Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Avis PP. Dropped UA*G.
Originally Posted by timfountain
Conrad St James, London. Booked premium room with points+cash and was upgraded to executive suite. Diamond (49 stays this so far in 2017 so already made Diamond by a mile for 2018).... I really think Hilton are looking at YTD spend when assigning upgrades...
Normally in a Conrad I get an 'in name only' upgrade but I did once unexpectedly receive an upgrade to a duplex (two floor) suite in London and it was absolutely fabulous.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:43 pm

The Renwick upgrade

We were upgraded from a standard king to a one bedroom suite at the Renwick this weekend - the bathroom was WAY smaller than the standard room though.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hilton Mexico Reforma - booked standard king for 2 nights and was upgraded to a Master Suite. Very nice!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:21 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I will admit to being a DYKWIA when trying to get an upgrade. It was pointed out to me by a HGI manager that the status that shows up on the screen for front desk folks just shows Diamond even if your a Lifetime Diamond. This property digs a little bit further on their guests as it likes to bestow extra benefits for LTDs. At that point, I realized that after 30 years of staying at Hilton's and having over 1,000 nights, I will be treated the same as a first year Diamond as far as upgrades are concerned.
My understanding is that no 'digging' is necessary if a hotel wishes to know how elite members stack up against each other, there is a report they can pull that ranks guests based on elite status, stays at that specific hotel, stays at that brand, and other factors. The hotels that truly want to take care of important elite members use this report, they don't wait until check in ...
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Beckles
My understanding is that no 'digging' is necessary if a hotel wishes to know how elite members stack up against each other, there is a report they can pull that ranks guests based on elite status, stays at that specific hotel, stays at that brand, and other factors. The hotels that truly want to take care of important elite members use this report, they don't wait until check in ...
Posters point was correct, the standard screen checkin-clerks (or lounge angels) see has the lesser information so unless rcheckin person digs that more detailed info is not visible.

You are also correct that good hotels should hopefully priortise upgrades and by managers before checkin, especially when soldout and hotel needs upgrade some lucky guests to Presidential Suites, hopefully based on rewarding earned HHDs (versus matched HHDswith zero/very-few stays yet) or one of hotels regulars...

I am sure I've benefitted by the above, eg an unexpected Conrad Singapore Pres Suite in soldout hotel (first ever stay there), having 6years earned HHD with 12x Asian Conrad suite nights Jan+Feb already by my March checkin, so guessed Conrad SIN reviewed guests stay history/patterns, plus also chose me as were trying to win my repeat custom.

All my other HH brand Pres/Royal Suites to date have been in soldout hotels where I am a repeating guest, eg Hilton's in Antwerp and Rotterdam., so loyalty also gets rewarded!
(Conrad BKK has to date rewarded my frequent stays with every suite upgrade bar their Pres Suite)
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
LondonHouse Curio - Chicago, IL

3 nights paid stay. Booked 1 king and received 1 king corner studio suite. Great room and great hotel.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Hilton Bomonti Istanbul - Turkey

Booked base room on points, upgraded (weeks before arrival) to a stunning Taksim suite. Amazing hotel!!

Hilton Garden Inn Brussels Louise - Belgium

Booked base room on points for arrival on July 1st, already pre-upgraded to a Queen junior suite with kitchenette (not that we need a kitchen :-))
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Doubletree Charlotte Airport
Diamond, Not Lifetime
Asked at Check in if there were any suites available and was upgraded to one though the front desk agent apologized to me that the suite didn't have a desk.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:17 am

Hilton London Bankside
3 night paid stay
On arrival said no suite available even though I could see availability in the app. I pushed a little (politely) and was told they'd try to move me the next day.
Next day inquired again and was again told nothing available. Genuine (?) confusion when I showed them I could book a suite through the app right then and there. A half hour later, upgraded to suite for rest of stay.
Stunningly, when I went to check out I discovered part of the bill (equivalent to one night's standard room charge on the day) had been direct billed to Hilton through Be My Guest. I'd never complained, and the entire interaction around the upgrade had been friendly and collaborative, so I was mystified.
Anyone else experienced anything like this?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
This will not excite anyone, but I was upgraded from a base king to a studio suite at the Hampton Inn & Suites Elk Grove-Sacramento just off of I-5. If I recall correctly, this was the first time an upgrade crossed from a room on the "guest rooms" page to a room on the "suites" page. (Based on the "Rooms and Suites" page on the hotel's website)
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Hilton Madrid Airport (MAD)

Originally Posted by smmrfld
This is incorrect.
stayed one night prior to tour and was given a standard room. After trying to get wi-fi for over an hour (over the phone, bringing up a portable modem), the hotel finally gave up and moved me to a larger room with wi-fi. I complained that wi-fi should have worked and why didn't they just give me the better room to begin with as I am HH Diamond. They offered 25% off dinner in their outrageously expensive restaurant (nothing else is anywhere near by). Seemed like more of a marketing benefit to them than any compensation to me. I told them I had a rez in two weeks. When I did return for another one night stay they gave me a nice suite. Photos of before and after.
Attached Images    
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:15 pm

My good friends at the Conrad Osaka upgraded me on my current stay from a standard room to and executive corner suite. This is one of my favorite hotels any where. The view from the suite makes it untouchable. Breathtaking.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Embassy Suites Chicago Northshore Deerfield

Diamond, booked a Friday night stay, King room, was upgraded to a Presidential Suite. Large, 2 bedroom, 2 bath with large sitting are. Kind of a waste for just the wife and I. (Never seems to happen when traveling with the kids where we could use the extra room!) First time I have been upgraded in a long time...
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
DoubleTree Minsk, Belarus.
Booked standard room. Cash.
Upgraded to corner Junior suite (It's more like a suite - big and two seperate rooms, huge bathroom).
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:01 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay number 20 of the year was the key to success apparently.

Hilton Garden Inn Montevideo. Booked a standard king room. Was upgraded to a great suite. 1.5 baths a nice terrace, and floor to ceiling windows with a water view from the bedroom.

Front desk staff checking me, said that all Diamonds belonged in suites. Wish more people around Hilton had that attitude. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.