Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2009, 7:07 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by edmonton2001
Looks like there is 7 sales in the history... Time to do some investigating! He/she does work for the company as they can search availibility of the nights.

Its clearly against the Terms and Conditions anyways... The rate (although wrong) is posted and there is another ebay listing for the Fairmont Singapore.
The seller could be anyone who reads these boards. All s/he needs is the promo code (+ booker ID) to run dummy searches. Right?

========

I hate pillagers. They ruin things for the rest of us.
Old May 3, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
The scary part about that is, this is very true. Let's hope this is not the case.

Originally Posted by boxo
The seller could be anyone who reads these boards. All s/he needs is the promo code (+ booker ID) to run dummy searches. Right?

========

Old May 3, 2009, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
now THIS is disgusting!!
selling the instructions to book the f and f deal
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Plaza-Hotel-...QQcmdZViewItem
and the reason hotels like thes pull deals!

same person hotelier21 is seling the free night from the hyatt current promo

could he be one of us?
Originally Posted by tcook052
Quite, especially since the Plaza USD$239 rate has been gone for weeks.
Reported him to eBay for listing fraud.

I don't like stuff like this one bit (and if anyone remembers my slickdeals fiasco, I'm not making this up) and plan on making sure he won't be posting any of --our-- deals on eBay for personal monetary gain.

Remember, I'll share deals with my personal friends on an as-needed basis but won't post these up on other forums nor will I try to make any monetary gains on sharing such info.

I suggest we work on outing such tools.
Old May 3, 2009, 3:31 pm

Maybe whoever else has an Ebay account here should also report him. Maybe if Ebay gets enough reports, they'll pull his ad much faster.

Originally Posted by civicmon
Reported him to eBay for listing fraud.

I don't like stuff like this one bit (and if anyone remembers my slickdeals fiasco, I'm not making this up) and plan on making sure he won't be posting any of --our-- deals on eBay for personal monetary gain.

Remember, I'll share deals with my personal friends on an as-needed basis but won't post these up on other forums nor will I try to make any monetary gains on sharing such info.

I suggest we work on outing such tools.
Old May 3, 2009, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Maybe whoever else has an Ebay account here should also report him. Maybe if Ebay gets enough reports, they'll pull his ad much faster.
Exactly, that's what I'm hoping.

Thanks for your help with this and this thread ^^
Old May 3, 2009, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by civicmon
Exactly, that's what I'm hoping.

Thanks for your help with this and this thread ^^
Anytime! I just went to my account and reported both his Fairmont F&F auctions. The Plaza one and the Singapore one.
Old May 3, 2009, 3:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by boxo

========

yah. that is correct. but if he/she is using someone else's Booker ID, its going to ruin it for everyone else. Both for all of us within Fairmont Hotels and Resorts and for all the friends and family. Selling the promotion as well as advertising the rate is against the rules.

The ebay seller has some interesting ads though. The Radisson Gold Points listing is for something that can be had for free too. All you have to do is google it and you have the Gold Points/Orange promotion to get automatic Silver Elite status. Some people I guess...
Old May 3, 2009, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by edmonton2001
yah. that is correct. but if he/she is using someone else's Booker ID, its going to ruin it for everyone else. Both for all of us within Fairmont Hotels and Resorts and for all the friends and family. Selling the promotion as well as advertising the rate is against the rules.

The ebay seller has some interesting ads though. The Radisson Gold Points listing is for something that can be had for free too. All you have to do is google it and you have the Gold Points/Orange promotion to get automatic Silver Elite status. Some people I guess...
What people do to make an extra few bucks. He has to pay the listing fees which isn't very much I guess but he must be selling enough or getting enough inquiries about his auction to keep posting them.

Anyone who has an Ebay account and wants to protect this offer for the rest of us, please report the following two auctions as fraudulent with incorrect rates and also state that it's against Fairmont's F&F terms and conditions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Plaza-Hotel-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Fairmont-Sin...3%3A1|294%3A50

Lets all work together to stop this guy from ruining this promotion for the rest of us!
Old May 3, 2009, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Done.
Old May 3, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: NWA Plat Elite; HH Diamond; Priority Club Gold; Marriott Silver
Reported both but there are only 2 hours left in the listings -
Old May 3, 2009, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by TachyTim
Reported both but there are only 2 hours left in the listings -
Well perhaps if it is removed, the seller will see that it's not allowed and won't post again. If not, I'll keep an eye out for any new listings and post the links here for us all to report again
Old May 3, 2009, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
there is no stopping individuals from using ebay or other auction sites to try to auction off information. I have seen auctions that try to sell information on how to access flyertalk or compile flyertalk information and sell it on ebay and ASAIK, none of the posters here whose handles are highlighted are in a position to stop it. You can only complain and make it as loud as during spartan times.

Some of the auction sellers are also flyertalk members. Go figure.
Old May 3, 2009, 6:17 pm

Programs: Qantas FF, SPG, Accor, President's Club
Well perhaps if it is removed, the seller will see that it's not allowed and won't post again. If not, I'll keep an eye out for any new listings and post the links here for us all to report again
Do this enough and eBay *will*, eventually, shut this guys account down and start investigating him/her/them more thoroughly for further altercations with any other account they start. But it does take the action of individuals such as ourselves to make that happen - eBay have no interest in doing it themselves until pushed.
Old May 3, 2009, 7:26 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I've just removed a handful of threads that were not on topic and were "heading south" quickly. The thread is about the Fairmont Hotels promotion. It is not about the ethics of selling information on eBay. Please take that discussion to Omni.

Thank you,

MileageAddict
Old May 3, 2009, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Without having to look through the whole thread,can one use Suite or room u/gs on the Friends and family promotion rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.