Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2020, 11:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Hilton Shenzhen Futian

Booked Premium Executive Room got upgraded to Premium Executive Suite, which is the biggest available short of the Presidential Suite.
Lounge is only open from 14:00 onwards, but they have a separate room for Gold/Diamond guests in the breakfast restaurant.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 2:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My first post since October, 2019...ain't that Hilton Diamond these days for you?

Hampton Inn Charlotte-Arrowood Road. Upgraded at check in to a suite.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:39 pm

WA Park City - "upgraded" to a juior suite without asking. Its a standard room but with a microwave, sink, burner and fridge. Nice because of having a baby. Would never recommend someone pay for the upgrade to this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Hilton Garden Inn, Tucson Arizona. Booked a standard king room. Upgraded to a Junior King Suite via the app. Will report back on the particulars.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Hilton Garden Inn, Tucson Arizona. Booked a standard king room. Upgraded to a Junior King Suite via the app. Will report back on the particulars.
Not bad, but would be nice to have a door between the bedroom and living area. Even with covid-19, the restaurant and bar is open and free cooked breakfast for elites, Monday through Friday, and grab bags in the weekend. Shuttle and pool closed. Free water too.

Complimentary breakfast
Jaimito Cartero likes this.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Sep 30, 2020 at 8:34 am
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Multiple successful upgrades

In order of most recent to oldest:

The Founders Inn and Spa, 1 Queen to King Junior Suite on one night stay at check in.

The Virginian, King Deluxe to King Suite a day before arrival on one night stay.

DoubleTree Williamsburg (VA) 1 King to King Junior Suite on one night stay upgraded before arrival.

DoubleTree Williamsburg (VA) 1 King to King Suite on 14 night stay with upgrade several days in advance after request on app. They also blocked the rooms on each side of me which was incredibly nice of them.

HGI Victorville, 1 King to King Junior? It was a large room with a whirlpool next to the bed haha. One night stay and upgraded at check in.

DoubleTree Campbell (CA) 1 King to King Junior Suite on one night stay at check in.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Conrad Istanbul

Booked base room on a dirt cheap airline rate and upgraded to park suite the night before for 3 nights
seychellesbound and Xelodia like this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 9:48 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
First time at the brand new Curio Hart Shoreditch in London.

Great hotel, well situated, well appointed.

Was upgraded from a Queen to. King Junior Suite, however the room size/appointments was equivalent to most Queens I’ve stayed in. Not sure exactly how small a Queen is (this was apparently a 4 category upgrade).
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 10:41 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hilton Naples

Stayed for 7 nights last week (5 points + 2 cash). Asked at check-in if any suites were available. Didn't get much of an answer so I said I saw there was an accessible suite available on the app. Got the upgrade even though the hotel was pretty full, all other suites were sold out. Only difference to a regular suite was a large shower instead of a bathtub. 1.5 bathrooms, and a nice living room that was separated from bedroom with doors that could open or close. This is a great property with excellent service and no resort fee even though it's close to the beach. Lounge closed but got appetizer coupons for restaurant which were good.

Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 5:07 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Millennium Hilton Bangkok

Booked a King Deluxe room & pre-upgraded 24 hours before to a King Family Suite.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 5:13 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Millennium Hilton Bangkok

Once again, I booked a King Deluxe room & this time was pre-upgraded 24 hours before to a King Executive Room but upon arrival (& following a chat ) was allocated a King Family Suite. All handled well & with good grace by all concerned. Busiest I have the seen the hotel in my 4 or so covid-era stays this year (although it is a holiday weekend here).
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 9:59 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
HGI Charleston

Double w/no view to Double w/glimpse of the James Island Expressway.

Horrendous franchisee overall, avoid.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 11:14 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Hilton strand Helsinki Finland

booked a King room received oceanview suite 👍 VERY nice. the balcony was great
Sisosig and zeer0 like this.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Hilton Slussen, Stockholm Sweden

Booked a Queen room, assigned an Executive Jr Suite. No balcony, but large windows facing the water and the old city
Old Nov 20, 2020, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onobond
Hilton Slussen, Stockholm Sweden

Booked a Queen room, assigned an Executive Jr Suite. No balcony, but large windows facing the water and the old city
What are the lounge arrangements at the moment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.