Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old May 13, 2009, 3:08 pm

There are Fairmont employees on this thread that will share their info with you. They're easy to spot and very helpful.
Old May 13, 2009, 3:41 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Ah.. so much for double dipping.. I booked on fairmont.com via the cashbaq shopping portal; the points/$ showed up as pending for several weeks but now show up as being removed.
Old May 13, 2009, 4:11 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by BizClsDreaming
Butler service is far too easy to get used to.
What services did the butlers perform for you?

We also had a nice stay at The Plaza this weekend. On check-in, the clerk commented that it was a Friends and Family rate, welcomed us, and even mentioned that we had a great rate of $239. This seemed odd to me since the rate is rarely ever mentioned to me during most check-ins at other hotels.

As reserved, we got a room on the south side above 58th St. It was a beautiful room, and my wife absolutely loved the design of the tiled bathroom.

The porter who took us to our room was very friendly and personable. He kindly bid us farewell when we encountered him again in the lobby when checking out. Of the staff members that we encountered, he was the highlight for us.

But we never saw a butler, never asked for one, nor heard a message regarding their services.

I had several minor disappointments during our stay, but the most frustrating one was this: On Sunday, we asked the concierge for a recommendation for a nearby deli for lunch. She directed us to one a couple blocks away, but we learned upon arrival that it is closed on Sundays. IMO, that was an unacceptable mistake at this property that prides itself on the fact that, "Each Concierge at The Plaza is a member of the 'Clefs d'Or,' an international concierge association."

Though I can't say that I was overwhelmed by our stay, I appreciate the relatively low rate and am glad to have had the opportunity to stay at this landmark property. Thanks, Fairmont!
Old May 13, 2009, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by sc flier
What services did the butlers perform for you?
Nothing major. Just delivering ice, and getting some info on the hotel and services. We had 2 different ones, both very professional and helpful.

Strange you never saw one. When had arrived in our room (it was around 9:30PM - delayed flights) the bell hop gave us a tour of the room and the everything remote. After he had left we were unpacking and the butler knocked, introduced himself and offered us a complimentary drink (which would have been rude to turn down ^).

The bathrooms are impressive, albeit a bit much with all the gold. We also had a quiet room on the 58th St. side. It was probably the quietest hotel room I've stayed in. They get top marks just for that!
Old May 14, 2009, 12:15 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Ah.. so much for double dipping.. I booked on fairmont.com via the cashbaq shopping portal; the points/$ showed up as pending for several weeks but now show up as being removed.
Yeah, more often than not, you aren't allowed to combine rewards/cashback program with existing promos. That's too bad but it was worth a try!
Old May 14, 2009, 11:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Can a Fairmont employee email me a code/id for a Fairmont stay?
Planning to take a few days off in HKG.

Thanks!
There isnt a Fairmont in HKG. Maybe try the IHG Friends and Family. Maybe a short trip over to the Fairmont Singapore?
Old May 16, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
Fairmont Chicago

Checked in last night for a 3 night stay and no questions asked and not a single comment on the AMAZING rate I got.^

The room, deluxeview King Rm, is very nice

Thanks nyx.t2t for all your help!!^^
Old May 16, 2009, 12:32 pm

Glad to help! Sounds like the F&F is more recognized now so check-in is going smoothly everywhere.

Originally Posted by epost77
Checked in last night for a 3 night stay and no questions asked and not a single comment on the AMAZING rate I got.^

The room, deluxeview King Rm, is very nice

Thanks nyx.t2t for all your help!!^^
Old May 16, 2009, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just booked a couple stays in Montreal,online,and received the very good rate.^
Old May 17, 2009, 12:50 am

Just got back from the Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui

I successfully stayed 3 nights at the Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui using
the NFAF code. My cost was $169 per night.
I checked in at front desk without any hassels.
No questions asked!

The Fairmont NFAF code works like a charm.

Please note my stay there was just last week.
Old May 17, 2009, 1:04 am

Did you stay in the Garden View Suite? I'm planning a stay there in October.

Anyway, glad to hear everything went well and there weren't any hassles.

Originally Posted by Trinity48
No questions asked!

Old May 17, 2009, 1:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by Trinity48
No questions asked!

Did you book right when the promo hit the internet?
Old May 17, 2009, 3:22 am

Programs: Yes please
I have just made a reservation at the Fairmont Vancouver for August. In deference to the wishes of of our Fairmont colleagues I shall not say exactly how much I am paying but suffice it to say that, at well under Can $ 200 a night for a premium room it is exceptionally good value.

I do have one concern; the Fairmont web site booking agent was exceeeeeeeeeeeeedingly slow and actually stalled twice during the booking process. I have asked one of our Fairmont colleagues to check at their end to see that the booking has been completed successfully.
Old May 17, 2009, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by SouthOxon
I have just made a reservation at the Fairmont Vancouver for August. In deference to the wishes of of our Fairmont colleagues I shall not say exactly how much I am paying but suffice it to say that, at well under Can $ 200 a night for a premium room it is exceptionally good value.

I do have one concern; the Fairmont web site booking agent was exceeeeeeeeeeeeedingly slow and actually stalled twice during the booking process. I have asked one of our Fairmont colleagues to check at their end to see that the booking has been completed successfully.
You should get an email confirmation.
Old May 17, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
this is a great thread and huge credit to the fairmont people in here helping people out.

truly amazing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.