Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2012, 6:03 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Do the points earned from spend on the card only show up on the monthly Chase statements?
Yes
Old Sep 2, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
The points earned by the various Chase cards show up online at chase.com as soon as the statement closes for the month, which for the Sapphire is 10:20 PM ET of the night listed as closing day.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Questions:

We are supposed to get a free night at card anniversary if we spend $10k on it. Therefore, shortly after anniversary we get a certificate for 1 free night expiring 12 months after anniversary? Or 12 months from paying the annual fee? Or does the certificate go out right away after completing the $10k spend? (doubt it).

I am trying to squeeze as many free nights as I can here like all of us:-)

4 nights (wife & me) for getting the card
2 nights (wife & me) for completing the $10k spend in the first year
1 night (me as Plat)

How many points will we need to redeem for a free night? I doubt $10k on the card will be even close, correct? Will it make sense to put more spend on it or use another card (more likely)?

I am assuming the Fairmont points from using this card do not expire as long as we keep the card?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Fairmont Visa Signature Card

Hello, am a Fairmont newbie, thanks in advance!
Is this best sign-up offer for this card?:
(if not, link to "best" appreciated!)

■2 Free nights at any Fairmont when you spend $1,000 within 3 months.
■1 free night in any Fairmont every anniversary when you spend $12,000 within a year.
■2 free lounge passes valued at $27.
■5 points per dollar spent at any Fairmont.
■2 points per dollar spent on airfare, car rentals and trains, 1 point on everything else.
■Fairmont President’s Club premier status.
■$95 annual fee waived for the first year.
■No foreign transaction fees.

(moderator: please relocate if appropriate)
Old Sep 8, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
My understanding is the 2 free nights certificate for opening the account and spending the initial $1K in 90 days is valid for 1 year from data of issue.

The anniversary 1 night free based on $10K spent (mine is $12K spent in 1 year) only posts on the card anniversary even if you spend it earlier. I called Fairmont's Chase rep and talked to her several times so see if they can release this certificate earlier, and the firm answer is "NO, only on card anniversary date + [processing time]". So to get the 3rd free night you have to keep the card over 1 year and pay the annual fee.

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Questions:

We are supposed to get a free night at card anniversary if we spend $10k on it. Therefore, shortly after anniversary we get a certificate for 1 free night expiring 12 months after anniversary? Or 12 months from paying the annual fee? Or does the certificate go out right away after completing the $10k spend? (doubt it).
Old Sep 8, 2012, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
Hello, am a Fairmont newbie, thanks in advance!
Is this best sign-up offer for this card?:
(if not, link to "best" appreciated!)

■2 Free nights at any Fairmont when you spend $1,000 within 3 months.
■1 free night in any Fairmont every anniversary when you spend $12,000 within a year.
■2 free lounge passes valued at $27.
■5 points per dollar spent at any Fairmont.
■2 points per dollar spent on airfare, car rentals and trains, 1 point on everything else.
■Fairmont President’s Club premier status.
■$95 annual fee waived for the first year.
■No foreign transaction fees.

(moderator: please relocate if appropriate)
What? You don't want to read 300+ posts to find the answer? This is the best Fairmont card offer, except that now the fee is NOT waived. Sorry bout that. Still a great deal for $95 IMHO. Two nights in a $500+ suite is sweet. Link is in the 1st post.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
thanks miles_navigator

Understood about the free night based on the spend. It is $12k for all, not $10k for me (it was a typo!).

I think I am going to call the Plat line and book the rooms I want soon and then call back as free night certs arrive:-)
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:08 pm

Expiring certs..

This question was posed earlier and didnt seem to be answered sufficiently...

For the
$25 Dining/Willow Stream Certificates, can you physically get the paper certificates to redeem them without staying at the Fairmont?

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Yes, Shingu79! I was awarded those cert.s into my account online, then a few weeks later I got the paper copies. I used one on Aug. 16 at the Fairmont Vancouver, where I was not a room guest.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by lov2trav
Sweet
Please help me as I'm confused as to the spend required to get the 2 fee nites
At any Fairmont

I see $ 1 K for 2 nites, then other posts say $ 12K spend ?

For example is this $ 1k spend offer still good ?.

http://www.fairmont.com/promo/card/

Any help appreciated
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by wagwag22
Please help me as I'm confused as to the spend required to get the 2 fee nites
At any Fairmont

I see $ 1 K for 2 nites, then other posts say $ 12K spend ?

For example is this $ 1k spend offer still good ?.

http://www.fairmont.com/promo/card/

Any help appreciated
Upon getting the card, it's a $1K spend for 2 free nights. Those are subject to capacity controls. If one spends $12K in a membership year (i.e., within 12 months of getting the card), one gets an additional free night--this one, we've been told, is NOT subject to capacity controls and I believe (but am not certain) comes with a breakfast cert.
Hope this helps.
The offer should still be good--I think the only thing that's expired was the waiver of the first year's fee.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by shingu79
This question was posed earlier and didnt seem to be answered sufficiently...

For the
$25 Dining/Willow Stream Certificates, can you physically get the paper certificates to redeem them without staying at the Fairmont?

Thanks!
Neither my wife or I received these in paper form. If you call CS they may be able to print and send to you. We only received the 4 Breakfast certs & 2 free nights in paper form.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:00 am
AAL

What is people's experience in booking the 2 free night certificates? I just received mine, and found that the free nights are not available at either of the times/places I has in mind to use them.

Is there ever any hope of booking the free nights on fairly short notice (like a month in advance)?

I was spoiled by the Hyatt certificates, where I can see online if a standard room is available.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:22 pm
Original Member

For the 12,000 spend one night free at anniversary......it says please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Does anyone know whether it's more like 4 or 6 weeks or even sooner, perhaps? Do we think you can make the reservation without the certificate in hand?

Thanks
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by AAL
What is people's experience in booking the 2 free night certificates? I just received mine, and found that the free nights are not available at either of the times/places I has in mind to use them.

Is there ever any hope of booking the free nights on fairly short notice (like a month in advance)?

I was spoiled by the Hyatt certificates, where I can see online if a standard room is available.
What Fairmont hotel do you want to use the free night certs at?

Except when redeeming at the Plaza and the Savoy there should be no capacity controls.

As long as the dates arenīt blacked out (typically Christmas, Thanksgiving etc.) and a Fairmont room is available on the website, you should be able to redeem the free night certs without any issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.