FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:10 am
skywalkerLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Many overseas member would appreciate a Hyatt cc with same t&cs as the US card. But this remains a dream so far.
Don't you think Hyatt would LOVE to offer such a product in as many markets as possible? They are getting spoonfed with cash from Chase because US Customers bring substantial revenue for the bank through interest payments. Maybe not all (I would assume many Hyatt Customers are financially affluent and pay off their card in full but some use it indeed as a line of credit).

The fact is, it is not Hyatt's fault that card is not an option in other parts of the world. It costs quiet some money for a bank to launch a new product and they only do that if you have a pretty big group as potential customers. If Hyatt would approach a bank in lets say germany and ask them to launch a card like this the bank will ask ok how many customers do you have, how many of those are status customers? I can guarantee you the pool will not be very big. In germany most people don't tend to hold many credit cards and those who do hold cards (especially travel related cards of premium brands) do not use it as a line of credit. You get where I am going with this. It makes no economical sense for a bank to engage in such a deal. There is not a lot of potential if any.

However I think Hyatt could do something for their overseas customers and try to make a deal with American Express Membership Rewards. I know they are SPG Partner in some markets but not sure how exclusive that partnership is and if this is worldwide. Many of us are Amex customers so that would be at least a bit of gratification for the lost souls.