Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
From my understanding, it is based on supply and demand. Try variations. Like booking Fri and Sat night in one reservation, and sunday in the other. Or other variations like that. If not, it looks like they have raised prices and you are out of luck, which brings me to my number one lesson:

IF YOU SEE A RATE YOU LIKE, AND YOU THINK THERE IS THE TINIEST CHANCE YOU WILL BE STAYING AT THE HOTEL, BOOK IT! IN MOST CASES IT IS 100% REFUNDABLE.
yeah you are right...I should've booked this two days ago, and then just canceled if my plans didn't come through....the price went up a lot..by almost $80....DOH!!
Old May 20, 2009, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by mrx900
yeah you are right...I should've booked this two days ago, and then just canceled if my plans didn't come through....the price went up a lot..by almost $80....DOH!!
i agree.. i been just sitting around waiting while i could of just book it before hands
Old May 20, 2009, 1:55 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Agreeing with everyone here. Book when you see something you like. You can always cancel. Rates change at ANYTIME... sometimes up, sometimes down. All depends on occupancy levels and how many rooms they have available with this promo.
Old May 20, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
watch out

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Agreeing with everyone here. Book when you see something you like. You can always cancel.
But be cautious of what the cancellation policies are. Some hotels DO have a deposit requirement and even 21+ day advance cancellation policies, so make sure you keep those dates CLEARLY in mind when making reservations that you might want to still cancel.
Old May 20, 2009, 4:10 pm

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Highlights (actually just lowlights are)

1. The "technology experience" is actually a technology nightmare. The TV and guide are almost useless. the onscreen display can hardly be seen from the bed (anyone over 50 would never be able to see it), and the guide shows NO data, just channel numbers. There is no GUIDE button, one has to hit the remote three times to get there. My parents would NEVER be able to figure it out, I had a frustrating time and I do UI and workflow work for TECH companies. The alarm by the side of the bed was even worse. Great to put my ipod on, but if you want to change the alarm time, one has to rotate a very tight horizontal wheel, over and over and over again to get to the time you want. There is NO idication that this is the way to set the time. I probably could have called the butler, but my parents would NEVER figure it out.
Maybe it's because I am young or I had time to "sit around" and figure it out (though it was not difficult at all) but the only problem I had with the TV was with the volume button on the remote control. If you wanted to turn the volume up a little bit, it would go up a lot when using the remote. It screen was bright, the guide listed the shows at their correct times. The alarm clock was somewhat confusing at first but I got through it after about 2 minutes of fooling around. The touch screen control panel and light switches worked flawlessly.

3. Everything inside is totally overpriced. Yes, I had the inroom breakfast, for ONE which ended up being 70$ delivered. It wasn't even done correctly and was a 5 on a scale of 10. Drinks in the bar, TWO drinks, one scotch and one N.V. champage were 60$ not including tip. No nuts. POPCORN and SUNFLOWER seeds were served. ..., what IS this a kiddie bar? My scotch was most likely Just UNDER 1 OZ, and when I asked for some ice I got SHAVED ICE? Who would put that in a scotch?
There are plenty of places to eat and drink around the hotel. I ended up purchasing dinner and a supply of water and soda from a local store and had my butler deliver silverware and ice to the room. My breakfast was $60 but I knew that ahead of time and wanted to splurge.

4. I found most staff didn't speak too much english, our buttler SORT of did, but he didn't have an easy time with it. I tried to tell him that our PHONE kept ringing at 06:00 every morning when we had made NO wakeup call request, but it didn't ever stop.
While it's obvious most of the staff does not speak English as their first language, I never had a problem with understanding them...and this is from someone who cannot stand those who cannot speak/read/write/understand English while residing and working in the country.
Old May 20, 2009, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by edmonton2001
Raffles L'Ermitage Beverly Hills has always been one of those exclusive properties as it only has 103 rooms. The rates include many amenities though and the service was very very good when I stayed there. Complimentary minibar too! If there is availibility when you want to go, take it! If not there is always the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica. Its probally a more lively location anyways.
The Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica is indeed a very nice location!
Old May 21, 2009, 12:23 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
just got back from Fairmont San Francisco Ghirardelli Square. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. Staff was really nice (no mention of rate). Too bad we spent the whole day out in the town and didn't get to appreciate the hotel much. Thanks OP and all those with useful info on FT.
Old May 21, 2009, 2:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
Fairmont Plaza

Originally Posted by fly-yul
Great location, but overall I was not impressed with the hotel or the service. By the end of my stay, I got the sinking feeling that EL-AD did not really want to keep the hotel open in the first place. For such a "grand" hotel the common areas and dinning options are severely lacking. Contrasted with the vast space (behind locked doors) allocated to residents - who enter via CPS and never have to mix with the rif-raf hotel guests.
Typing up here in Room 1838, which has a view of Central Park (beyond a building under renovations in the lower foreground).

I personally couldn't be more impressed with the hotel or the service. The decor, furnishings, large bath and overall luxury of the room is fairly impressive. And the service I've encountered from the greeter, front desk, porter, concierge, operator and butler has been friendly, warm and responsive. Both my 5yo son and I get greeted by our name (Mr W2B and Mr W2B), which is a thrill for him.

No problems with the lighting, climate, service panel that is detachable from the wall (my kid thinks it's a highlight of the room). Or the TV remote. Didn't bother with the alarm clock as I simply do with wake up calls. Haven't used the fitness room yet, but now after reading nmemaker's post, won't bother. I guess jogging in Central Park will have to suffice.

My only complaint is that housekeeping knocks on the door at 9am, which is way too early, especially since my son is usually still sleeping. So I now know to put the privacy tag out front.

"Common areas and dining options are severely lacking"

Haven't tried the restaurants although the Oak Room does seem crowded and popular with locals as is the Oak Bar. The large lobby area has sufficient seating and is service by the Champagne Bar. The website says the Rose Club (the main bar area) embodies grandeur with a splash of contemporary style and spirit, which I would agree based on appearance alone. I guess it would take the Palm Court to reopen with afternoon tea to impress some. As for lack of hotel dining options, I agree with sciguy and seek out other restaurants not far from the hotel. For instance, Quality Meats is just down the street less than a block.

I've stayed at several grand Fairmont properties and the historic Plaza is a wonderful, fitting addition to their portfolio. I probably would've never considered staying here had it not been for the NFAF rate (THANK YOU OP)
Old May 21, 2009, 2:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
By the way, anyone else notice that there's a new Fairmont President's Club board under Hotel Programs?

HOORAY!!!
Old May 21, 2009, 2:15 am

Programs: Yes please
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Agreeing with everyone here. Book when you see something you like. You can always cancel. Rates change at ANYTIME... sometimes up, sometimes down. All depends on occupancy levels and how many rooms they have available with this promo.
Just a note to confirm that; I made a reservation last Sunday for the Fairmont Vancouver using the NFAF code, and this morning the rates have gone up across the board for the same dates. Amounts vary; the cheapest room has gone up by some $ 30 a night; the deluxe room I had booked by $ 9 a night.

The old Irish saying of 'Vote early, vote often' appears to appy equally to Fairmont bookings!
Old May 21, 2009, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by W2B Globetrotter
I agree with sciguy and seek out other restaurants not far from the hotel. For instance, Quality Meats is just down the street less than a block.
There is a nice bfast place just up the street, 57th and 6th I think on the SOUTH EAST corner. Can't remember the name, but good food, quite atmosphere, stars in there and low $$ for bfast
Old May 21, 2009, 8:32 am

yes

Originally Posted by W2B Globetrotter
By the way, anyone else notice that there's a new Fairmont President's Club board under Hotel Programs?

HOORAY!!!
yes, there was a petition for it here, but my question is, how do they have so many posts now?
Old May 21, 2009, 8:36 am

Am i reading it wrong or are there no Fairmont/Raffles/Swissotel properties in Hong Kong?

HKG seems like such a big city and it's strange that I cant find any properties from Fairmont/Raffles/Swissotel on there.
Old May 21, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Am i reading it wrong or are there no Fairmont/Raffles/Swissotel properties in Hong Kong?

HKG seems like such a big city and it's strange that I cant find any properties from Fairmont/Raffles/Swissotel on there.
Fairmont Raffles does not have a hotel in HKG. Raffles started with the legendary hotel in Singapore. Try the ICH group F&F rates.
Old May 21, 2009, 4:18 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
I had family who was also looking for one in these chains but no dice... It was a surprise to me as well.

Originally Posted by HawaiiO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.