Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I have only stayed at the LXR, Conrad, and Hilton brands...I have received an upgrade to a higher room category (mostly suites) each and every time. I think the higher ranked Hilton brands do a better job of the upgrades. I've been Diamond since 2018. I have no complaints regarding getting upgraded
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I have only stayed at the LXR, Conrad, and Hilton brands...I have received an upgrade to a higher room category (mostly suites) each and every time. I think the higher ranked Hilton brands do a better job of the upgrades. I've been Diamond since 2018. I have no complaints regarding getting upgraded
For me:

Waldorf every time.

Curio Collection every time.

Hilton never without having to ask.
Ted S and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:53 pm

London Bankside upgraded from a Basic Room 1 King to a 1 Bedroom Suite.
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
Doubletree Amsterdam Centraal Station
Booked standard award, 5th night free.
Upgraded to an 8th floor corner suite with a great city view.
(brief review of my stay in the DT Amsterdam Centraal Station thread)
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, BA Exec Club Silver
Currently at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme. Booked a family swim-up room, and were upgraded to a swim-up Corner King Suite. Superb.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:19 pm
CJN

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, United MileagePlus Platinum
Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center

Booked standard king for 1 night (cash booking). Upgraded to king studio suite at desk upon check-in without having to ask.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:03 am

Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal

Booked 2 nights using FNC and upgraded from standard to 3 bedroom villa that's 4000sf
IndyHoosier and Ghoulish like this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
A few general questions about Diamond Upgrades:
  • Do you get better results when making the request in advance? In other words, is it better to email and ask about a Diamond upgrade? Or wait until you get to the hotel and make the request in person?
  • Do you make the request for a specific room or Suite? Or just generally ask about an Upgrade?
  • Do you use other factors to push your case (anniversary, birthday, etc...)?
I've been a Diamond for awhile and have had extremely varied success with upgrades. I am going to Hilton Vallarta Riviera the end of this month for my anniversary and really hoping for an upgrade, so hoping for some best practices from some experts.

Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by uclabruinfan
A few general questions about Diamond Upgrades:
  • Do you get better results when making the request in advance? In other words, is it better to email and ask about a Diamond upgrade? Or wait until you get to the hotel and make the request in person?
  • Do you make the request for a specific room or Suite? Or just generally ask about an Upgrade?
  • Do you use other factors to push your case (anniversary, birthday, etc...)?
I've been a Diamond for awhile and have had extremely varied success with upgrades. I am going to Hilton Vallarta Riviera the end of this month for my anniversary and really hoping for an upgrade, so hoping for some best practices from some experts.

Thanks!
You should see an automatic upgrade on your reservation no later than three days prior to your stay. If not, I would call the hotel front desk (don't select "reservations" or you'll get transferred to Hilton central booking).

It's a heck of a lot harder for them to deny when you're speaking to them. I suspect calls regarding upgrades are rare, and sometimes wonder if they think their customer service may be being tested by corporate.

It won't hurt to mention your special occasion. But combine it with the fact you're a Diamond.

"Hello, I'm a Hilton Diamond member. My wife and I will be staying with you for our xxxxx on November 1st. Would an upgrade be possible? I'd appreciate anything you could do for us."

Don't bother asking for a specific room. You want them on your side and not come off as entitled. There's a lot of discretion on their part.

I would not wait to ask at the front desk unless you didn't manage to get an earlier upgrade, because if I'm staying there, I probably snapped up the upgrade you were hoping for 3 days earlier by charming the in house clerk
jalves likes this.

Last edited by Ghoulish; Aug 8, 2022 at 4:54 pm
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:19 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
HILTON LONDON CANARY WHARF - booked king guest room, preupgraded and received king junior suite.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Hilton Cancun, an All-Inclusive Resort
Booked a Tropical View Two Queen Beds Guestroom for 2 nights (Wed, Thurs) using free night rewards
Upgraded to a High Floor Ocean Front One King Bed Guestroom

($95/night improvement based on room rates for a random night)
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:27 pm

Waldorf Astoria Berlin - June 2022. Stayed few nights using free night certificates. Booked Twin Deluxe room, got upgraded to Junior Suite (which is really just a bit bigger room)..

Doubletree Turin Lingotto - August 2022. Stayed on prepaid cash rate. Booked Twin Guest room and got upgraded to Twin Deluxe room.

Diamond member thru AMEX credit card.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Bahrain Bay and got upgraded from a King room to a King Corner room. I think not all suites are guaranteed with Bahrain Bay views so I was okay with what I got. Also, the thing I loved most about the hotel was the pool with great views

Fantastic views from the pool
Jaimito Cartero and NoY like this.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Sep 16, 2022 at 2:31 am
Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:21 am

Diamond member

Hilton Busan 2021 and 2022 summer
booked deluxe room with points.
upgraded to Executive suite w ocean view

Hilton Gyeongju 2021 and 2022
Booked deluxe room w cash
​​​​​​upgraded to exec suite in 2021 and junior suite in 2022.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 7:23 pm

Diamond member:

Year to date:
Desmond Hotel (Malvern PA). Booked standard king size room, upgraded to spacious one bedroom suite with balcony
Hilton Cambridge City center (UK): Booked standard king size room, upgraded to very spacious corner room
Hilton London Bankside (UK): Booked standard king size room, upgraded to one bedroom suite with city view
wizla likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.