Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2020, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NoY
Once again, I booked a King Deluxe room & this time was pre-upgraded 24 hours before to a King Executive Room but upon arrival (& following a chat ) was allocated a King Family Suite. All handled well & with good grace by all concerned. Busiest I have the seen the hotel in my 4 or so covid-era stays this year (although it is a holiday weekend here).
I was concerned about that, had a reservation there as well but the upgrade showed up as "King Executive River View" and I decided to cancel because of that.

Ended up at the Hilton Sukhumvit and received a Junior Suite xx03 with a view over to EmQuartier. Rates are very low (~ 1200 THB).
Old Nov 21, 2020, 1:24 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I was concerned about that, had a reservation there as well but the upgrade showed up as "King Executive River View" and I decided to cancel because of that.

Ended up at the Hilton Sukhumvit and received a Junior Suite xx03 with a view over to EmQuartier. Rates are very low (~ 1200 THB).
I was tempted by the Hilton Sukhumvit but was pretty unimpressed by my last stay. Excellent prices though. Of course, prices across Thailand hotels have never been lower. We have had some super value these last few weeks. This is where elite status really counts because the perks/value proposition means its almost cheaper to live in hotels!
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NoY
I was tempted by the Hilton Sukhumvit but was pretty unimpressed by my last stay. Excellent prices though. Of course, prices across Thailand hotels have never been lower. We have had some super value these last few weeks. This is where elite status really counts because the perks/value proposition means its almost cheaper to live in hotels!
Well I DID live in hotels the last four months. Especially Marriott's in combination with the Megatix for another 70% Bonus.
NoY likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 4:06 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Received suite upgrades last week at both Conrad Miami and South Beach Bentley Hilton. Booked standard king using points
Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by hugolover

Originally Posted by onobond
Hilton Slussen, Stockholm Sweden

Booked a Queen room, assigned an Executive Jr Suite. No balcony, but large windows facing the water and the old city
What are the lounge arrangements at the moment?
Well, just as all other hotels I've stayed at the last 6 months, it's closed. Substituted with vouchers, previously one for snacks and wine/beer, plus another for the extra drink. The latter now enhanced, but OTOH, the snacks at last visit now more substantial; crackers with blue cheese and brie, prosciutto, salami sticks, potato gratin, a couple of semi-spicy skewers and some falafels. Not quite equivalent to what could be consumed in the lounge, but then the variety and quality of wines available is upped in comparison.

I'm impressed with what they manage, given the occupancy rates are very low. I've not seen 10 guests at the same time during a 45-50 min brekkie. One maitre d' and a waiter at BF in the restaurant, never more than one in the reception.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
HGI Zurich Limmattal

Booked King Room for 1 night, pre-upgraded to Deluxe Room, upgraded at check-in to One Bedroom Suite.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
DT Suites Lake Buena Vista / Disney Springs

Booked a 1K suite (basic room, as all rooms are “suites”) on standard awards. Requested and granted an upgrade to a conference room suite. Larger room has 2 bathrooms, 2 HVAC systems, and a 10-person conference table. More than enough room to comfortably spread out.

This is our fourth stay at this property of more than five nights and we’ve received upgrades on two of those stays. All around, probably our favorite hotel in Orlando.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
HGI Charleston

Double w/no view to Double w/glimpse of the James Island Expressway.

Horrendous franchisee overall, avoid.
Friendly reminder that upgrades are not a Diamond benefit at HGI. Receiving any upgrade at all is outside your privileges and a courtesy of the hotel.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
3 one night stays, all upgraded on the app pre-arrival.
Hilton Rotterdam: upgraded from standard room to junior suite.
Hilton The Hague: upgraded from standard room to family suite,.
Hilton Amsterdam: upgraded from standard room to junior suite.
All 3 hotels offered great breakfasts and diamond benefits (executive lounge or alternative) btw.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 7:52 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by iknowthings
Friendly reminder that upgrades are not a Diamond benefit at HGI. Receiving any upgrade at all is outside your privileges and a courtesy of the hotel.
Any your point is? Plenty of HGI upgrade reports in here.

My notation of it being a horrendous franchise is for reasons outside of the upgrade fwiw.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 9:17 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hilton Bogota Conferias. Booked a King Room on points for four nights. Upgraded at check in to a corner junior suite without asking. Nice to close out the year with a good upgrade.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 8:22 pm

Juniper Hotel (Cupertino, CA): upgrade from base room to 1-BR Mountain View Suite

Doubletree Penang Resort (Malaysia): upgrade from base room to 1-BR Suite
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Hampton Inn and Suites Page, Arizona

We booked a standard 2 queen bed room

Upgraded to a 2 queen studio suite with pullout sofa and small kitchenette area.

I politely asked...was upgraded at no cost.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:22 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Gold; BW Diamond Select, Hilton Diamond
Embassy Suites Monterey Bay. Seaside CA.

We booked a standard king suite for two nights, cash.

Upgraded to ocean view balcony king suite.

We asked for an upgrade at check-in, and were quickly upgraded at no cost. $40/night value.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 6:22 pm

One cash night (~$225) at new Canopy West Palm Beach. Was granted a suite upgrade after requesting at check-in. Very nice true two room suite with 2 bathrooms and a nice terrace type balcony with seating for four people. Nice rooftop pool with a DJ on weekends. Diamond breakfast credit was ~$26 (or $13 per person). Nice espresso pour with locally sourced beans. Also was given a nice welcome gift of a small bottle of honey that was also locally sourced.
IndyHoosier and zeer0 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.