Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:20 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by wantan
wow. any occasion for them to release the Presidential suite ?

in my experience with this hotel, it seems suite upgrades are very dependent on the person check-ing you in ?
A friend (zero status) stayed here recently & was upgraded from Std Room to Presidential Suite. Who knows why?!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:51 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
A friend (zero status) stayed here recently & was upgraded from Std Room to Presidential Suite. Who knows why?!
That could happen if they were booked full (or overbooked) and that was the only room left. It would be cheaper to give them the presidential suite than walk them. Now, I would hope it would go to someone with status, but perhaps everyone with status had multi-night stays and the Presidential was booked the following night.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:13 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by stc
That could happen if they were booked full (or overbooked) and that was the only room left. It would be cheaper to give them the presidential suite than walk them. Now, I would hope it would go to someone with status, but perhaps everyone with status had multi-night stays and the Presidential was booked the following night.
Yep, agreed. He was very happy & totally shocked. I do find this hotel very inconsistent with upgrades. Naturally, YMMV.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by Fearsome Puppy
Beware the Doubletree Kuala Lumpur.

As a Diamond I couldn't even get an upgrade to an executive room. First they claimed that they were fully booked, when shown inventory on the HHonors app they then claimed that the rooms were only available after 10pm.

Was offered a late check out which I didn't need as compensation for 40 mins wasted. Was dealing with the assistant front desk manager who said late checkout was "the best that they could do".

In one word. Lacking... (unlike the Doubletree Johor Bahru which are excellent and honor upgrades to suites)...
Just arrived at 10pm at the DT KL. No Diamond Upgrade offered for a 1 night stay. Just got to room and checked App and notice they are still selling suites tonight. Not impressed at all
Edit: went back to reception and got my upgrade

Last edited by gallagher; Oct 22, 2017 at 10:08 am Reason: Update
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by gallagher
Just arrived at 10pm at the DT KL. No Diamond Upgrade offered for a 1 night stay. Just got to room and checked App and notice they are still selling suites tonight. Not impressed at all
Edit: went back to reception and got my upgrade
6/6 stays as HHD at DT Kul upgrade from base room (paid corp rate) without asking , to Dlx suite, though each time was 6pm or late checkin. Often modded the night before arrival.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Doubletree Victoria, British Columbia

Great location in Victoria BC, just behind the famous Empress Hotel.

Booked four nights on three different reservations...
1 night for each using two free night certificates (so lowest standard room)
2 more nights in the lowest price standard room paying the AARP rate

Emailed hotel a couple of days prior to arrival and asked that the reservations be combined and for a nice view if possible (didn't ask for a suite). All three reservations were then pre-upgraded to a large one bedroom suite.

Upon check in asked if there was a chance to upgrade further to harbor view but that wasn't possible. Still we had a nice view of the area from a balcony room on a high floor (with a peak-a-boo around the corner of the harbor) and loved the suite.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Hilton Millennium Bangkok
Booked cheapest room for 3 nights, upgraded to King River View suite. Extra charge for 3rd person (original booking was for 2) but lounge access was also granted for 3rd person. A very happy stay!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Conrad Bangkok

Booked standard King 2 nights cash 2 nights with points. Received 117m2 King Deluxe Suite. Have never gotten upgraded past a King Exec here so nice surprise for a 4 night stay.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Hilton Brussels Grand place: One bedroom suite
Hilton London Bankside: One bedroom deluxe suite
Hilton Rotterdam: Executive suite

So far since the launch of suite upgrades a 100 procent succes unless a hotel is sold out.

Must say we exclusively stay at WA, Conrad, Hilton and curio brands. And all cash stays and everytime we dine on property so I believe this has something to do with the upgrade success.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Rental Exec. Elite
From my recent travels...67% success rate

Hilton Miami Downtown
Miami, FL, USA
Booked: 1 King Bed [Standard]
Upgraded: 1 King 1 Bedroom Suite Bayview [697 sq ft, corner room]

Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Booked: 1 King Bed Deluxe [Standard]
Upgraded: 1 King Bed Junior Suite

Hilton Columbus Downtown
Columbus, OH, USA
Upgraded: 1 King Bed Deluxe Suite [580 sq ft, top floor]

Hilton College Station & Conference Center
College Station, TX, USA
Upgraded: 1 King Bed Corner Suite [top floor]

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Market Center
Dallas, TX, USA
Upgraded: 1 King Bed Junior Suite [top floor]

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Austin, TX, USA
Upgraded: 1 Bedroom King Suite [750 sq ft]
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Hilton Kota Kinabalu

Basic room, upgraded to 1 Room Suite.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:53 am

Last minute booking returning to London Canary Wharf and within an hour of booking preupgraded from Deluxe room to the cherished Executive Suite ^
Rate is £136 and will receive 10% cashback as part of the current UK Visa card offer
CMK10 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.
Diamond.
November.
Paid stay - 4 nights.
Upgraded from standard room to executive suite (no view) - it was a corner suite so lots of windows - very nice indeed.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by helosc
Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.
Diamond.
November.
Paid stay - 4 nights.
Upgraded from standard room to executive suite (no view) - it was a corner suite so lots of windows - very nice indeed.
No view, lots of nice windows? Sorry couldn’t resist.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:35 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Doubletree - Dallas Love Field. I had booked a room with 2 Queen beds as a King wasn't available. The morning of my stay, they called my cell and asked if I would like an upgrade to a King Suite - very nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.