Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old May 8, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by joet00
$119/night.

Thanks nyx.t2t!!!

Ironically, I'm there for work at the end of June; paying $30 more (required corporate rate for work).
This is why Fairmont Hotels and Resorts really wants to keep the rates unpublished and unadvertised. The friends and family rates are lower then many corporate rates and the big companies arnt supposed to find out

And thats why the friends and family rate is supposed to be for leisure only but thats hard to keep track of too...

anyways, have fun!
Old May 8, 2009, 3:23 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Hi everyone! I'm happy that you are all having great success with your reservations and getting great rates! But please DO NOT POST ANY RATES for this promo (and if possible remove them from your previous posts) as this is one of the big NO NOs stated in the terms and conditions. Even if it's to brag or show how great of deal you got. I'd hate to have myself or any other Fairmont in employees get into any trouble and even worse, have this promo removed by Fairmont.

Thanks for your co-operation and I'd love to continue hearing about all your success stories (minus posting of your rate ). Keep your PMs coming
Old May 8, 2009, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Hi everyone! I'm happy that you are all having great success with your reservations and getting great rates! But please DO NOT POST ANY RATES for this promo (and if possible remove them from your previous posts) as this is one of the big NO NOs stated in the terms and conditions. Even if it's to brag or show how great of deal you got. I'd hate to have myself or any other Fairmont in employees get into any trouble and even worse, have this promo removed by Fairmont.
I thought the prohibition from disclosing rates only extends to Fairmont employees? Don't see why FTers can't mention what rate was booked.
Old May 8, 2009, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by tcook052
I thought the prohibition from disclosing rates only extends to Fairmont employees? Don't see why FTers can't mention what rate was booked.
Agreed. The public have never been provided T + C's for this promo (obviously), so I also thought that was for employees only as well. Maybe one of you can clarify by typing out that portion of the T+C?

Thanks
Old May 8, 2009, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Agreed. The public have never been provided T + C's for this promo (obviously), so I also thought that was for employees only as well. Maybe one of you can clarify by typing out that portion of the T+C?

Thanks
This is true but it the responsibility of the person who gives out their booking ID code to make sure the rates aren't posted by who they distribute their rates to. A few of the rates that were online were suspended for this reason because their rate was distributed to people who eventually posted it on travel sites with rates. I just want to be safe rather than sorry. If there's any question, why risk it, am i wrong?
Old May 8, 2009, 7:03 pm

That's the least we can do. It's because of your generosity that many of us now have this great opportunity. Just hope I can return the favor one day.
Old May 8, 2009, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Rate Change in existing Booking

I realized that in one booking the rate changed (+ ~10 USD) .

Is this only with my bookings?
Old May 8, 2009, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by nissan motor
I realized that in one booking the rate changed (+ ~10 USD) .

Is this only with my bookings?
Did you make any changes to it? Or did it just randomly change on you on the page with your reservations?
Old May 8, 2009, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
This is true but it the responsibility of the person who gives out their booking ID code to make sure the rates aren't posted by who they distribute their rates to. A few of the rates that were online were suspended for this reason because their rate was distributed to people who eventually posted it on travel sites with rates. I just want to be safe rather than sorry. If there's any question, why risk it, am i wrong?
Great point. Why ruin a good thing
Old May 8, 2009, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Great point. Why ruin a good thing
haha i just realized I used the wrong word in that post a few times. Should've been 'by who they distribute their CODE to' and 'a few of the CODES were suspended'. I'm sure you all understood what I meant though.
Old May 9, 2009, 2:47 am
Suspended

Did you make any changes to it? Or did it just randomly change on you on the page with your reservations?
I did not change anything at all. I only realized the price change when I checked my reservation online.
Old May 9, 2009, 5:34 am

That's very odd. If you're that worried about it, I'd call them up and ask them about it. Tell them that a big reason why you booked in the first place because of the rate you were getting. I'm sure they'll adjust it for you if it's only about $10. You're the first to have this happen on here with this promo so I don't really have any advice to give you on that. :S Anyone else?

Originally Posted by nissan motor
I did not change anything at all. I only realized the price change when I checked my reservation online.
Old May 9, 2009, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin
END DATE?

Hi Guys, is this promo definitely ending end of dec. I have a big holiday planned for jan and would love to Fairmont it.. can anyone advise?
Old May 9, 2009, 7:05 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
The "Promo" isn't F&F rates. The promo is paying staff for their F&F bookings.

The F&F program has been a constant with Fairmont for a very long time. Don't expect this to chage for January.

I'd also like to make a point and assumptions I've made based on experience booking these rates. F&F program has a base and a sliding rate. If occupancy rises past a certain point, the rate rises. For instance, at one property I see a $139 rate, but the night I require is a busy night at $189. It's not that the F&F rate has risen, but that it floats in a certain range. Better paying a higher rate on a busy night than not offering it that evening (which is their other choice). Perhaps that's why they don't want employees posting rates. I see no harm in comparing what we've booked though.
Old May 9, 2009, 8:02 am

Arrival Date

So, am I correct that only the arrival date has to be within the 90 day window when you book?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.