Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I don't think this is a true promotional rate, as if this is a promotional rate, then you don't need to click a link to direct to a different booking page, it would have already listed under best available rate, adv. rate when you do a search for the price of a property. At best it would say you need to enter a different rate code in order to trigger the discount.

Besides, the link to this so called "promotional rate" also not listed in hilton.com, and not advertised anywhere, and we did not receive email thru Hilton or any other sources.
I tend to agree with your assessment. That is why I am not risking stay until I know for sure whether or not this works.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by brooklyngal
Thanks for researching this, vdostoi1. To clarify, will the stay also earn miles, in particular Virgin Atlantic ones for their promotion?
Just a wild guess no, the T&C did mention "This offer may not be combined with other select promotions"
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:08 pm

Some more information:

I did some more research myself regarding this rate. I still have no idea if it earns stay/night credit, but it is listed under the promotional rate section of our system (along with AAA/AARP/Q1-4 promotions/Any Weekend Anywhere/The Great Getaway/ etc.).

This rate is offered to all employees of Hilton Worldwide and to all employees of Hilton's Travel Management Company partners (AMEX, BCD, ABC, Radius, etc.). It is still not the "real" F&F rate though which has different rates, rules, and booking process.

It is an invitation-only private rate and not made available to the public (no OTAs, etc.). It is only available via private landing pages or by calling.

The following is quoted from the information page about the rate:

"However, we expect that Team Members and our TMC partners will share the landing page link widely, and it may even end up in social channels like Facebook and Twitter, but there will be no Hilton Worldwide-generated external marketing of this rate."

Last edited by hotelbusiness; Dec 13, 2012 at 2:50 pm
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by hotelbusiness
Some more information:

I did some more research myself regarding this rate. I still have no idea if it earns stay/night credit, but it is listed under the promotional rate section of our system (along with AAA/AARP/Q1-4 promotions/Any Weekend Anywhere/The Great Getaway/ etc.).

This rate is offered to all employees of Hilton Worldwide and to all employees of Hilton's Travel Management Company partners (AMEX, BCD, ABC, Radius, etc.).

It is an invitation-only private rate and not made available to the public. It is only available via private landing pages.

"However, we expect that Team Members and our TMC partners will share the landing page link widely, and it may even end up in social channels like Facebook and Twitter, but there will be no Hilton Worldwide-generated external marketing of this rate."
Awesome! Thank you for being up-front and sharing your information with us. ^
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Just a wild guess no, the T&C did mention "This offer may not be combined with other select promotions"
Boilerplate which is probably in every T&C ever written. It doesn't tell you anything.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:37 pm

I don't think this is a true promotional rate, as if this is a promotional rate, then you don't need to click a link to direct to a different booking page, it would have already listed under best available rate, adv. rate when you do a search for the price of a property. At best it would say you need to enter a different rate code in order to trigger the discount.

Besides, the link to this so called "promotional rate" also not listed in hilton.com, and not advertised anywhere, and we did not receive email thru Hilton or any other sources.
Thanks for pointing these things out. I did some more research and found this is an "invitation-only private rate" which has a specific landing page. The information page for this rate on our system specifically mentions there is no external marketing for this rate, but it is expected the link for the landing page will be shared . I still don't know if it earns stay/night credit, but it is listed under "current promotions" on our system about current various promotional rates we are offering at the moment. See post #183 for more information.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Awesome! Thank you for being up-front and sharing your information with us. ^
You're welcome.

Last edited by hotelbusiness; Dec 14, 2012 at 5:53 am Reason: grammar mistake
Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Some more information:

This rate is offered to all employees of Hilton Worldwide and to all employees of Hilton's Travel Management Company partners (AMEX, BCD, ABC, Radius, etc.). It is still not the "real" F&F rate though which has different rates, rules, and booking process.

It is an invitation-only private rate and not made available to the public (no OTAs, etc.). It is only available via private landing pages or by calling.

This is very interesting, thanks for your research !

If it is under all those AAA/Anywhere Anyweekend rates, then it should earn both points/miles and night/stay credit then, but it is really hard to tell. Now I guess I will wait and see those people stay on friday if they would get any stay/night credit or not.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 6:18 pm

Thanks for researching and weighing in hotelbusiness!

What is your best guess as to whether miles and the Virgin Atlantic promotion will be credited?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Looks like I need to sign up for this VS (Virgin Atlantic) promo. Much better than getting AA miles for my stays upcoming (I've booked a bunch of nights under this rate). Too bad I already have a Radisson booked to get the 1 for 1 there!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Only time will tell if it truly earns miles and stay credit in addition to points but it likely will if for no other reason that the HHonors wiz kids only mention earning points -- which in their minds probably means that, of course, if the rate ie eligible to earn HHonors points, it necessarily also earns stay credit and double dipping miles credit!!!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:23 pm

Some more information:

Let me add my thanks for your informative posts.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by b1513
There's no reason to think it would be.
A boy can dream
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
It is amazing that with that promo in many cities Hilton and Doubletree are cheaper than Hampton Inn
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:37 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Hey all!

My boyfriend has posted here a couple of times. Because of the confusion around the term "Friends and Family Rate," he wanted me to clarify a few things as I am an employee of a hotel...
Some more information:

I did some more research myself regarding this rate. ...
hotelbusiness, thank you very much for taking the time to research this and post your findings! For each of us that has thanked you directly, rest assured there are a dozen more lurkers who appreciate your work. No matter how it turns out (i.e., whether the rate ends up earning credit), it's great to have some more informed speculation to leaven the wild surmises. Hope we can repay the karma some day (advice on your next frequent flyer mile redemption?)

(Of course, if you'd posted equally plausible information that said I wouldn't earn my 15th and 16th stay credits, I probably would have been too depressed to post "thanks"... )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.