Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Azepine00, how early? How soon after you hit 12K spend? How much before your anniv./ renewal date?
Old May 15, 2017, 4:55 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Is it typical for Chase to "forget" to give you your bonus certificates? I had to call to get mine.
Now,
Can we book london hotels or are they blocked?
Old May 15, 2017, 7:40 pm

Data point:
Statement date 5/8
Annual fee charged 5/1
Cert deposit 5/9
12k reached last winter
I'll call Chase to see if they can do something with annual fee. Have success for past few years.
What should I do with my 60k+ point? Wait and see if it can be converted to UR point?
Old May 16, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: I'm all in on Ultimate Rewards
Anyone found any way to apply for this card now? I'm trying to get a few nights on the cheap in Hawaii and apply for the suite upgrade too. Or anyone know where to purchase these from others?
Old May 26, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Does anyone have any data points on booking the Chase free nights with yourself as primary, the person you intend to use the night as secondary, and then not showing up to help them check in? I thought I was going to be in town next week to help my friends check into a Fairmont hotel. But work is calling me away. Are they going to run into trouble?
Old May 30, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I wonder if there will be an Accor credit card.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Khlay, if you want to stick around to see if your 60K Chase Fairmont points will convert to UR, you'll have to pay the annual fee this time. Otherwise, order US$600 in (for gasoline is my favorite) GCs & close the account now or right after your June 8 statement.
Sorry, Spotydoty, Chase & Fairmont intended to shut off new applications on Jan. 10 this year. Someone found a live link or 2, but those were shut off Jan. 17. The end.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Looks like it's time to bail on this card. Annual fee posted this week, and without knowing whether Accor will honor the status or any of the benefits, it's just not worth risking the fee.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Looks like it's time to bail on this card. Annual fee posted this week, and without knowing whether Accor will honor the status or any of the benefits, it's just not worth risking the fee.
Just wondering: Wouldn't customers be entitled to a refund if benefits / status were eliminated without sufficient notice?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just wondering: Wouldn't customers be entitled to a refund if benefits / status were eliminated without sufficient notice?
I would hope so. But it would still annoy me as I'm working on the $12k spend for the free night. I'll be pissed if they don't honor it as I could have directed that spend elsewhere.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Wouldn't customers be entitled to a refund if benefits / status were eliminated without sufficient notice?
Good question. But even if they were entitled, with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau likely going away, there won't be anybody to enforce it.

Also, you'd have to convince Chase that a change to the FPC program would make the credit card benefits meaningless. So far, they don't seem to believe there's any relationship.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan
Azepine00, how early? How soon after you hit 12K spend? How much before your anniv./ renewal date?
on one card free night arrived 3 wks before annual fee hit but on the other two weeks after fee payment deadline. Go figure...
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Does the 12K spend for the free night have to be in the calendar year or the cardholder year (i.e 12 billing cycles)?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Does the 12K spend for the free night have to be in the calendar year or the cardholder year (i.e 12 billing cycles)?
It's based on your cardholder anniversary. It's not billing cycles - the exact date matters.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:47 pm

Has anyone ever had someone else check in with your free night? My neice is taking my son for a space x tour (from her friend who works there). So they don't have a crazy trip home, I'd like them to stay at the Fairmont. Is this doable? TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.