Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2023, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
HGI metro-Jacksonville

I believe HGIs are specifically excluded from the upgrade benefit benefit, but I include it because I’ve been upgraded here in the past. Same with Hamptons… my upgrade rate is much higher at HIS/HGI than other hotels where the upgrade would be more beneficial.

T-72 hours before check-in.

Received NOR-1 upgrade email offering the opportunity to pay the rack rate difference to move to a suite, less a $5 discount. Inventory still exists online.
Old May 7, 2023, 12:46 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Hilton Doha & Hilton Doha The Pearl

Hilton Doha
Booked King Guest Room, Upgraded to Executive Suite with Sea View during check in.

Hilton Doha Executive Suite Sea View

Hilton Doha The Pearl
Booked King Studio With Balcony, upgraded to One Bedroom Suite no balcony 3 days before arrival thru email

Hilton Doha The Pearl One Bedroom Suite

DoubleTree by Hilton Riyadh - Al Muroj Business Gate
Booked Twin Room, upgraded to One Bedroom Suite during check-in

One bedroom suite
Jaimito Cartero and Seikkyou like this.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; May 12, 2023 at 11:44 am Reason: Added DT Riyadh
Old May 8, 2023, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Lima Miraflores

Booked a basic king, 3 days before arrival, got upgraded to a junior suite. Then took the estandby upgrade to a full one bedroom king suite for $25 a night.
Old May 9, 2023, 1:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Just a question

Sorry if this is a little out of place. I did not want junk up the forum with another thread.

I have been given the 90 day Challenge to either do 8 nights to maintain gold (not that difficult) or obtain Diamond with 14 nights (I can do it but i have other hotel brand in mind i would prefer to book for certain locations.).

I want to ask how much of a difference is the treatment, upgrades between being gold or diamond level? The advertised benefits seem not that much between the 2 levels. By the way most of my stays would be in Asia and to a lesser extent Europe.

I sort of get the feeling that gold level is the sweet spot in the program.

Thanks in advance.
H8tofly likes this.
Old May 9, 2023, 2:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tris06
Sorry if this is a little out of place. I did not want junk up the forum with another thread.

I have been given the 90 day Challenge to either do 8 nights to maintain gold (not that difficult) or obtain Diamond with 14 nights (I can do it but i have other hotel brand in mind i would prefer to book for certain locations.).

I want to ask how much of a difference is the treatment, upgrades between being gold or diamond level? The advertised benefits seem not that much between the 2 levels. By the way most of my stays would be in Asia and to a lesser extent Europe.

I sort of get the feeling that gold level is the sweet spot in the program.

Thanks in advance.
It comes down to this, if you stay outside of North America you'll get a fair amount of upgrades with Diamond, which can be quite valuable at higher end properties, with Gold upgrades are virtually non-existent.

Within North America upgrades are few and far between even for Diamonds.
Old May 9, 2023, 8:59 am

The Roosevelt- WA New Orleans

Reserved 1K through AMEX FHR program. No pre-upgrades and no upgrade at Checkin as Diamond. Also, did NOT receive the FHR credits at Checkin, only the normal F&B credit. I had to go back and inquire about the AMEX FHR credit, which I did eventually receive.
Old May 9, 2023, 1:10 pm

Oceana Santa Monica, LXR Hotels & Resorts

Booked Oceana King with standard award free night certificates in early March. Upgraded to Seaside Oceanfront Suite (I think - room 124)
Old May 9, 2023, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by n2qmt

Reserved 1K through AMEX FHR program. No pre-upgrades and no upgrade at Checkin as Diamond. Also, did NOT receive the FHR credits at Checkin, only the normal F&B credit. I had to go back and inquire about the AMEX FHR credit, which I did eventually receive.
Not surprised no Diamond upgrade at a US property, but what about AMEX FHR? Was there availability?
Old May 11, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Dresden, booked cheapest king room, was upgraded to an "executive room" and I don't think there's a difference.. the executive lounge is really nice though, even has vodka and OJ for people to make screwdrivers, along with beer and wine as well as Coke and other drinks. Chicken wraps for appetiser along with hummus. It was pretty good.
Old May 11, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by n2qmt

Never been upgraded here in 9 stays as a Diamond.
Old May 12, 2023, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Hilton sorrento..upgraded to updated rooms which were very nice

Hilton Milan twin room upgraded to junior suite

Paris opera operaded to junior suite

Pleasantly surprised given travel has definitely picked up in Europe.

3 of us and full breakfast for all three at every hotel
Old May 13, 2023, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
Amsterdam Centraal Station Doubletree

One night, booked a queen room, upgraded to a Queen Junior Suite when checking the online checkin on the afternoon of arrival.
Old May 15, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Waldorf Astoria Berlin. Booked a junior suite with a view through FHR and I was upgraded to a corner king suite, a 1 category upgrade. I've read this hotel is extremely stingy with upgrades as was my experience but I planned ahead and paid for the view junior suite (an extra $40 a night) so they couldn't "upgrade" me to it. The corner suite was about $400 a night more than my junior suite with a view.
Old May 18, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Rotterdam, cheapest King Guest Room to King Deluxe High Floor room.

Edited to add it was changed to King Jr. Suite, an even bigger upgrade.

Last edited by Wiggums; May 22, 2023 at 12:20 am
Old May 23, 2023, 12:40 am

Waldorf-Astoria Amsterdam, King Superior to King Deluxe. I am presently here right now.. wow.. perhaps the best hotel I've ever stayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.