Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: AA
There's no way to product change to this card, is there?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by chrisremo
There's no way to product change to this card, is there?
Not yet, but pretty likely that it'll change to a freedom or something.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:52 pm

Fairmont just doesn't have enough family friendly locations for me to keep the card. Looks like they have some great hotels in Canada, but its not very realistic for me to think I'll be going to any of them. They do have some really nice hotels here in the USA, but again now I am looking for more family friendly places. Perhaps if their annual free room certificate didn't come with a $12k card charge requirement, I would keep the card.

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Personally, I think this Fairmont CC is a hidden gem and a keeper. Really not sure why anyone would cancel the card, especially since it is DEAD, and thus unchurnable. The value you can get out of it is much greater than the $95 AF. I mean, the dining certs are already $50 (let's value it at $25). So to me I see the AF as $70 but you are getting 3rd nt free and suite upg cert (for 5 nts). If you are able to make use of it once a year (ideally) it would be pretty nice. Even if used every other year, the value saved definitely surpasses "$140". But to each and their own.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
One of the best things would be if Chase converts Fairmont Visas into Sapphire Preferred, esp. if the points, which are now worth 1 cent each toward gift cards, would become CSP points at 1:1, transferable to Hyatt!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Brendan
One of the best things would be if Chase converts Fairmont Visas into Sapphire Preferred, esp. if the points, which are now worth 1 cent each toward gift cards, would become CSP points at 1:1, transferable to Hyatt!
I'd even be okay with it becoming a freedom
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Since it's a published credit card benefit (not just a loyalty program benefit) I'd argue chances are pretty good the certs will be valid for one year.

If it were Fairmont I'd say chances would be 99%; and while I'm much less confident about Accor's approach to business ethics and customer service, I'd still say the chances are decent.

So i called on this and they said i have to wait 10 months before i can use the upgrade assuming that upgrade is available then
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 am

Can the 3rd night free can be combined with Citi Prestige 4th night free?. Since the 3 nights are paid?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by venkallu
Can the 3rd night free can be combined with Citi Prestige 4th night free?. Since the 3 nights are paid?
There have been a few discussions on this which you may want to search for.

From Fairmont's perspective: no problem

from Citi's perspective: YMMV (Citi may or may not take a closer look at your invoice and determine you didn't actually pay for four nights)
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by venkallu
I realize there are conflicting reports, but it should work. The terms and conditions state:

To receive your complimentary night (via a statement credit) you must: 1) Make a reservation for a minimum,
consecutive four-night stay by contacting the Citi Prestige Concierge, to book directly with a designated
concierge and 2) Fully pay for your stay with a Citi Prestige Card.

Plus if you click the FAQ here: https://www.cardbenefits.citi.com/#1pro2 and scroll to the 4th night benefit paragraph, click the "For more details on eligibility and exclusions" PDF, you can see number 4 directly answers this question.

4. Does a hotel rate with a “third, fifth, etc.” night free promotion qualify?
a. Yes, currently we allow it to be combined with other promotions.

I feel like all the signs point to this being absolutely no problem, but again, with the conflicting reports it might come down to whoever reviews the file. I booked a Fairmont for July with this benefit and called to apply my 3rd night free, so I guess I'll know for sure in a few months.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by hiima
Not yet, but pretty likely that it'll change to a freedom or something.
I'd say that's very doubtful. Considering Chase's history with orphaned cards, it will more likely just stay as it is.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I'd say that's very doubtful. Considering Chase's history with orphaned cards, it will more likely just stay as it is.
Has chase ever had any completely orphaned cards?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:25 pm

How soon (after meeting min spend) do you get the mail (email or snail mail) confirming you have the 2 FN cert ?

Met my min spend 10 days ago but still no squeak from Chase nor Fairmont. But I also dont want to hurry them since I want my cert to last longer I count and double count that I have indeed met my min spend...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
They converted the Amtrak card to Freedom a couple of years ago.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-sep-30-a.html
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Several old United and Continental cards.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Several old United and Continental cards.
United isn't orphaned. Amtrak is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.