Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by wantan

Originally Posted by SESTAR
Hilton Kuala Lumpur- Booked a regular king room. Got upgraded to jr Suite. Awesome room and nice buffet breakfast in the restaurant.
+1

Last minute trip, booked Regular King at 4pm. Checked app at 5pm and saw OLCI for Junior Suite. Too bad I only got in at 1am and out by 7
Same procedure for me 3 w ago, also booked regular King, upgrade to J:r Suite, as previous time in February. This time more time to indulge, as check-in 4 PM and out 22h later
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku

I booked a king. I checked the app a few times but did not check in because I did not like the room. The pre-selected room changed twice. Once I had an accessible twin. Then i checked about 1:45 pm day of arrival and saw I had an executive king jr suite!! This is my first major upgrade. So I’m happy.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Hilton Canary Wharf - technically upgraded to a suite but declined as I'm here on my own.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Hilton Amsterdam - Booked King Grand Deluxe (pre-paid cash rate), completed OLCI and chose nice corner room with canal view. Checked app day of arrival and upgraded to King Junior Suite (also with canal view)
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA (Lifetime Gold, 1MM),UA(Premier Silver), Hilton(Diamond), Marriott (LTT), Hertz (PC)
1 night and two rooms at Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk in early June 2018. One room was automatically upgraded to a a Panoramic Suite. The suite is a nice size with sea views on both sides.
It was a tough decision because the Hilton App gave me an option to switch to an executive room in the far back that probably has better amenities (and likely nicer room overall) with worse views.
The other room was not automatically upgraded but front desk offered an option to pay for an upgrade which I declined. (since only for one night.)
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
LondonHouse Chicago (Curio)
Booked a standard king room and received no upgrade in advance. At check-in around 1:30pm, asked about a room upgrade and after some searching, was told there was only one one-bedroom suite left, but it wasn't ready. Decided to wait and went for lunch. The suite wasn't available until almost 4:00pm and in hindsight, not sure we should have waited. Despite being next to the elevators, it was quiet and comfortable, but also somewhat dark with no views or direct sunlight. The bathroom was nice and large and the bedroom was of sufficient size. However the "living room" was very small, with a small sofa and about 6' (2 m) away from a giant TV screen -- too close and not practical. The quality of the furnishings was nice and the room AC worked great.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Conrad Hong Kong.

1 day before check-in OLCI was showing Standard Room, but checking again at night had a Peak View Suite Extra points for offering the upgrade in advance rather than at counter. Arrived at hotel just before midnight, so would usually grab something to eat at Airport but opted for room service in this case.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Ironically, most of my upgrades as a Diamond were at Hamptons. I'd often get an upgrade to a studio suite or a whirlpool suite. Also had good luck consistently getting suites at DT in downtown Pittsburgh. Most other places rarely gave me an upgrade.

Generally, anything more than 5 days IME won't get an upgrade, with the reason given that they don't have an upgraded room available the entire time.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
DTW HGI. The front desk agent said to me "high floor near the elevator?" when she was assigning a room type and I said "I'll take a suite if you have one". Ended up with a one bedroom suite that was pretty decent for a HGI.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
Hilton Leningradskaya - Moscow

I believe others have posted about this cool property

was upgraded to large suite, Club Lounge or restaurant breakfast included plus Happy Hour makes stay almost like "full board" with nice spread for dinner hour

with the Ruble losing value, this hotel is a fantastic value for Diamond members
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Two for me this week in China.
First in Xi’an, the Hilton Xi’an upgraded from lowest category to a King Deluxe Suite with a 10.00am check in and a 4pm checkout next day. Great hotel, feels more like a Conrad with some of the best staff I’ve encountered. Second was at Conrad Beijing, upgrade was from lowest category to King Grand Premium Corner Room with Lounge Access, slightly better that an Executive Room.First visit to China but have to observe that Diamonds are well treated here.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk

Booked standard double for 3 nights and didn't choose a room first time on OLCI. Went to OLCI a few hours later and saw we were upgraded to Exec King Suite, with Exec Lounge access (breakfast, cocktail hour).

Side note - Exec Lounge arranged a rental car and the hotel reimbursed the cost for the taxi ride when we went to pick up the car. Very nice touch.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
As with about 20% of my stays, upgraded to a junior suite at hilton canary wharf. Upgrade was visible in app pre check in.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hilton Xi'an - booked King standard and got great Deluxe Suite. As Grafton001 has mentioned above, great hotel and great staff

Hilton Hangzhou - booked King standard with points and was upgraded to a Suite
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Hilton Berlin

Booked standard room, pre-upgraded to Dome View and eventually to King Corner Suite. The suite on 6th floor showed to Mohrenstrasse (dome view) and Charlottenstrasse. While spacious, the entrance was rather large, the adjacent living room of a more regular size. It came with a coffee-maker, ample capsules were supplied daily. From the entrance, there was a small hallway leading into the sleeping room and (from the hall-way) to the bath. The bath was of regular size., i.e., pretty small for a suite. The suite was built when they removed the EL to the ground floor. Nevertheless, a very much appreciated upgrade!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.