Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2023, 12:44 pm

Waldorf Astoria Dubai DIFC/ Palm Jumeirah

Waldorf Astoria Dubai Financial District - Booked Premier King for 2 nights, upgraded to Premier King Suite. Day before arrival saw room change in app to Premier King Suite. (points & cash stay)

Waldorf Astoria Dubai Pam Jumeirah - Booked King Superior for 2 nights - initially upgraded to King deluxe with skyline sea view, after issues with room and asking was upgrades to Pear Club Suite for the second night. (points & FNC stay)

WA DIFC - one of the best WA's I 've stayed in! Gorgeous hotel and rooms, exemplary staff. Felt really welcomed by the courteous staff at every interaction. Received a welcome gift and a personal note from Hotel manager in the room and of course the great Suite upgrade. Stunning views from the room and very well appointed. Also received 20% off dinner at Bull & Bear for being Diamond. Highly recommend this hotel if you're staying in Dubai, its centrally located near all main attractions.

WA Palm Jumeirah - definitely felt like a bit of a downgrade after the WA DIFC. During check I inquired about an upgrade and was told that we were upgraded to a Sea view room, which was a 2 category upgrade. I asked for a suite and was told I could upgrade for a "discounted price" of about $170 per night which I declined. The room was disappointing, it was a connecting room and while we did have a view of the skyline, it was right above the check in on the second floor with significant street noise. Also, the international power outlets didn't work and overall while relatively nice, it just lacked that "wow" factor. No welcome gift or any kind of acknowledgment either. Later that evening I went to the front desk and politely voiced concerns about being dissatisfied with the accommodations. I also politely reminded that suite upgrades are explicitly mentioned in the T&C for Diamond members. Eventually, was begrudgingly given a suite upgrade for the next day, but said they made an "exception" in this case. Once again, I was very polite in the conversation and was just asking if anything could be done. By 2:30pm next day received a call from FD that a team would help us move to the new room. We were taken to a Pearl Club Suite (without Pearl club access) and the suite was beautiful, huge, featured an incredible bathroom and a massive balcony on the 4th floor overlooking the adult pool. Very satisfied with the new room, definitely the largest suite I've ever stayed in. Overall the WA Palm was pretty good, we enjoyed the pools and the service was very nice. A great place to relax after the hustle of Dubai downtown. We dined at the Lao restaurant and it was very good. The breakfast spread was actually a bit less when compared to the WA DIFC. Late check out of 4pm was immediately approved.
Old May 24, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
The Kelly, Birmingham; a Tapestry Hotel: Reserved 1Q, given 1Q. Offered to purchase an upgrade at rack rate during OLCI. Front desk said 1Q was only room available despite showing availability online.

St. James Hotel, Selma; a Tapestry Hotel: Reserved 1K, given 1K Riverview Suite at 72-hours before check-in.
Old May 25, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Now I'm at the Hilton Garden Inn Financial District.. a very pleasant experience, manager was great, and I got upgraded from regular King Room to King Room City View then was upgraded again to Queen Room with sofa, I wasn't expecting a large upgrade since my stay was for three days which is usually a little too long for upgrades. It is a fantastic hotel if I may add.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old May 26, 2023, 5:58 am

Hilton Doubletree Toyama Japan, base to premium room. Asked about Suites and was informed they only have four and none available (unsure if true or not).
Old May 26, 2023, 7:15 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
As a diamond, I have not had any upgrade at the Washington Hilton or Washington Capital Hilton for the past several years and I get to the former four to five times a year.

However, i will admit that there is one front desk agent who literally sneaks in a free breakfast for me since the $18 stipend doesn't even cover half the cost of breakfast, and lounges are only a memory at this property.
Status provides no meaningful benefit to me in the USA and Hilton Honors is only useful to me for the points redemption for free nights.
SPN Lifer and SkyLich like this.
Old May 27, 2023, 12:40 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
I am now at the Garden Inn Financial District Riyadh.. booked the basic King Room and received an upgrade to a King Room with View, then it was changed to Queen Room with Sofa with a view of the Northern Ring Road, a busy boulevard.. but the windows were sound proofed so that was nice. Very pleasant stay here.

Last edited by Wiggums; Aug 22, 2023 at 8:07 am
Old May 27, 2023, 10:27 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Waldorf Astoria Washington DC

Second stay here. Booked 3 nights in Deluxe King on Impresario rate and received King Junior Suite. Great stay all around.
jalves likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 10:36 am

So I've just had a bit of a holiday in Europe and I thought I would recap what upgrades I received, in every instance I booked the base room.

Doubletree Amsterdam ndsm Wharf - queen superior room with water view - nice hotel & unique room albeit quite small.

Hilton Amsterdam - no upgrade, room on first floor, hotel was fully booked - cruise ship passengers everywhere, room and hotel is showing its age.

Vienna Danube waterfront - king waterfront suite, room was spacious and staff were great but hotel is showing its age and is in an inconvenient location

Doubletree Bratislava - king 1 bed suite, hotel was really nice for the price point and room was spacious, location isn't ideal but taxis are inexpensive in Bratislava.

Hilton Budapest - loft suite, hotel room was amazing and felt very modern, executive lounge had a killer view of the parliament and the location felt really fantastic. Staff were also excellent at this hotel.

Hilton Barcelona diagonal Mar - Mediterranean suite, oddly designed room and a little older but still quite nice, there was an issue with the lifts when I stayed and at one point we waited literally 10 minutes for a lift which wasn't ideal.

Hilton Madrid airport - king one bed suite, huge and modern room, it was really nice, location is inconvenient but the frequent shuttles to the airport help

DoubleTree Fontana park Lisbon - king deluxe room with.privste terrace, very strange room with a weird little balcony and no privacy in the bathroom, walls are 0aprr thin and you can hear everything in the neighbouring rooms - I do not recommend

Conrad Algarve - king deluxe suite with pool view - huge modern room with a great balcony, staff in this hotel are excellent as are the cocktails in the bar, really nice hotel.

Doubletree islantilla - king deluxe room, this resort is older and the food in the restaurant was very average

Doubletree la torre golf - deluxe king 1 bedroom suite, excellent hotel and the restaurant had amazing food with incredibly low price points.

​​​​​
Old May 27, 2023, 3:28 pm

Conrad Punta Mita

Stay using annual cert. 1 category upgrade. Very happy. Thank you.
Old May 28, 2023, 5:44 am

Doubletree Kuala Lumpur. Stayed one night. Upgraded to high floor one bedroom suite with Mountain View. Front desk staff were warm.
Old May 28, 2023, 12:35 pm

Hilton Phoenix Tapatio Cliffs Resort

Stayed five nights before the Memorial Day weekend. Booked 1 King 1 Bedroom Suite (the base room) using points. Three days prior to arrival, upgraded to 1 King 1 Bedroom Suite with pool view. In my opinion, this was a downgrade because "pool view" rooms are usually louder (we prefer quiet) and face the pool (we prefer resort or mountain views). On the morning of arrival, messaged the hotel to see if we could get a better upgrade to the larger Signature Suite. No dice, but they offered to upgrade us to 1 King 1 Bedroom with Resort View, which we accepted. While checking in through the app, saw that they had 144 (!!) 1 Bedroom Suites with Resort View available for check in. Why this was not offered automatically is beyond me. Ultimately, picked a suite at the very far end of the resort with great views and far away from all the pool noise. Overall, was happy with the view and the location but wish it was offered automatically given the high number of available rooms. Also, a Signature Suite was empty on our floor when we checked in (and for the next several days), so a bummer that we did not get upgraded to that.
Old May 31, 2023, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hilton Munich Airport

Diamond upgraded from King room to King Jr Suite. My first time for something more then. Hampton as a Diamond. Also, there is an Executive Lounge and nice enough. I have no comparison last one I was in was probably 4 or so years ago. Here for one night between flights.
Old May 31, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest: We were upgraded to a corner suite with spectacular, postcard-perfect views of the Danube and the Parliament building. Executive Lounge was very good. Staff was attentive in every way. A very, very positive experience.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 7:59 am

Conrad Abu Dhabi - Level 45 King Club to Level 45 Junior Suite. Very nice, am enjoying the Level 45 lounge. I do not think it's accessible to Hilton Gold or Diamond, room has to be Level 45 to qualify. Totally worth it, there's even Don Julio Aņejo. Very classy!
The _Banking_Scot and wizla like this.

Last edited by Wiggums; Aug 22, 2023 at 8:07 am
Old Jun 1, 2023, 9:05 am

Programs: DL PLT, 1MM,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall - Standard room to suite #1127. Nice two rooms, wet bar. Four nights over Memorial day weekend.
jalves likes this.

Last edited by BigFishDave; Jun 1, 2023 at 12:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.