FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Chase Signature Card
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:52 pm
rlee1180

Fairmont just doesn't have enough family friendly locations for me to keep the card. Looks like they have some great hotels in Canada, but its not very realistic for me to think I'll be going to any of them. They do have some really nice hotels here in the USA, but again now I am looking for more family friendly places. Perhaps if their annual free room certificate didn't come with a $12k card charge requirement, I would keep the card.

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Personally, I think this Fairmont CC is a hidden gem and a keeper. Really not sure why anyone would cancel the card, especially since it is DEAD, and thus unchurnable. The value you can get out of it is much greater than the $95 AF. I mean, the dining certs are already $50 (let's value it at $25). So to me I see the AF as $70 but you are getting 3rd nt free and suite upg cert (for 5 nts). If you are able to make use of it once a year (ideally) it would be pretty nice. Even if used every other year, the value saved definitely surpasses "$140". But to each and their own.