[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2009, 9:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Give Fairmont some time. They are well established in North America but have just started to develop internationally. In China they just opened the Fairmont Beijing and are redeveloping the Peace Hotel to be opened in 2010. Also a resort property is opening somewhere also.

Macao is also rumored to be opening on the cotai strip, but that may be on hold. As for HKG, the only thing I can see is a new development for Fairmont somewhere in the Kowloon side maybe around the Kowloon station area but Fairmont usually likes to be in a more central location and HK is pretty developed.

Anything can happen though as they can always rebrand an existing hotel.
Old May 21, 2009, 10:31 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
In such a dense area, I'm sure the only way Fairmont would eventually have a property in HK would be if they re-branded a hotel.
Old May 22, 2009, 1:22 am

Programs: Yes please
Beat the ninety-day rule

I have found a way of beating the ninety-day rule; first, make the reservation at the hotel for an arrival within the ninety days using code NFAF (don't forget the Booker ID!), then change the dates to those you actually want. It works!
Old May 22, 2009, 2:25 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by SouthOxon
I have found a way of beating the ninety-day rule; first, make the reservation at the hotel for an arrival within the ninety days using code NFAF (don't forget the Booker ID!), then change the dates to those you actually want. It works!
Well until the word gets out of how to circumvent the 90 day rule
Old May 22, 2009, 2:49 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
A little OT but everyone with Fairmont stays might want to check their CC statement closely as I was billed for mini-bar items even though we didn't consume any mini-bar products at the Fairmont Chicago after a stay last weekend. The total charges were almost $65

Called to get resolved and the accounting dept is going to look into it...what are the chances this charge will be reversed?
Old May 22, 2009, 3:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by epost77
A little OT but everyone with Fairmont stays might want to check their CC statement closely as I was billed for mini-bar items even though we didn't consume any mini-bar products at the Fairmont Chicago after a stay last weekend. The total charges were almost $65

Called to get resolved and the accounting dept is going to look into it...what are the chances this charge will be reversed?
your chances of getting the mini-bar charges reversed are excellent. just let their accounting team get to it and you should see a credit soon.
Old May 22, 2009, 3:04 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by edmonton2001
your chances of getting the mini-bar charges reversed are excellent. just let their accounting team get to it and you should see a credit soon.
Thanks for the great news^
Old May 22, 2009, 3:15 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by epost77

VERY likely. I happen to know exactly how it works. The guest is ALWAYS right. I've seen/heard of all different types of schemes people have pulled on us with the mini-bar and we've had to let it go just because we don't want to accuse the guest even though we think they DID use the items.
Old May 22, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat
Hello - I have a quick question re. the general Fairmont policy re. guaranteeing reservations with C Cards and the NFAF fully refundable rate.

If I book using the NFAF code (and booker ID!) what will be taken on my card - the full amount, or the first night or something else? Would I be correct in thinking it would be nothing if the NFAF code produces a refundable, non mandatory deposit rate for a particular hotel on a particular date?

I assume my card is checked and may have a temporary hold on the funds, but what if the reservation is in the latter part of the 90 period?

Looking at the help section on the Fairmont site and through this thread doesn't seem to help, unless I've missed something!
Old May 22, 2009, 10:23 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by rtwflyer
Hello - I have a quick question re. the general Fairmont policy re. guaranteeing reservations with C Cards and the NFAF fully refundable rate.

If I book using the NFAF code (and booker ID!) what will be taken on my card - the full amount, or the first night or something else? Would I be correct in thinking it would be nothing if the NFAF code produces a refundable, non mandatory deposit rate for a particular hotel on a particular date?

I assume my card is checked and may have a temporary hold on the funds, but what if the reservation is in the latter part of the 90 period?

Looking at the help section on the Fairmont site and through this thread doesn't seem to help, unless I've missed something!
So far all the NFAF stays I booked have not required a deposit of ANY kind. As long as I cancel before the deadline (shown as you progress through the reservation), there would be no charge.

Maybe some hotels impose a deposit, but personally I have not come across it -- and I've booked quite a few stays. YMMV. But if a deposit is required, etc., it is highly visible on the screen BEFORE you finalize your reservation.
Old May 22, 2009, 10:27 am

My family and I just returned from a four night stay at the Fairmont Turnberry Isle in Miami. It was simply beautiful!! Thanks a bunch NYX...
Old May 22, 2009, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I've booked rooms at the Maui Fairmont and Sonoma Fairmont, both had deposits, with full payment required at time of booking, but cancellation at 15 and 21 days out respectively, so be on the look out for that. Indeed, it was well indicated on the reservation pages, but it is something to watch out for and TRACK the dates when you have to cancel by.

Plaza did NOT require a prepayment, but a same day cancellation was necessary if I didn't want to be charged for the one night.
Old May 22, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by nmenaker
I've booked rooms at the Maui Fairmont and Sonoma Fairmont, both had deposits, with full payment required at time of booking, but cancellation at 15 and 21 days out respectively, so be on the look out for that. Indeed, it was well indicated on the reservation pages, but it is something to watch out for and TRACK the dates when you have to cancel by.

Plaza did NOT require a prepayment, but a same day cancellation was necessary if I didn't want to be charged for the one night.
Yes, yes, indeed. Do make sure to take note of whatever cancellation policies before confirming the reservation. And it's not just NFAF either. I have found sometimes hotels have very extended cancellation deadlines far before actual arrival. Especially so for "resort" type places.
Old May 22, 2009, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat
thanks all for the reponses - very helpful ^

will take notice of the cancellation dates etc.
Old May 22, 2009, 1:43 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Ugh.. I wish these rates had been prepaid.. The dollar is plunging, when I made my res.s the CAD was $0.79.. now it's at $0.89. Just about to leave for my Vancouver/Banff/Lake Louise/Calgary trip tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.