Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Conrad Ft Lauderdale

I booked the lowest category room which was a jr suite and was upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite at checkin.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:22 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Brussels Hilton Grand Place - Booked standard room via points for 2 nights. Upgraded to 1 bedroom King Suite - Very nice!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by #1son
Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa was a pleasant surprise, a classy property IMO

my upgrade was to what is called a Seaside Executive room? not a suite but fairly large, well decorated and with perfect view of sea inlet

breakfast was excellent and included as was use of the sauna / indoor pool

the hotel is a good distance from the center but Tram #4 is literally two blocks from the hotel and takes you to downtown area in 20-25 minutes

would stay here again, good value
I've stayed at this property 10+ times and always had this type of room, much larger than standard. In many other hotels a room like that would be branded Jr Suite. The restaurant, in the same house, and with the same view, a nive veranda for summer use, is nice too. The hotel sadly does not have any EL.

I would advice against taking the tram with lots of luggage, but for sight-seeing, using the 24h unlimited tram/tube/bus card, it is very convenient.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Canopy Reykjavik: Booked Standard King - upgraded to 1 Bedroom Suite
Konsulat Hotel Reykjavik - Curio Collection: Booked Standard King, upgraded to Diplomat Suite
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:46 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

During my last 2 stays at Hilton brands in Peru:
Cusco: Hilton Garden Inn: upgraded from normal room to a Scenic room towards the historical center.on the same floor as the restaurant/bar.
Lima: El Pardo Doubletree: upgraded from a normal room to a Suite

Cheers!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:45 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Hilton Odaiba Tokyo - booked Standard Twin (no King/Queen rooms for sale) - received Premium Twin. Suites were available but no dice. In fact, the staff member was VERY reluctant to even check me in at 10.15am (hotel was nowhere near full), made no mention of Diamond benefits, & barely uttered a word (she spoke perfect english).
Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:48 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Hilton Tokyo (Sinjuku) - booked standard Queen Room - received a nice City Suite King - excellent checkin, high level of Diamond recognition (including free drinks voucher for bar) - such a positive change from the Odaiba Hilton. Hilton Tokyo is my preference over the Conrad.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:49 pm
NoY

Hilton Kuala Lumpur - Booked Standard King Deluxe - received King Grand Executive Suite.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
Hilton Hawaiian Village—Booked standard room on a stay and received a nice (but not suite) upgrade to Rainbow Tower Ocean Front. On a second visit soon after, I booked a standard room and was upgraded to Junior Suite in Diamond Head Tower.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
LondonHouse, Curio - Chicago - booked King room and upgraded to one bedroom suite for a 1 night stay. Had this before and often get one of their Junior Suites which I prefer when traveling by myself as a better use of space.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Hilton Park Tallinn Estonia

Booked king guest room

Upgraded to King one bedroom suite with separate living room and spacious bathroom (separate toilet and shower enclosures as well as tub in large 2 sink bathroom.

Three night stay
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Have to say, I'm super jealous of you all, and somewhat curious! I've had 3 years of Diamond now and have only ever been given one pity upgrade to a Suite in Hanoi when I had just been hit by a car.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Have to say, I'm super jealous of you all, and somewhat curious! I've had 3 years of Diamond now and have only ever been given one pity upgrade to a Suite in Hanoi when I had just been hit by a car.
Wow, that is desperate for an upgrade when you throw yourself in front of a car to get one!
Do you usually have longer stays?
All my suite upgrades (11 so far) have been on stays of 2 nights or less. I don't have many 3 night stays or more, but have never gotten a suite for one. I have only asked for a suite upgrade once, in Shanghai at the WA, because I wanted to be in the historical building and it is all suites.
Hilton has been good to me. Outside of Hilton, the only other suite upgrade I have ever gotten was at a Super 8 (yeah, baby, I'm a high roller) in Cochrane, Alberta. SPG once downgraded me from the suite I booked to a regular room!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:00 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Hilton Istanbul Kozyatagi, 1 night stay booked on entry level room upgraded to a 1-bdr suite
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: IHG SpireAmb, HH Diamond, OW Sapphire.
Conrad Istanbul - booked a 2 night stay in deluxe room, upgraded to bosphorus suite.
Hilton London Bankside - booked 2 night stay, upgraded to one bdrm suite. (I have stayed numerous times and usually only get a 1cat upgrade)
edot8 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.