Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Tudor Arms Cleveland (Ohio)- Double Tree

I reserved 2 Queen Beds; Upgraded to 2 Queen Junior Suite with Separate Living Room.

This upgrade was quite nice, especially as the living room was large enough to comfortably host several family members who were in town visiting. The living room sofa was a sofa bed, and the room had a portable faux fireplace (infrared heater) which was a nice touch against the snowy January weather.

This hotel also offers a hot breakfast buffet for $12.00 (approx. $12.96 with tax), so you can actually use your Diamond Credit for a complete hot breakfast. Additionally, all hotel employees I encountered were helpful and gracious.

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past (pre-pandemic), and Diamond recognition was almost always (>90% of the time) recognized with a nice room upgrade. I once again had a pleasant stay last week, and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Cleveland-- especially to the Cleveland Clinic, which is literally across the street.
Schwann likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:47 pm

Hilton Downtown Vancouver

Booked a 1 Queen 2 Room Suite last September 2021. Got upgraded to a 1 King City View Balcony 2 Room Suite as a HH Diamond.

Continental breakfast was included but had to pay additional $10 Canadian for a hot breakfast at the restaurant.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:03 am

Hilton Pattaya, Thailand

Stay was in January - booked a King Hilton Deluxe - Ocean View (entry level room) and was upgraded to a King Family Ocean Suite. I was upgraded the year prior but only to a higher floor executive with a better view, not a suite. Full breakfast buffet in the restaurant.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 11:52 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I realize directly comparing the strength of upgrades between Lifetime Diamond and regular Diamond is not straightforward, that said, are there some people who have anecdotal evidence of LTD upgrades being better than for regular Diamonds at some hotels? For example, you know of XYZ checking in at the same time as you, received different upgrade possibly because of different status? Or have some people received informal information from staff of some hotels sharing what is their upgrade policy and how it differs between the two statuses?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 12:18 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I have had a few properties who take the time and print out all of the “status” folks staying that evening. I have been rewarded with gifts, wine, fruit plates, free dinner and even nice upgrades. It all depends on the property.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
I don't believe the system distinguishes LTD from regular D on check in, though I believe there are Hilton folks on here who can confirm that.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They do know who is LTD by looking at the Best Guest List, and LTD's are ranked at the top of that list. They can also dig into the profile.

In terms of automatic upgrades, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be prioritising LTD over DIA in terms of how far they upgrade but it might be that it prioritises the chance of an upgrade to LTD vs DIA. My data point is a LTD and a DIA booking the same room type, same stay duration and the system gave the same level of upgrade. Later, the LTD was upgraded further by staff, DIA stayed in the assigned type.

As I posted when automatic started, it was my assessment that LTD might lose out because it gives the impression that's your lot. Manual upgrades were based on staff going down the Best Guest List and assigning them based on the metric used there. One time points burners might be winners, because in the past they might not have got an upgrade at all.
escape4 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
I don't believe the system distinguishes LTD from regular D on check in, though I believe there are Hilton folks on here who can confirm that.
If you are looking at the arrivals screen there is no distinction between Diamonds. Also, fwiw, while plenty of larger properties and resorts use Best Guest Reports most Hilton properties are small limited service places that are not digging into profiles or running reports. My data point is that in thirteen plus years with two limited service properties under six different GMs, I have always and continue to upgrade whomever I want, period, without a second thought about running a report. When I start a 3-11 shift I could have fifty check ins with maybe a few rooms pre-assigned and after that I make it up as I go.
ChurnieEls likes this.

Last edited by The Road Goes On Forever; Feb 6, 2022 at 9:49 pm
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:23 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by hugolover

In terms of automatic upgrades, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be prioritising LTD over DIA in terms of how far they upgrade but it might be that it prioritises the chance of an upgrade to LTD vs DIA. My data point is a LTD and a DIA booking the same room type, same stay duration and the system gave the same level of upgrade. Later, the LTD was upgraded further by staff, DIA stayed in the assigned type.

As I posted when automatic started, it was my assessment that LTD might lose out because it gives the impression that's your lot. Manual upgrades were based on staff going down the Best Guest List and assigning them based on the metric used there. One time points burners might be winners, because in the past they might not have got an upgrade at all.
If upgrades to LTD were higher frequency and to better rooms than regular Diamonds, it would potentially give me an incentive to ramp up my Hilton stays to achieve LTD sooner rather than later. However your comments above leave me lukewarm about it...
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever
If you are looking at the arrivals screen there is no distinction between Diamonds. Also, fwiw, while plenty of larger properties and resorts use Best Guest Reports most Hilton properties are small limited service places that are not digging into profiles or running reports. My data point is that in thirteen plus years with two limited service properties under six different GMs, I have always and continue to upgrade whomever I want, period, without a second thought about running a report. When I start a 3-11 shift I could have fifty check ins with maybe a few rooms pre-assigned and after that I make it up as I go.
Very interesting! In Europe I see the Best Guest List on the front desk, very often indeed. In many hotels I've seen it annotated in pen. Even Hampton's are using it.

The standard is of course much higher, especially in developing markets, which is probably the reason they pay attention to these things.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
So what gets one on to the best guest list? If it property specific or bars on HHonors activity?

As another upgrade data point, I got upgraded to a suite at the Doubletree Club in Springdale, AR on a points stay.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Superguy
So what gets one on to the best guest list? If it property specific or bars on HHonors activity?

As another upgrade data point, I got upgraded to a suite at the Doubletree Club in Springdale, AR on a points stay.
Frequency of activity within the Hilton family of hotels and/or that specific property.
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA since 1988 (ex-elite status); Alaska; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever
Frequency of activity within the Hilton family of hotels and/or that specific property.
Sigh.
I have reached about 20-25 nights this year (40 days in, that's frequent, right?!) and Diamond from last year and today my first Doubletree for a while and no upgrade. Grumpy.
Leonvomp likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a stay at a Tapestry property coming up and I'm in the check-in window. Did not get notified of any upgrade. The app is offering to sell upgrades, the next room category is +$9/night (e.g., Superior vs. Deluxe room) and then some suites for ~$50/night. Shouldn't I at least get that next room category for free?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Upgraded from a regular room to One Bedroom Conrad Suite at Conrad Dublin for a two night stay earlier this week. Hotel was extremely quiet, all of the suites were selectable on the app and I was also granted a 3pm checkout.

Also had an excellent upgrade before Christmas at the Conrad Las Vegas that I forgot to post about. Upgraded from a base room to a One Bedroom Suite, but I had also booked the Impresario rate. Was pleasantly surprised as upgrades for Hilton Elites tend to just be to a better view or a high floor in Vegas.
Radiation Station likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.