Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Really surprised about the Reforma. I've stayed several times and always got a jr suite. It was during the slower covid times but still I've heard good things about upgrades there. One of the few places I actually get suite upgrades.
I received a great upgrade at the Reforma to a high floor, master suite. Hotel could have had limited availability or was sold out of certain room types when you visited.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
I expected at least one from Reforma, Santa Fe, or even the Doubletree, but did not receive any. Maybe it was bad luck, but that experience left me disappointed. It was the upgrades I wanted, not the $200 airline credit, not the $250 resort credit, not the free night... I understand everybody's different. I had the idea of traveling across Europe and paying twice as much to stay in Hilton hotels and being upgraded perhaps 50% of the time... but now that looks far less likely. I could pay half the price and stay in a suite of a local four-star hotel.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Wiggums
I expected at least one from Reforma, Santa Fe, or even the Doubletree, but did not receive any. Maybe it was bad luck, but that experience left me disappointed. It was the upgrades I wanted, not the $200 airline credit, not the $250 resort credit, not the free night... I understand everybody's different. I had the idea of traveling across Europe and paying twice as much to stay in Hilton hotels and being upgraded perhaps 50% of the time... but now that looks far less likely. I could pay half the price and stay in a suite of a local four-star hotel.
I get it. This year I'm giving Globalist with Hyatt a try after earning it in the last 3 months of last year hoping for better upgrades. Earned diamond the 5 years prior even during covid but also had the credit card since it's a no brainer. Suites at Hilton were few and far in between especially in the US. My usual "upgrade" was an executive room which obviously means squat. So far I haven't had great luck with Hyatt but I'm going to put in about 100 nights with Hyatt this year to see what I get next year once the books are purged from the status extensions. Probably a lot of competition for the suites with the bloated amount of Globalists. I kept the Hilton card as a backup for when Hyatt won't work somewhere.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Hilton Bentley South Beach Miami. Used points for a standard room on a weekend 2 night stay and was upgraded to a Beach view 1 King suite. Very nice kitchen with a full size fridge.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Northern Italy

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice
4 nights booked in a
TWIN HILTON SUPERIOR ROOM. Had to stay there one night, but upgraded to King Executive Suite with View of Venice for the remaining 3 nights. A great upgrade!

DoubleTree by Hilton Brescia
1 night booked in a FAMILY CONNECTING DELUXE. Upon check in was initially downgraded to a King Deluxe Room before only being downgraded to a single King Junior Suite. Was refunded the room rate difference due to downgrade.

Hilton Milan
Due to a flight mishap, had two 1 night stays booked in a TWIN DELUXE GUEST ROOM. First stay was upgraded to King Junior Suite; no upgrade on second stay.
The _Banking_Scot, CMK10 and wizla like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Stayed in Dubai and Abu Dhabi last week. Among all the upgrades, we loved the DoubleTree Jumeirah the most because of the view of Ain Dubai from the suite.

View of Ain Dubai from DoubleTree Jumeirah Beach

DoubleTree Dubai M Square: Booked King guest room, upgraded to One bedroom suite, Panoramic view
DoubleTree Business Bay Dubai: booked King guest room, upgraded to Corner Junior Suite.
V Hotel: Booked Two Queen Beds DeLuxe Room with view, upgraded to Round Bed v Suite
DoubleTree Jumeirah: Booked one bedroom family suite, upgraded to two bedroom family suite, sea view
DoubleTree Yas Island Abu Dhabi: Booked King studio, upgraded to One bedroom apartment.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Apr 7, 2022 at 8:38 am
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:47 am

Anyone knows if Conrad Seoul does upgrade from Standard Room Award for Diamond Members? Was secretly wishing for Suite Upgrade if they do upgrades... though I know
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:00 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Got my first of the year.

4/15-17
Hilton Cologne
Booked: King Deluxe
Upgraded to: Junior Suite

Notification came in the app two days prior.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by CMK10
Got my first of the year.

4/15-17
Hilton Cologne
Booked: King Deluxe
Upgraded to: Junior Suite

Notification came in the app two days prior.
I was there the same dates ☺️ (off topic I know). We were upgraded from cheapest room to deluxe room (I actually prefer these to the junior suites because they have higher ceilings and large, opening windows and are almost the same size.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:20 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
DOUBLETREE MILTON KEYNES - booked double guest room, preupgraded and received king suite
Old May 30, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Hilton Rijeka Costabella Beach Resort & Spa: Stayed twice last week and on both stays got upgraded from KING guest room with view to Costabella Suite. Notification appeared on the app 3 days before check-in

Hilton Rijeka Costabella Beach Resort & Spa, Costabella Suite
remymartin likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
DOUBLETREE BY HILTON SWINDON - Booked king guest room, preupgraded the night before to a king suite and received this upon check in.
Review on the relevant thread.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Potential suite upgrade Canopy Dubai al seef

Hi,

Had booked a king room with view at the Canopy by Hilton Dubai al seef for this weekend. Email received and app shows 1 bedroom suite upgrade

Regards

TBS
Old May 31, 2022, 5:41 pm

Hilton Reykjavik

Twin ug to Twin plus.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Doubletree Suites Seattle Airport-Southcenter, upgraded from 1 bedroom king suite to 1 bedroom corner suite. Received upgrade 2 days prior to check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.