, got confirmation 12/7.

Have always liked Hyatt properties. Looking forward to giving them more of a whirl this year.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fakeman
Saw from loyaltylobby that Hyatt no longer match people to Diamond....only Platinum.....anyone can confirm this?
Had tweeted to Hyatt after the noon cutover but the same day and was denied. Now denied again today after sending email. They said they were only matching to Hyatt Platinum which I have from CC.

But I got a quick response from Hilton and the match to Diamond.

So plans to stay at Hyatt's has now switched to Hilton as a option to Marriott.

With Marriott & Starwood merger, and now Hilton Diamond, no reason to stay at a Hyatt. Nice but Hyatt lounges have declined and not as good as Marriott, in my view.

Examples - 2 months ago stayed at the following hotels (shared Hyatt with Diamond friend) and these are prime Hyatt properties in Asia:

With respect to lounges:

Sky City Marriott Hong Kong - excellent lounge with lots of food choices
JW Marriott Hong Kong - top lounge with excellent food - 3 times a day

Grand Hyatt Tokyo - skimpy food - not that good. Salad good.
Hyatt Regency Tokyo - bad food, minimal. Food items only served by ordering and then very skimpy choice.
Hyatt Regency Hong Kong - again, minimal food, not that good.

Park Hyatt Tokyo - no lounge
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong - not there but heard it has better lounge, but not on scale of JWMarriott. Grand Hyatt is a convention hotel in HKG.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:02 pm
Suspended

The food was terrible — and the portions were so small!

Jokes aside, it's kind of odd that people who supposedly had a low opinion of Hyatt even bothered with the Diamond match.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cova
With respect to lounges:

The Peak Bar/Lounge serves as a de facto club lounge from 5 to 9pm.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Hyatt Regency Hong Kong - again, minimal food, not that good.

I dont know if you have been actually there in both places.
The Food at the HR Tsim Sah Tsui is really ok, peaple tend to hang out all over the evening there and the food is often gone at the end. Good bar also.

And at the PH Tokyo you have a 4 Hour open bar every evening with a small seletcion of food but includes a a whole menu card of cocktails . The food and drinks are in good not in excellent quality, but there are free. The Breakkie there is top notch, so in both places there is no need to worry about diamond benefits.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:18 am
Suspended

Anyone who stays at PH Tokyo and leaves complaining is clearly someone who cannot be pleased. I wouldn't trust their opinion in the least.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The only thing mentioned was that PH Tokyo has no lounge (and Hailstorm corrected that), I see no complaint there.....

And look at the PH Tokyo thread. Good hotel but not without its faults sometimes.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RTW1
Good hotel ....
Great iconic hotel. Not good hotel.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by jsk1973
The food was terrible — and the portions were so small!

Jokes aside, it's kind of odd that people who supposedly had a low opinion of Hyatt even bothered with the Diamond match.
I said not that good (not terrible) Both the Grand Hyatt Tokyo and the Hyatt Regency Hong Kong ration the food by having someone walk around and pass it out. The hot items are not at the counter.

(although Marriott in Sydney has started doing that as well - rationing, by passing out).

I like the Hyatt rooms and gym/spa facilities. But they have started to skimp on lounge and service has declined in some cases.

Was hoping for match since I am traveling with a FT group in an upcoming trip and plans are to stay at Hyatt in international destinations. But I find Hyatt is generally more expensive for marginal benefits.

We are getting off topic here.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I said not that good (not terrible) Both the Grand Hyatt Tokyo and the Hyatt Regency Hong Kong ration the food by having someone walk around and pass it out. The hot items are not at the counter.
All the hot items were on the counter during my stay at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo back in September.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
The Peak Bar/Lounge serves as a de facto club lounge from 5 to 9pm.
Know that - but it is not really a lounge.

Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
I dont know if you have been actually there in both places.
The Food at the HR Tsim Sah Tsui is really ok, peaple tend to hang out all over the evening there and the food is often gone at the end. Good bar also.

And at the PH Tokyo you have a 4 Hour open bar every evening with a small seletcion of food but includes a a whole menu card of cocktails . The food and drinks are in good not in excellent quality, but there are free. The Breakkie there is top notch, so in both places there is no need to worry about diamond benefits.
Stayed at HR Tsim Sah Tsui - food OK - but not great and limited - (when compared to JW Marriott for example). At least at this hotel they do not ration the items by having someone pass them around. This hotel shares the building with a condo and shares the pool, etc with the condos.

Stayed at all above, not the Park Hyatt Tokyo - but did a complete tour of the facility with someone from hotel, and with friend who stayed there several times who also showed me around in addition to the staff. Beautiful hotel, but no private lounge. Yes free drinks in the bar and some food item. I think the best item there is the buffet lunch - which is around $50 for lunch - that is a good deal. But at the prices the hotel charges for rooms - is it really worth it? Yes good value for points or cash/points - but overpriced otherwise.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Got my status match granted yesterday to Diamond from SPG Plat.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Great iconic hotel. Not good hotel.
You're living in the past..... time marches on, and not all of us are impressed that a movie has been made here.
Simply look at the review thread and see what is bothering people. Good, sometimes great, and sometimes not so good....
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by fakeman
Saw from loyaltylobby that Hyatt no longer match people to Diamond....only Platinum.....anyone can confirm this?
SPG Platinum matches to Hyatt Diamond, other statuses can match to Hyatt Platinum. This was according to the letter I got last week.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by skrosvik
Got both Hyatt Diamond and Hilton Diamond last week, matched from SPG Platinum. Took about one week. Hard choices next year - where to go.
Look at it the other way - no matter where you go, you'll be top tier guest, so you can chose the most convenient/best/etc hotel for each of your stays.

I face the same choices and feel good! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.