Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Those who succeed you can now change your signature to Hyatt Diamond "For Life". Nice. This should be one of the greatest deals if Chase/Hyatt honors it.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Many overseas member would appreciate a Hyatt cc with same t&cs as the US card. But this remains a dream so far.
Don't you think Hyatt would LOVE to offer such a product in as many markets as possible? They are getting spoonfed with cash from Chase because US Customers bring substantial revenue for the bank through interest payments. Maybe not all (I would assume many Hyatt Customers are financially affluent and pay off their card in full but some use it indeed as a line of credit).

The fact is, it is not Hyatt's fault that card is not an option in other parts of the world. It costs quiet some money for a bank to launch a new product and they only do that if you have a pretty big group as potential customers. If Hyatt would approach a bank in lets say germany and ask them to launch a card like this the bank will ask ok how many customers do you have, how many of those are status customers? I can guarantee you the pool will not be very big. In germany most people don't tend to hold many credit cards and those who do hold cards (especially travel related cards of premium brands) do not use it as a line of credit. You get where I am going with this. It makes no economical sense for a bank to engage in such a deal. There is not a lot of potential if any.

However I think Hyatt could do something for their overseas customers and try to make a deal with American Express Membership Rewards. I know they are SPG Partner in some markets but not sure how exclusive that partnership is and if this is worldwide. Many of us are Amex customers so that would be at least a bit of gratification for the lost souls.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Skywalker,

what about contacting the Attorney General of California again?

Oh wait, you did that to get back at Hilton and not Hyatt, right?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Yes - we are all customers and have choice on where we spend our money. If one doesn't like it, one can take their business elsewhere (SPG, Marriott, Hilton, etc)
Agreed. But I'm at the same time Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum and Hilton Diamond so I already diversify my business. I don't like Marriott and IMHO there are only a few decent IHG Options plus their program is too inconsistent to me.

SPG offers a card in Canada now which is pretty decent but their redemptions are not the greatest with some exceptions (I talked about this earlier here - no need to repeat myself).

There is the saying 'There are only bad options - it's about finding the best one." I take it with humor and consider it a game.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FD1971
Skywalker,

what about contacting the Attorney General of California again?

Oh wait, you did that to get back at Hilton and not Hyatt, right?
Correct! Always effective.

As of now I don't see how the AG would care about this case unless Hyatt/Chase refuse to honor the offer made to the recipients of said email. Before running to an attorney I would always suggest contacting the Attorney General, in fact if you have already legal action pending this avenue is closed so think about it twice before getting a lawyer involved. That is the nuclear option and should be seen as the last resort.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:28 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Dear FlyerTalk Members:

We'd like to apologize for an erroneous email sent yesterday to some Diamond members regarding the Hyatt Credit Card. This email had a statement that the Hyatt Credit Card includes Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond status, which was incorrect. The Hyatt Credit Card includes Platinum status.

All of us here at Hyatt Gold Passport are disappointed that we sent a communication that was not correct, and we are taking the necessary steps to make sure that this does not happen again.

We hold our elite membership in high esteem, and we know our Diamond members are proud of their tier achievement. Please accept our sincere apologies, and if you have any questions, you may call our Diamond Customer Service line at 1-800-544-9288 or email [email protected].

Sincerely,

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Team
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
fun = over.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalk Members:

We'd like to apologize for an erroneous email sent yesterday to some Diamond members regarding the Hyatt Credit Card. This email had a statement that the Hyatt Credit Card includes Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond status, which was incorrect. The Hyatt Credit Card includes Platinum status.

All of us here at Hyatt Gold Passport are disappointed that we sent a communication that was not correct, and we are taking the necessary steps to make sure that this does not happen again.

We hold our elite membership in high esteem, and we know our Diamond members are proud of their tier achievement. Please accept our sincere apologies, and if you have any questions, you may call our Diamond Customer Service line at 1-800-544-9288 or email [email protected].

Sincerely,

Getting my popcorn and subscribing to this thread. Should be entertaining.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, SPG Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Originally Posted by MrBill64
Well for what it is worth I applied through the link and was approved. Some data points: I am only a gold member and didn't receive the offer via email. First time applying for this card. I changed the landing page to show my name and gp number and saved it. Who knows, if if I don't get diamond status I will call and forward that screen shot.

I will update when I know if receive diamond status. I am not counting on that but since I was going to apply for this card early next year, I figured this was worth a shot.
How do you change the landing page to show your Gp and name?

Nvm guess its over.

Last edited by Justtony; Nov 15, 2013 at 8:37 am Reason: Read the update
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Justtony
How do you change the landing page to show your Gp and name?
edit the link. you can see santa, gmail.com, santa, clause, GP#, and miles....

Of course, may not matter since this offer appears erroneous.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by austin_modern
fun = over.
I have a feeling it just begins!

@ GP Concierge: Good luck, I fear this will get messy/expensive.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:42 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I don't think that this is kosher, but would appreciate GP concierge (or someone) to come in here officially and confirm that this is rubbish.... otherwise we'll all wonder...

so - say it ain't so, Jeff
Dear FlyerTalk Members:

Sincerely,

Thanks guys.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

I agree - will be interesting to see how many folks who got the original email and applied for what was advertised. Will be interesting to see how this unravels.

I'm actually happy it was erroneous, cause its one thing to give away plat status and an entirely different thing to give away top tier for $75/yr. I was actually a little butthurt looking at my staycount this year this morning when I was booking a couple hotel stays for next week.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

+1

Class Action?

Count me in.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:48 am

Dear FlyerTalk Members:

We'd like to apologize for an erroneous email sent yesterday to some Diamond members regarding the Hyatt Credit Card.
Thanks. That's a relief.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.