Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Conrad Bangkok booked deluxe corner. Online showed Terrace Suite. On arrival room not ready given another upgrade to Deluxe Suite. Always looked after here
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
London Olympia - Booked a Double, got upgraded to a King Executive

Birmingham Metropole - Booked a Twin Deluxe, didn’t need a twin in the end, went to asked to change it and came away with a Queen Executive

Maidstone - Booked a Queen, night before and the app is showing King Deluxe

Questions:
  1. When you are upgraded the night before, is there any point holding out for a further upgrade? I see lots of posts that say “saw I was upgraded so went ahead and OLCI”
  2. I potentially need a whole new thread for this if the answer is “no” but is there any rules/logic as to what Queen/Queen Deluxe, King/King Deluxe etc mean in terms of room features? (IMO, a Queen at the Hampton London Docklands is a better room than a King Deluxe at Hilton London Olympia)
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci
London Olympia - Booked a Double, got upgraded to a King Executive

Birmingham Metropole - Booked a Twin Deluxe, didn’t need a twin in the end, went to asked to change it and came away with a Queen Executive

Maidstone - Booked a Queen, night before and the app is showing King Deluxe

Questions:
  1. When you are upgraded the night before, is there any point holding out for a further upgrade? I see lots of posts that say “saw I was upgraded so went ahead and OLCI”
  2. I potentially need a whole new thread for this if the answer is “no” but is there any rules/logic as to what Queen/Queen Deluxe, King/King Deluxe etc mean in terms of room features? (IMO, a Queen at the Hampton London Docklands is a better room than a King Deluxe at Hilton London Olympia)
whilst it's great you scored some good upgrades it's kinda not a suite upgrade as the thread title suggests....... just saying.

myself , if I get an upgrade to executive level I generally then do OLCI to hopefully secure a good room, but again this is my personal strategy.

Last edited by wizla; Mar 26, 2018 at 12:33 am Reason: extra information added
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:13 pm

London Bankside. A quick overnight and booked a regular king. Upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite on the executive level.
wizla likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:15 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hilton Toronto Airport. Upgraded to a suite without asking, agent told me at check in she had already done it. Looking back through this thread it was my first HH Diamond suite upgrade since July 7, 2017
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Hilton Cyprus

One night stay Hilton Cyprus - arrived at 4am straight from the airport, granted late checkout for 3pm on the same day. Upgraded from basic room to second largest suite. Exec lounge had no breakfast service, and no afternoon tea. Outdoor pool still closed in March.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
Hilton Toronto Airport. Upgraded to a suite without asking, agent told me at check in she had already done it. Looking back through this thread it was my first HH Diamond suite upgrade since July 7, 2017
As an HH gold, didn’t get an upgrade on first award stay, but had a noisy AC. Sent in a comment and the response from a staff member was let me know for next trip. I did and got a suite. Checked out the next morning and because of massive weather problems, flight was rescheduled. Back to hotel, asked if I could get the same room back. It wasn’t available but got another suite upgrade. All 3 stays were on HH points.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Doubletree Melaka

Booked base room. Upgraded to junior suite during check in. Requested for late check out and was offered 3pm too.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
DoubleTree Saint Louis Park, MN. 4 night stay, convention rate. Upgraded to a suite (that hotel has a lot of suites).
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hilton Sandon, South Africa

Booked a standard King for a 5 night stay.
Upgraded to a One bedroom terrace suite (2nd best room type they have) on the exec floor.

However when I got to the room there was the distinct smell of damp, and there were multiple industrial fans in the room drying the carpet near the terrace doors. The carpet was all but dry, but the smell was too much...

Changed to a standard one bedroom suite on the floor below which was the best they had available.

Talking to the staff a little afterwards they stated that room wasn't supposed to be assigned until at least the next day.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Conrad Bora Bora

Checked in today with a standard point reservation for 5 nights. Was in the system as gold (time of booking wasn’t diamond). Got upgraded to standard overwater villa no charge.
tynmar likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Hilton london bankside

Booked two rooms ( king guest ) 1 room upgraded to king suite the other to king deluxe.
cash stay on public sector rate.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Hampton Inn, Florence, SC

Booked a 1K standard room. Upgraded to a corner suite with separate bedroom, massive bathroom (separate commode, shower, and sink areas), and kitchen.

Very pleasant surprise!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
DT Doha

Reservation made under +1's name who is a DM. Upon check in, we got upgraded from a base king to the presidential suite!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
It seems my post about non-suite upgrades got deleted, so I’m back with an offered but declined suite upgrade to report, I hope this fits the bill for this thread.

I had a Queen room booked at the Curio Trafalgar St. James. There was no pre-upgrade and no mention of one during check-in until right as the keys were being prepared, I asked and was then offered my choice of all the suites as all were presently vacant. I asked if I could have a double queen instead so a friend could join me and that seemed to please him to offer - everyone wins!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.